[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am prohibited by work policy to carry a gun on the premises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 9

I am prohibited by work policy to carry a gun on the premises or even in my car outside the building.

Dress code is khakis and a specific color of shirt, I work out on the sales floor directly with customers and I'd like to be able to carry. The way I'm seeing my options right now are pocket carry and ankle holster carry, I'm leaning toward ankle carry but I need some suggestions on what guns I might want to try out. I need something that isn't going to draw attention or print because my job is at stake if it does.

If I ever have to use the gun I'm fine with losing my job over losing my life.
>>
>>34263253
Where do you work that is dangerous enough to risk losing your job just to carry?
>>
Pocket carry a small 380 like an LCP.
Do not ankle carry! When you sit down your pant legs will rise up, and the gun will be exposed.
With a proper holster (like the kydex hickock approved Alabama pocket holsters), it will just look like you have a phone/ wallet in your pocket.

Not to mention, drawing from a pocket is a lot less conspicuous than getting on one knee and drawing from the ankle
>>
>>34263280
I Don't think he's worried about the small chance he will need a gun from the walk from his office to his car, but having a gun on him from the way from his job to his house. He might stop to get groceries, etc.
>>
>>34263253
Derringer up your poop hole
>>
>>34263301
Then just keep it concealed in the car while working.
>>
>>34263253
>I am prohibited by work policy to carry a gun on the premises or even in my car outside the building.

so dont
>>
>>34263280
I work in hardline sales at a major department store for commission, I'm in contact with customers all day every day.

>>34263301
I want to have one for both on my way home as well as while I'm on the floor working

>>34263282
The reason I was thinking ankle was that I already have my pockets full of shit: phone keys and wallet only leaves one back pocket and I don't want to be sitting on the gun if I ever do get to sit down.

>>34263328
judged by 12 than carried by 6 etc
>>
>>34263336
>I work in hardline sales at a major department store for commission, I'm in contact with customers all day every day.
There has probably never been a robbery or even an assault in your store. Youre an idiot if youre willing to risk your job for a situation that will almost certainly never happen.
>>
>>34263253
>even in my car outside the building
Do they tell you what you can have in your own home as well?
>>
Just start open carrying. If anyone says anything to you start screaming about the Constitution and how the post office is run by freemasons. You have to be assertive in a situation like that.
>>
>>34263336
>The reason I was thinking ankle was that I already have my pockets full of shit: phone keys and wallet only leaves one back pocket and I don't want to be sitting on the gun if I ever do get to sit down.

Put all that other shit in a locker or leave it in your car. Ankle holsters are shit, pocket carrying something small is your only real option.
>>
pocket carry
>>
>>34263384
There will always be more jobs, if the situation arises where I need a gun and don't have one then I'd rather have gotten fired than be dead.

>2016 Cascade
>2007 Westroads
>2017 Merrik Park
>2017 La Encantada
>2017 San Antonio
>2017 West End
etc

>>34263399
Company property

>>34263428
>>34263430
I'm looking at pocket carry now
>>
>>34263253

I had a co-worker who did this exact thing.

We worked at a cell phone store, and while normally pretty chill, there would occaisionally be a customer who would freak out over the the fact their phone was turned off (for non-payment), or they broke their phone and discovered they weren't getting a new iphone for free. People would just lose their minds, and it could get a bit dicey.

Anyway, he carried a Glock 27 in an ankle holster. Only he and I knew, because I was also a gun nut, and wouldn't narc him out.

Side note, I was called in front of HR once over gun stuff. Kinda sucked.

>new boss
>she over hears me talking guns
>next dat she brings in a beretta 25 her brother gave her
>asks "how does it work"?
>I print out some diagrams, explain it
>another co-worker brings in some ammo he thinks will fit (.22lr)
>it won't so he goes to dump in garbage
>i stop him and put it in my desk
>month later, get transferred
>new employee gets my desk
>finds ammo and gun schematics in my desk
>runs to her manager
>HR shows up at my location the next day
>HR lady is Texan
>HR lady hears my story, laughs it off
>I spend the rest of my time at the job calling the manager who reported me a huge pussy
>no one calls HR
>>
>>34263384
Better to have it not need it than need it not have it.
>>
File: ss+(2017-06-01+at+11.57.28)[1].png (64KB, 603x600px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-01+at+11.57.28)[1].png
64KB, 603x600px
>>34263253
>>34263336

You may want to edumacate yourself on your state laws, because you could possibly be covered keeping it in the car.

Pic. related Florida State Law
>>
>>34263436
>>34263446
>taking a high probability risk that will seriously hurt your standard of living to prevent something that will almost certainly never happen
I hope you dont drive to work or eat cheeseburgers because either of those things are hundreds of times more likely to kill you.
>>
>>34263518
>implying I can't get another job
My job is not worth my life, no matter how low the risk.
>>
>>34263446
Honestly if you're going to break company policy, just get a clip holster and take the gun off and into your glovebox before work. You'll still be armed, save for the infentisimally small chance you are assaulted at work, and you'll have more dakka on hand if you need it. Way less of a chance of being found out with no real downside
>>
File: 1462991230637.jpg (26KB, 479x358px) Image search: [Google]
1462991230637.jpg
26KB, 479x358px
>>34263542
>interact with customers for 8 hours in a mall setting
>drive home on the interstate for 15 minutes
>you are more likely to be attacked during the latter
>>
>>34263518
With that logic lets just not wear our seatbelts because the chances of getting in a fatal wreck are very low
>>
>>34263528
Alright, tough guy. If youre so concerned about getting shot working at a department store, feel free to risk your job and getting arrested.

>>34263583
Except thats a retarded comparison and statistically wrong. Driving is one of the most dangerous daily activities and there is no risk for getting caught wearing your seatbelt
>>
>>34263643
I listed 6 examples of shootings in department stores within the last 10 years.

4 of them were this year.
>>
>>34263651
There are a few hundred examples of people getting struck by lightning every year but that doesnt make it a realistic concern.
>>
File: 1467176914207.png (181KB, 540x272px) Image search: [Google]
1467176914207.png
181KB, 540x272px
>>34263675
So let's climb radio towers in the rain
>>
>>34263436
So you'll risk having it in your pocket, in your person? But just leaving it in the glove box isn't an option?
>>
This kinda shit drives me nuts.
>constitutional right to bear arms
>employer says you cant bear arms

Fucking life and liberty must be a meme huh?
>>
>>34263710
I wouldn't have even started a thread if I wanted a gun in my glove box, there's absolutely zero chance of that getting caught.

I want a gun in case there's an active shooter while I'm working. If I'm on the sales floor and a nigga starts blasting because he can't return that weed whacker a gun in my glove box does me no good.
>>
>>34263730
I understand anon i used to work at a state park and wed pull Heroin OD out of the public bathrooms. I kept a small bag with me and kept a 380 in that. Think of doing the backpack/briefcase/lunchbox carry? Id be within reach but not on you.
>>
>>34263724
>on their property

It's within their rights even though I disagree with it.
>>
>>34263253
Hey man, if you hide it well enough and keep your mouth shut, you should be fine
>>
>>34263730
I wonder how the management would react if you requested a discussion on the topic of firearms. Or at least asked them to look the other way if its a liability insurance thing. In which case someone should sue the insurance companies for infringing on the 2a. They wouldnt increase the premium if fags worked there because of higher chance of aids.

My girlfriend and her boss where having a discussion and she mentioned she just got her conceal pistol permit. He said "im so proud of you for doing that, just so you know company policy is that we cant carry but in case shit hits the fan theres at least 6 people here that I know who carry"
>>
>>34263754
I post sign at my starbucks

>no fags muslims or feminists aloud
>i get sued for my starbucks.
>>
>>34263701
>fucking someone you know has aids is the same as not wearing a condom with a random slut
>>
>>34263774
This is a decent argument.
>>
>>34263792
Unfortunately itd never slide. As much as it should. You see people can put gun owners through the fucking ringer but god forbid an illegal immigrant with a criminal record gets deported. What people dont realize is if we play this game where we can take away rights so long as a big group of people agree to it we can take away any rights. Gun owners are not a majority, blacks are not a majority, gays are not a majority, muslims are not a majority but America has this political system where a majority can put restrictions and rules on a minority whether its constitutional or not.
>>
>>34263849
So its blacks vs everyone else (everyone else usually being a bunch of random minorites whose only similarity is that they dont care about black rights). And gun owners vs the general public and gays vs the general public. The general public is everyone minus the minority youre attacking and the minority will obviously always be smaller than the general public. Shit keeps me up at night.
>>
>>34263787
Gays are extremely more prone to comtracting aids because of the high probability of drawing blood during butt sex. You can actually have vaginal sec with someone who has aids and be fine if no blood contact is made. When you start the 7th grade this fall youll learn this.
>>
>>34263569
I'm just going off what I do after work, which involves walking through a shady parking garage, maybe getting dinner or going to the supermarket. Liquor store runs are also shady as well.
>>
File: IMG_1067.jpg (94KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1067.jpg
94KB, 408x408px
>>34263884
>MFW I masturbated without lube for a week straight

>mfw get scab on cock

>mfw have sex with the university pump w/ no rubber

>pull out and see my dick has blood oozing from chafe

Shit was scary son
>>
File: babbysfirstwooterboard.jpg (64KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
babbysfirstwooterboard.jpg
64KB, 520x520px
concealed is concealed. quit being a faggot and learn how to properly carry a fucking gun. then, take it everywhere except inside metal detectors. then, quit being a faggot and stop going to concerts/sporting events. problem solved.
>>
>>34263280
>>34263328
Or just have the skills and savings to find another job. I can honestly say I'd have no worries if I was fired or my employer dissolved tomorrow. With that in mind, the small risk of being fired because I'm seen carrying outweighs the (admittedly smaller) risk I'll need to defend my life.

I've been pocket carrying a kahr p380 for a while now and I'm pretty confident with it. A small cartridge is better than no cartridge and at indoor ranges I know I can put multiple rounds where they need to go.
>>
>>34263253
Why can't you use a tuckable IWB holster? It's not going to print. If it prints, say it's your insulin pump. The end.
>>
>>34263253

I was not able to carry for years at work (Hospital fag) I ended up carrying a g26 in a shoulder holster under the shirt. Scrub top and bottoms was my every day wear, did that for four yrs every day, no one noticed.
>>
>>34263754
No, it isn't. It's within their rights to deny you entry to their private property, but not to deny you your natural right of self-defense.
>>
>>34263280
That sure sounds like "NEED" talk.
>>
>>34263280
SHALL
>>
>>34263253
Remora tuckable with a pocket pistol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VG4rgs1A1sw
>>
>>34263253
Glock 43.
>>
>>34263253
I used to carry at Sherwin Williams when I worked there. Just do it.
>>
>>34263253
How about... don't carry. It is not worth the hassle. but do keep it in the car because that part is b.s.
>>
>>34263754
>>34264584 again

Before you come back at me saying that "well, the employer denied entry to everyone carrying guns, so you're infringing on their property rights by carrying in spite of their instructions," my response to this argument is that 1) you have a right to lie to someone who is trying to deny you your rights, and 2) it is not within a property owner's rights to invade your personal space (i.e., to look for a gun under your clothes). Logically, concealed-carry trumps property rights 100%.
>>
>>34264726

You're a dumbass who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. Please, don't breed, get rid of any guns you own...Better yet, just kill yourself.
>>
File: ph.png (632KB, 645x788px) Image search: [Google]
ph.png
632KB, 645x788px
>>34264815
Not an argument.
>>
>>34264627
>>34264612
You dont have a right to carry on other peoples property

>>34263884
>carries a gun against company policy because of the literally less than one in a million chance of a spree shooter
>would have sex with a woman with HIV because the chances are less than one in a thousand
Youll learn why this doesnt make sense in freshmen statistics
>>
>>34264877
>You dont have a right to carry on other peoples property
You do have a right to defend your life by whatever means available, and if you are allowed onto a person's property with a concealed firearm, then you are within your rights to carry on their property.
>>34264584
>>34264726
>>
>>34264877
Alot of corporations lease the property they run their business on. They do not own it.
>>
>>34264891
>and if you are allowed onto a person's property with a concealed firearm, then you are within your rights to carry on their property.
You arent allowed on their property with a weapon. They say specifically not to bring one. If you dont like it, youre free to stay off their property.
>>
>>34264910
Unless they post a sign saying no weapons allowed on the front door, you are expressly able to carry on that property. They can stipulate that you cannot have a weapon while you work there as part of the clause of being hired, but you have committed no crime in carrying anyways. They can only fire you unless there's a sign on the door.
>>
>>34264921
>Unless they post a sign saying no weapons allowed on the front door, you are expressly able to carry on that property.
False

>They can stipulate that you cannot have a weapon while you work there as part of the clause of being hired, but you have committed no crime in carrying anyways.
That depends on the state

>They can only fire you unless there's a sign on the door.
This makes me think you dont have a job

>>34264908
Renters rights
>>
>>34264949
I do have a job. I just know my rights because I actually have a CPL. Keep being a fucking retard.
>>
>>34264957
Congrats, you might know a little about gun laws in one state. But in many states, those things do carry the force of law and they can easily fire you over breaching company policy.
>>
>>34264910
I'll give you a couple examples to illustrate the "right to lie" that I mentioned, because this is important.

Let's say that you were the son of a Congressman (or some other other famous or rich person) and a shady looking group of people in a van pulled up next to you, asking you if you're the son of that Congressman. Are you obligated to tell those people who you are?

Another example, this time a little more blatant. Let's say that a man pulls a gun on you and says "give me all your money." You happen to be carrying two wallets. In your first wallet is your driver's license, credit cards and some cash. In the second wallet, which is carried inside your underwear, is the deed to your house, for some reason. You give the man your main wallet and he asks "Do you have any other wallets?" Are you obligated to tell him about your other wallet?

Third example is the Fifth Amendment of the Constitution: "No person...shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself." People are protected in court against losing their rights by being compelled to tell the truth. Since there is no immediate threat on your rights (there is due process) in court, this doesn't go so far as to mention the right to lie, but it's very close to the same thing.

1/2
>>
>>34264910
2/2

The point I'm getting at is that there is such a thing as a right to preserve one's rights against unjust infringement by giving false information. It may not be formally recognized in all laws yet, or clearly defined in legal language in any one place, but it is there in some form.

Clearly there is a conflict of two rights that appears to happen in the example of accessing private property while carrying a gun when the property owner doesn't want guns on his property. The key distinction is that the property owner's right to "deny people with guns from his property" comes from his right to deny other people from ENTRY to his property - not to deny other people of their rights to carry guns while on his property. He can only ask people to leave his property, not ask people already on his property from carrying. Now this distinction IS enshrined in legal language. In every state that has provisions in carry law for property owners to deny carry on their property, they MUST ask the party carrying a gun to leave first.

As for,
>If you dont like it, youre free to stay off their property.
An employment contract is one thing, but the conversation has moved to any private property, indicating a store or other establishment. The property owner must inform people very clearly and obviously in order for it to be considered trespassing to enter the property with a concealed weapon, and even in those cases, all it is is trespassing. You're not violating some sort of "sovereign decree" against carrying guns. Property owners do not have the right or authority to deny other people of their right to carry, only to ask trespassers to leave their property.

Even with employment contracts, terminating you from your job for violating a contract is not the same as terminating you from your job for carrying a gun, and based on the arguments I presented, I think that it's only a matter of time before no carry clauses of employment contracts are expressly made illegal.
>>
>>34263253
>Dress code is khakis and a specific color of shirt, I work out on the sales floor directly with customers and I'd like to be able to carry.

look peasant you are a poofag and work at best buy or walmart

just accept that and don't carry wage slave
>>
>>34263328
No
>>
>>34263253
Keep a full size or your off-work carry in your car anyway. As an extension of your home, you have the right to have it there. It's not like they are going to search your car without due cause.
>>
>>34264949
>>Unless they post a sign saying no weapons allowed on the front door, you are expressly able to carry on that property.
>False

honestly curious here: wouldn't the property owner (or representative of the company) be able to just kick you out? Does someone saying 'no guns allowed' make it illegal automatically?
>>
>>34265882
Many people would interpret a clear "no guns" sign at the front door as informing you not to enter the premises if you are carrying a gun, so doing so in spite of instruction not to means you're trespassing. The distinction is that you're not allowed to be there because the owner doesn't want YOU there. Not because carrying a gun is illegal there. It's generally treated as a civil offense if you don't leave when asked directly by the owner.

Post offices and other federal buildings are different because carrying actually is illegal there, as per federal code, although it really shouldn't be.
>>
>>34263436
>Company property
Your vehicle is company property? OP leave it in your fucking glove box and stop being a faggot.
>>
File: 874482.png (848KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
874482.png
848KB, 800x600px
>>34263253

The ankle holster will be notice the second you sit down. It is also the most useless of all the carry options. are you going to ask the black guy robbing you to wait while you get on one knee to fix your shoe? do you think the grocery store robber will not see you getting on your knee and raising your pants to reach for something.

placing your gun on literally the furthest spot away from your hand grantees you will not be able to use it in a real situation. you are better of carrying it in front of your genitals. at least this way it will make your package look bigger.
>>
>>34266297
The parking lot is, and he said multiple times that he wants to have it ON THE FLOOR WHILE WORKING
>>
Why do you amerishit fags need guns even in fucking supermarkets
>>
>>34267414
in case someone tries to kill me while I'm picking up a roast I can roast them?
>>
File: nigs.gif (2MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
nigs.gif
2MB, 500x282px
>>34267414
Because niggers.
>>
>>34267166
>The parking lot is,
They can't prohibit it in your car, it is afforded some protections of a domicile, from the wheels up it is your personal property and no amount of bullshitting in a contract or company code can violate your personal property rights protections.
Now If only fags in the courts could unfuck the employers right to consign you to death.
>>
>>34263253
I was debating between these two carry methods about two years ago when being armed became a principle for me rather than just a thing I did when I was "allowed" to. My dress code is the same as yours at the retail store I work at. In the end I decided to do both pocket and ankle carry (S&W 340 in an Alabama Holster pocket holster and Glock 26 in a Galco ankle glove.) I see a lot of merit in doing both if you can't carry iwb. The pocket gun is easier to get to standing up, but I've found that the ankle gun is actually easier to get to from some positions on the ground and I can carry a higher capacity, more shootable gun on my ankle. If I had to choose one method I would probably go pocket, but it would be a tough choice. Just choose your pants accordingly for either. I've never once been scared that either of my gun's would be seen by a coworker since I started carrying at work

If you do decide to ankle carry I recommend buying a holster for whatever your dominant hand is, which is meant to be worn on the inside of your non-dominant leg, but wearing it on the inside of your dominant leg with the grip facing forward at about 1:00-2:00. It's much more natural to draw from that position than traditional ankle carry IMO, and it's much much easier to draw from that position one-handed
>>
As someone in a similar situation to the OP, I ended up using a 5.11 shirt.

Draw is slow but it is great deep concealment and infinity more accessible and well retained than a ankle holster.
>>
Get a seecamp and pocket carry or get a really small 380 and a holster
>>
>>34267435
The only roasts this Eurofag knows are his culturally enriched wife and daughter.
>>
>>34263253
I would suggest pocket carry. Ankle carry is really obnoxious.
>>
Why would you work somewhere that you don't feel safe?
>>
>>34267578
It's basically an undershirt, right? So you've got to change it out every day?
>>
>>34264820
Weird, I actually have one of his vids running in another tab right now. Interesting guy.
>>
>>34268340
Ditto. He has an approach to guns that is in a lot of ways kind of stuck in the early 90s, but this is the first caliber comparison I've seen on youtube where any kind of effort went into relating the results to the real world: https://youtu.be/LTTDgZZZFa0?t=12m54s

9mm BTFO
ballistic gelatin BTFO
FBI BTFO
>>
>>34267414
https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/weis-supermarket-shooting-gunman-posted-video-describing-plan/
>>
>>34263305
/thread
>>
Just walk in with it.
If no one else there has guns whose gonna stop you?
>>
>>34263336
>hardline sales
just like janitors are technicians and specialists right
>major department store
either not major or is walmart
>commission
so best buy?

you might want to get an adult job and be an adult before you try to do adult things
>>
>>34263280
Where do you work that is worth risking your life just to keep your job?
>>
>>34263328
Emt here.

I work in the middle of crack/hooker town. Not allowed to carry via policy. I carry anyways after some psycho started biting my side-view mirror, took a swing at my partner, then ran to a group of people telling them we were trying to kill them.

Lcp, pocket holster goes great with 5.11 pants. So many pockets.
>>
>>34263253
Pocket carry is generally more comfortable and SIGNIFICANTLY faster to draw.

Most subcompact pistols can be pocket carried comfortably and discretely in any number of holsters, with one of the best ones (Desantis Nemesis) running around $35.
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.