[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking into getting my first single action revolver for plinking/general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 70166.jpg (195KB, 1000x569px) Image search: [Google]
70166.jpg
195KB, 1000x569px
Looking into getting my first single action revolver for plinking/general shooting, narrowed it down between a Blackhawk in .357/9mm or one of their Single Tens.
.22 is obviously a great plinking choice and has advantage of ammo price, but I can't help but think I might get bored and prefer being able to switch it up and shoot 9mm or .38 as well as .357 if I want something with a bit of kick.
Thoughts, any of you shot either of these?
>>
>>34256850
>>34223959
>>
>>34256850
Sorry to tell you this, but which ever one you get, you'll get hooked and buy the other one shortly after. Not to mention you'll also get a 44 mag after that.
Those things are a drug.
(Still missing my 45Colt/45ACP convertible all cool ones are elusive unicorns in Leafland)
>>
>>34256850
The convertible is a pretty good choice, I recommend it.

Know that the bore is slightly tighter for the 9mm Luger bullets, so if you're gonna do some adventurous handloading or shoot some particularly hot .357 Magnum, you need to account for the fact that pressure can get a lot higher than usual.
>>
>>34257920
Meaning?
>>
>>34256850
.357 is a solid choice
it doesn't recoil that bad and of course .38spcl is even softer
fun as hell to shoot
>>
>I want something with a bit of kick.

Get the one chambered in .357 Magnum. This way you can also shoot .38 special in +P
>>
>>34258126
So the 357/9mm convertible can also shoot .38 special?
>>
>>34258158
anything that shoots .357 can shoot .38spcl
>>
>>34258090
it will wear hard on it if you load hot 9mm.

i recommend the blackhawk as well. i had fun shooting the single ten but reloading was kind of a pain. the cartridges are small for my fingers, and the fact it holds 10 means that you only have to rotate the cylinder a few degrees-- since it doesn't spin backwards, if you fuck up and overspin it, you have to go all the way around again. of course this applies to the blackhawk too but the holes are going to be twice the diameter
>>
>>34258356
>it will wear hard on it if you load hot 9mm.
Not even, it's that you'll get more pressure (so velocity) from firing .357
>>
File: stampede.png (73KB, 488x217px) Image search: [Google]
stampede.png
73KB, 488x217px
>>34257920
>>34256850
>>34258179

Hey OP, I bought this fucker and absolutely love it. There is nothing like shooting .357 at dawn.

>Beretta Stampede
It was my first gun, and a great choice.
>>
>>34257514
I'm already in love with the aesthetic, so I'm resigned to this.
>>34257920
>>34258356
>>34260891
Thanks guys, decided to go with my gut instinct and your advice and order me a Blackhawk for now.
>>
>>34256850
Own a 6.5 inch convertible BH and love it. Grew up shooting a single 6. Both are fantastic but given how cheap 9mm is these days I'd go BH.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.