[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, with the recient changing in brace rules, I've decided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: evo.jpg (48KB, 540x255px) Image search: [Google]
evo.jpg
48KB, 540x255px
So, with the recient changing in brace rules, I've decided to get a pistol. I've looked into getting a Scorpion Evo, or something on the AR Platform. I'm at a loss and I'm looking for recommendations. I'm looking for something that won't kill my wallet when it comes down to getting mags, ammo, ect.
>>
For what you want the scorpion is a solid choice with a lot of aftermarket, I say go for it
>>
>>34264551
Same dilemma as you OP, and I've decided on the new model of the Scorpion pistol with the carbine handguard, and the SB Tactical side folding brace. Cheap mags, better suppressor host than the pistol caliber ARs, and plenty of current and upcoming aftermarket support.
>>
>>34264551
I've been away for a year or so, what are the new rules about braces? Are they legal again, or illegal again?
>>
>>34265151
So you can shoulder them now, without the ATF shooting your dog.
>>
>>34265177
Let's be real; the ATF is going to shoot your dog either way. It's just a question of whether or not it's done for practice or for real.
>>
>>34265190
Honestly I don't even know where that joke came from, but it's hella funny.
>>
>>34265177
Neat
I always wondered about collapsible stocks too.
>>
>>34266326
No, that's a stock. If you put a stock on a gun that ever has a barrel under 16 in., that's an SBR and they'll shoot your dog without apologizing.
>>
I have an evo - in a carbine configuration. The one issue to look out for is the sights - the optic rail isn't always perfectly aligned with the barrel - they sometimes are impossible to sight in - either the windage will need to be all the way to the left or the right, or in my case, you'll need to file down the front sight as it simply won't go low enough.

Other than that, they're great, but it's a bit shitty to have to make modifications to a $1000 pistol/carbine to make it shoot straight.
>>
File: 20170615_163756.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170615_163756.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I just bought an Olympic Arms AR upper in .45ACP. It is sexy.
>>
>>34265208
Within the span of a few years the ATF shot a bunch of different dogs during raids. Some of the raids turned up nothing but a dead dog. I can't remember the last time they shot a dog, but it's still funny.

ATF should be rolled into the IRS. Failure to pay a tax on time should mean a hand knocking on your door, not a battering ram.
>>
>>34266326
>>34266337
"Adjustable" six position braces are okie dokie though
>>
File: omega.jpg (135KB, 1000x540px) Image search: [Google]
omega.jpg
135KB, 1000x540px
Different anon but how nice are braces to shoulder compared to a proper stock?
I was thinking of getting a pistol caliber carbine/"pistol" and I don't want to deal with the ATF at the moment. I'm looking at just getting a folding, or possibly collapsing brace on an MP5 clone for the moment, but I wouldn't be against getting a carbine with a pinned fake suppressor like pic related.
If braces are just fine compared to stocks, what even is the reason to SBR something now?
>>
>>34266337
but what if you shoot it with the stock folded?
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 194x259px
I'm thinking of picking up a AK Pistol, live in Oregon, so I can conceal carry one in a backpack here and it would be legal with our CHL.

Any recommendations /k/? This would be my first AK, I already have a decent AR with some glass, the AK pistol would be a KISS set up with maybe a weapon light and some trijicon irons. Let me hear your thoughts.
>>
>>34267174
Bump
>>
>>34267174
Draco
>>
>>34266866
Probably not the most comfortable thing ever, but if you're shooting pistol caliber carbines, it probably doesn't matter too much since the energy is minimal.

Been thinking of picking up a 22 version of one of those myself.
>>
>>34267174
An AK pistol is not a good idea to conceal. If anyone saw that you had an AK in your backpack, no one would buy "concealed carry".
>>
File: Muhpistol.jpg (735KB, 910x1413px) Image search: [Google]
Muhpistol.jpg
735KB, 910x1413px
>>34264551
I literally just finished putting together my new pistol. I picked up alot of parts during memorial day and d-day sales. Will enjoy breaking her in this weekend.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.