[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDOT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 43

File: QTDDTOT.png.png (4MB, 1690x1268px) Image search: [Google]
QTDDTOT.png.png
4MB, 1690x1268px
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread thread.
>>
Was grapeshot lightly welded together, and broke apart on firing, or am I missing something?
From all the images I can find of grapeshot it looks to be the case, but I can't imagine them being able to do so without weldrod.

Help me understand please.
>>
>another thread full of interesting questions that should have had their own thread to push out the shitposters
>>
>>34254654
Interesting questions threads are best when they are started and populated by people who are knowledgeable at the topic at hand.
You're asking for shitposts to be replaced by topic specific shitposts.
>>
Who makes the best 8mm Mauser reloading dies for the money?
>>
File: 003.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I bought a gas mask today, can anyone tell me what this chapstick looking thing is?
>>
File: SW.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
SW.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
Could a slightly revolver ignorant guy get some help identifying this revolver?

>.38 special
>S&W
>pinned barrel
>United States Property marked
>tried looking up serial, didn't find anything
I just need to order some parts for it. Almost all the parts, including the grip panels are in a ziplock bag.

Will take more pictures as needed, of course.
>>
>>34254505
To my knowledge, grapeshot is just shot packed in to a canister, and it disperses after being fired, like a fuck-off-big shotgun shell.
Of course, I can be mistaken, but this is based on what I've seen personally.
>>34254693
As a big reloader, I need to advise you that you're asking a pretty broad question.
>for the money
How much do you want to spend? For my rifles, I use Redding dies, but I'm a sucker for precision. You pay out the ass, but they will be passed down to your great-grandkids.

Lee is okay for the price, but you get what you pay for. RCBS and Lyman are middle of the road. Forster and Wilson if you want to cream yourself when you shoot groups, but don't mind spending a lot.

I'm >>34254802 by the way. Sharing is caring, see too many threads with unanswered questions.
>>
>>34254802
FUCK YOU NIGGER
I'm jelly as fuck, but it seem like you have a pre model 10 snub nose right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g8g9RGusIg
I would kill myself to get one of those

>United States Property marked
might be an ex pilot sidearm
>>
>>34254897
Oh, shit, really?

TL;DR story
>mom passed of cancer a month ago, was living with her and taking care of her
>move in with dad's mom, my grandmother, because she's the closest family nearby to my job while I save up my shekels after getting buttfucked by pretty much everything
>found revolver in a drawer of my dad's old stuff
>said I can have it, he never wanted to fix it up because he said it might be a murder weapon

Like I give a fuck, I just want a range toy. I wouldn't carry this thing, since my dad gave it to me. The CZ in my picture is my carry, anyway.
>>
>>34254945
it seems like someone grinded away the cylinder rod stop, right below the barrel
I don't know if the S&W even works without that small peice of metal there
>>
Is a mid length gas system really that big a deal on a basic AR?
I understand they make for softer shooting, easier cleaning, and less wear over time, but is it so noticable that I should go out of my way to look for one as my first AR?
>>
I know people have asked how many magazines are enough, and the answer is always 'all of them', but seriously, i have like 40 mags loaded to go, when do I stop /k/?
>>
>>34254971
Looking at the barrel, the caliber stamp is half-gone.

To me it looks like someone cut down the barrel then fitted a new sight to it. The crane and cylinder assembly still has the ejector rod, and it locks in to place just fine dry-fitting it.
>>
>>34254978
Not that big of a deal, its only really when you get down to pistol length tubes that stuff sucks.

>>34254979
When you have more than you can carry at once.
>>
>>34254979
You need at least 7+n per person.
20 is probably more than enough for a single person for a single magazine type.
>>
File: SW2.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
SW2.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>34254985
Pic related, by the way. Emptied the bag of parts on to the ol' healing bench.

Does it look like I'm missing anything, just at a glance? Was going to order any parts I need from Numrich, probably.
>>
Good shooting gloves that aren't overpriced Mechanix memery?
>>
File: Bionic_Stable_Grip_mens.jpg (23KB, 437x313px) Image search: [Google]
Bionic_Stable_Grip_mens.jpg
23KB, 437x313px
>>34255050
Seriously golf gloves. Leather, good grip, people dont think you're an autist... Most if not all of them are designed with grip in mind.
>>
File: 2hzh02b.jpg (249KB, 1599x1066px) Image search: [Google]
2hzh02b.jpg
249KB, 1599x1066px
>>34255050
Same anon that already replied, I've been using the same pair of JT paintball gloves for almost 12 years now target shooting. obviously washing them and repairing them, eventually i just let them get fingerless as the years wore them down. People think they're custom but they're just old as fuck.

Pants related, a lot of people underestimate airsoft gear but honestly paintball shit is meant to just be fucked up and take it. Jt pants along with a lot of other paintball brand kneepads/elbowpads are the difference between jumping into cover and returning fire
or jumping into fire and worrying about how you just fucked your load bearing arm up.
>>
>>34254802
http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/guide-sw-38-357-revolvers/

Judging by the completely round front sight and the serial, a really old model 37. It's probably a M&P and the half-moon front sights were phased out by 1957. The 36 was steel framed and the 37 was aluminum. They were the "Chief's Special" police revolvers and entered production in 1950, so it's a really narrow time frame. There are SW revolver experts that can probably tell you exactly what it is on a appraisal or Smith forum.
>>
>>34254709
Does it open? I'm thinking some kind of wax you put on your face to create a nice seal against the skin
>>
File: KIMG0167.jpg (1MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0167.jpg
1MB, 4160x2340px
Did I fuck up /k/ ? How bad?

I just bought pic related for $300. Remshit 7400 in .30-06. Nice scope came with it, Weaver V9-II W.

I'm a poorfag so this is my only precision type rifle and It'll be my only one for a while. I want it for hunting, and to practice for designated-marksman type usage while plinking (I'll get 10 round mags).

I still can't decide if it was an amazing purchase or a colossal fuckup.
>>
>>34254709
>>34255623
I think its actually for the lens, rub the wax in with a cloth and it doesn't fog yup from your breath.
>>
>>34255678
I've got basically the same setup except a pump, great gun and accurate. Almost identical looking to yours.
>>
>>34255823
Nice. Do you have the rust issues everyone says Remington is prone to?
>>
File: file.png (318KB, 646x313px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
318KB, 646x313px
Can I just buy this and slap on a barrel? I want a m203 but dont want deal with mounting it on a barrel.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/639747131
>>
How do I find a place on public land that I can shoot on?
>>
File: Remington-Model-700-rifle.jpg (121KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
Remington-Model-700-rifle.jpg
121KB, 1000x665px
Model 700 bolt keeps sticking. Neither my handloads or factory ammo will extract once fired. The rifle has seen at least 500 rounds before but I haven't fired it in over a year. Why would it start doing this now /k/? The bolt lifts normally but needs significant assistance (a brutal beating) to pull back.
>>
File: 1496967898888.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496967898888.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Best 9mm carry ammo for my CZ P-01? I'm looking at getting Federal HST since that's what I carry in my .45's, should I go 124gr or 147gr?
>>
>>34256000
I did get some rust due to stupidity of storing it in a foam case, but it happened when I was a kid, so I can't speak for anything recent.
That was like 15 years ago or more.
>>
>>34254979
You could have one mag and be fine, I can promise you will be shot and die long before you get a chance to use 40 fucking mags unless you just really hate loading mags at the range it really is just a waste of money at that point
>>
>>34255678
Your bigest issue is going to come from the action cycling. As long as it feeds and ejects reliably it wasn't a fuck up. you might have to try a few kinds of ammo to find what works well
>>
Is there a word, or some kind of terminology for bolt carriers that are exposed, like the SKS's?

My temptation is to call it an "open-bolt" but I know what an open-bolt actually is.

And stupid side question: would you say that the SKS has an internal magazine?
>>
>>34257327
I would just call it an exposed carrier or guns with an exposed carrier.
I'm not aware of any gun with an exposed bolt.

>would you say that the SKS has an internal magazine?
I would say it had an 'integral magazine', the same way I would describe an smle. Close enough to be true.
>>
>>34256058
Literally google: public ranges. If it's public land, then there's a decent chance that there's a place designated for shooting. But know this: they don't like it when you go shooting outside of that area.

If you don't have public ranges near you, or you're not wanting to go to a range, you can call whatever department of the state/county that manages the land, probably the BLM, and ask "what are your rules surrounding sport shooting and firearm usage on [land you are interested in]? Are there areas where shooting is allowed or prohibited?" No one's gonna give a shit that you ask.

I've been to public land with a range and marshals and constant supervision, and also to places where you once you reach a dead end in the road, you can start shooting whatever direction you damn well please. It just depends on the land
>>
>>34257466
Appreciate the answer
>>
How do I tell the different variants of HK P30s apart?

I've got one being held for me at my LPS around $900 OTD which is a fair price on the more expensive models but the cheaper models that look almost identical are going for $600 online
>>
Is this a good deal on a PTR91? If not, where else should I look?
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ptr-gi-r-308-rifle-paddle-mag-release-detail.html?Itemid=0
>>
which would do more damage point blank to a forehead? 00 buckshot or slugs?

would a double barrel fired at once with to slugs be more deadly than two 00 buck shells at once point blank?

what would that even look like, two barrels fired point blank at a head? would anything be left? would it explode like a wtaermelon?
>>
>>34254492
Can I pull the hammer back on a revolver far enough to not cock it, but to fire a round when released? It feels like a fudd question, but I don't own a revolver.
>>
Super Vepr or regular Vepr with SVD furniture?
>>
>>34257985
on an accurate colt SAA replica without a modern transfer bar safety it's possible since the firing pin is literally on the hammer.
>>
>>34257985
For most revolvers, that would not be the case, especially modern revolvers. Mainly because of what >>34258014 said
>>
>>34257685
After some googling I found out it's most likely a P30S V3

Is that gonna be worth the $850 sticker and $50 tax?
>>
Why is /k/ the letter K? Why not a different callsign that more accurately reflects that this is a weapons board?
>>
>>34258036
i mean that's pretty much typical retail price so you're paying a bit to not wait on the inconvenience of shipping from a third party to your LGS
>>
What would be closer to a Vityaz or Bizon minus the helical mag, an AKX-9 from Atlantic or the new KR-9 from Kalashnikov USA?

Has there even been any news on the KR-9 like price point?
>>
>>34258041
Possibly because the letter k looks like a gun? I'm not exactly sure but that seems like the most likely.
>>
>>34258077
thanks buddy I'll probably put it on layaway tomorrow then

I'll see if I can get them to throw anything into the deal, they're usually pretty cool about it
>>
>>34258086
That's what I always thought too
>>
>>34256112
Both are good and will perform well.

Personally I'd recommend the 147gr as it expands a little more, is subsonic, and my own personal preference is to use heavy for caliber rounds. According to those in the know they tend to perform a little better on the average.
>>
File: 1470453163483.jpg (19KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
1470453163483.jpg
19KB, 250x248px
>>34258041
>KILL
>>
>>34258041
4chan history. /k/ started when all the boards were called by a single letter, and /w/ was already taken by anime wallpapers. It wasn't a big deal if a board didn't have a letter that logically corresponded with it. The reason so many boards have 2-3 letters that make sense to the board was done out of necessity more than anything, because of how many topics there are. The entire alphabet is used, with the exception of /j/, /l/, /q/, and /z/, which all have a history.
>>
>>34257821
>more damage
00 buck between those two. #1 or #4 buck would probably do more damage than that thought. Personally id go with #1 because skulls are full of bones and it'll be less likely to deflect.

>same question but DOUBLES
Two barrels of buck.

> what happens

Judging by pictures of shotgun suicides theyd kinda still have the area of face away from the impact but the immediate impact area would be blown open/apart, the skull would pop open due to the shots passage and the exit wound wound pretty much be the entirety of the back of the skull in line with the entry wound. They'd pretty much look like their head got exploded by a little shaped charge.
>>
>>34254492
Savage 93r17 FV
or
Marlin XT 17 VR
>>
File: hmmvdoorless.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hmmvdoorless.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>34254492
Why are doorless humvees a thing? Seen in shows like sandcastle and generation kill
>>
>>34258258
They aren't except for privately owned and movies/games.
>>
Is this the right board to talk about binoculars? If not, then what? /p/, /g/, /out/?
>>
>>34257821
I've gotta ask. Why?

Are you planning the most foolproof and messy suicide ever, or do you have a hell of a morbid curiosity streak?
>>
>>34258496
does it matter
>>
>>34254492
I am not American. Can I still be here?
>>
>>34258550
get out
>>
>>34258258
Humvee was originally designed to be a utility truck for rear echelons, not a combat patrol vehicle. Think of it as your typical SUV but with better off-road capability.

No doors and a soft top = less weight and easier dismount.
>>
>>34258211

Savage. Marlin QC is complete garbage these days.
>>
>>34258546
Kind of. Don't contribute to gun death statistics mang. If you want a fool proof suicide jump off a bridge with a noose of piano wire with 20 feet of slack.
>>
>>34258635
Ooh, creative.
>>
>>34258635
yeah whatever be edgy all you wnat i just wanna know how powerful this shit is without firing it first

the only time ive shot a shotgun shell was witha nail as a kid and felt like i was deaf so i dont care for shooting just owning them
>>
>>34258690
>i dont care for shooting just owning them
wrong
no
wrong

buy earpro and shoot, shoot, shoot

you want at least 200rds downrange before you trust your life with something
>>
>>34258690
Shooting it IS the best way to tell how powerful it is
>>
>>34258690
You know what? I changed my mind. Kill your inbred self any way you please before you shit up this board any more or, god forbid, somehow manage to reproduce.
>>
File: alexander-arms-50-beowulf-b.jpg (198KB, 425x248px) Image search: [Google]
alexander-arms-50-beowulf-b.jpg
198KB, 425x248px
I'm toying with a post apoc setting where there are a lot of big enemies with lots of meat and mass on them, some enemies with significant body armor, and just plain being outnumbered.

What would be the logistical and tactical drawbacks of arming and training soldiers with .50 Beowulf AR15's as a standard rifle, instead of the standard 5.56×45mm.

Also

What are the drawbacks of giving people belt fed AR15's in the standard 5.56x45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W4WT0zFV2Q

Ammunition isn't scarce and is cheap. I'm mostly wondering about how practical it would be for the actual person using them.
>>
>>34258730
>>34258726

yep knew this was coming

"oh you pussy you dont want to shoot it lolol"

hell what kind of fucktard can miss someone i theyre in your house? at that point i wouldnt care about how loud it is and i know how loud it is and how strong it is but just wanted to know how much it destroys
>>
>>34258757
why am i inbred and why should i kill myself

lay it on me
>>
>>34258770
I'm not calling you a pussy I'm calling you a retard.

>I want to buy a car but only have it for emergencies like when I need to drive to the hospital
>No I don't want to learn how to drive it I just want to have it because it makes me feel safe
this is literally you
>>
>>34257985
My buddy almost shot his foot with my revolver doing this, he didn't fully cock the hammer and it absolutely fired the round
>>
>>34258761
Belt Fed Ar15
https://youtu.be/tKmlpepgWzs?t=29

50 Beowulf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUhU-ypDyus
>>
>>34258770
>projecting your insecurities this hard

>>34258795
goddamn it I was going to write about driving for the first time to the hospital
>>
>>34258761
>>34258812

Also are there better ways to give the average soldier more OOMPH in their guns, and the ability to fire off more rounds against hordes of things?
>>
>>34258795
okay now, settle down there

just because i dont care about practicing doesnt mean i dont know how to use it or how much it kicks trust me i know, i think i ripped an eardrum that time with the nail, but if someone was outside my house or even inside buckshot would be easy to aim
>>
>>34254709
a buttplug for when you start shitting yourself because the nerve agent got around your millenial facial hair.
>>
>>34255031
>ol' healing bench
just refrain from using your thumb detecting nut fucker, and remember to wing it and go slowly.
>>
>>34258812
>STOP OR I'LL SHOOT
>BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
kek
>if I'm ever cornered and I have to defend myself
>hypothetical self defense scenario: you're coming at me in a dark alleyway, you've got some sort of weapon, you're enraged eating gallons of ice cream stuffing rocks in yourself but I don't have time to bed you, I don't have time to fuck you calm
>TATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT i didn't want it to be like this TATATATATATATATATATATAT
>if I had to defend myself outside your apartment; i'm watching you through your window, and I have to shoot through a crowd of people to defend myself
>TATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT
>i'm not gonna be happy about the situation, but I will be happy that I've defended myself
>>
>>34258761
>What would be the logistical and tactical drawbacks of arming and training soldiers with .50 Beowulf AR15's as a standard rifle, instead of the standard 5.56×45mm.
Weight of the bullet for one. Why take the extra time to train people to be proficient with a more powerful round, and then have them carry less ammo? Unless your targets can only be taken down by such a large round, why use a heavier bullet than you have to?

>belt fed
Heavier when in your hands. Negligible when carrying them around in a pack. Slightly longer to reload. You don't need a belt fed gun unless you're wanting to put a lot of rounds down range to suppress, and if that's the role you want, then you might as well just get an open bolt LMG instead of an AR.

I'm not saying that the AR in 5.56 is the best decision, and you can't think of any better loadout for a soldier, because I'm sure you can, but there are reasons for why a soldier's loadout is what it is.
>>
>>34258837
You're not considering that it's 3am and you've just woken up from a warm dream to a broken window and you forgot you had the safety on and you forgot you didn't have a round in the chamber and you can't see anything and the other guy also has a gun and is firing back at you and you've never even reloaded under optimal conditions before but now you're forced to in the most stressful situation imaginable
>>
>>34258784
>shoot it point blank to the forehead
>shot a shotgun shell witha nail as a kid
>just wanna know how much it destroys
>just because I dont care about practicing
>...
>...
>why am I inbred

I'm just gonna let your own words speak for themselves.

...It's because your father and mother were siblings who loved each other a little too much, anon.
>>
>>34258931
>Unless your targets can only be taken down by such a large round
Yes, the type of enemies they face aren't human and take a lot more to go down. Some of them also have armor. Normal 5.56 AP rounds aren't cutting it even when they do penetrate so stopping power is needed.

So my idea is "maybe get them a bigger bullet" but if there are better ways to approach this then by all means I'd like to know.

>and if that's the role you want, then you might as well just get an open bolt LMG instead of an AR
Can I get some examples?

Yes, what's also needed is more bullets down range by the average soldier. Preferably an LMG that isn't too cumbersome to also be used indoors and trenches (that was why I wanted to go with the belt fed AR because of the shorter barrel length)

Thanks anon!
>>
>>34258941
good point but still it has no safety just two triggers and its loaded and beside my bed along with a 38 and a rape whistle and some tannerite

honestly of course it would suck and be confusing but i could do something
>>
>>34258969
fair enough

also nice 69, bizitch
>>
>>34258996
just take an hour and $30 to practice operating the weapon before you trust your life to it
>>
Are 3-gun competitions fun?
Are heavy metal 3-gun competitions fun?
>>
>>34259014
thanks
>>
Can I construct an SBR and give it away to a friend, if the rifle is already stamped? I have a friend that's smaller in stature and i'm thinking of building them an SBR.
>>
>>34259061
>Can I construct an SBR and give it away to a friend, if the rifle is already stamped?
You would have to transfer it like any other NFA item, easier to gift them a pistol and have them stamp it
>>
>>34257466
Would one consider winchester lever guns to be "exposed bolt"?
>>
>>34259070
Thanks m8.
>>
What kind of rifles did the Republic of China use in world war II?

Also if anyone has a link to a gallery of good photos from world war II between China and Japan ill love you long time
>>
File: z5rs.jpg (128KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
z5rs.jpg
128KB, 1024x576px
How much better are stocks than modern braces, like the SB Tactical folder?
I've never used a braced "pistol" before, is the difference big enough to warrant recommending I file that Form 1 and get a real stock, or is the brace enough?
>>
>>34259294

Got a zenith z5-rs recently, with the sb5 brace. It braces very well against the shoulder and is a lot more solid and less floppy than I thought it would be.
>>
>>34259091
depends on the design.
Only one off the top of my head that I would call that is the 73, but that's because all the other's that I can think of are more of blocks than carriers.
>>
>>34257714
Its not a bad deal at all.
Also check out CDNN sometimes they run good as promos on PTR's.
>>
>>34254492
hypothetically, if i wanted to stockpile a bunch of AR15 lowers just in case we ever return to the dark days, should I just get some cheap shit like Anderson/polymer shit etc and count on price gouging stupid panic buyers, or should I pay a little more for decent tier?
>>
>>34258258
less weight for better manueverability and fuel economy during the initial invasions before ieds were a thing
>>
>>34256060
If you shoot steel case there's possibly a lacquer buildup in the chamber.
>>
>>34254492
Any decent m16a1 barrels for retro build? I hear GMB makes great ones but the reviews say something about the gas pins needing some work. Anyone have an idea if its good?
>>
>>34254505
Read a book once that talked about how pirates would take smaller caliber shot and just stuff it down the barrel of the larger canons in the wool bags they were transported in. Grape shot never seems to be joined by anything more than paper or a bag.
>>
What are the legalities of buying a single shot cap and ball black powder pistol when someone is 18, do they need to wait till they are 21?
>>
Can someone post those caps of the /mu/ guy getting guns from his dad?
>>
>>34260253

>>34233558
>>34233563
>>34233572
>>
>>34258830
Unless you want to incorporate power armor, mechanical or electrical recoil dampening tech, or other wizardry, your volume and intensity of fire will be limited by physics. More oomph=more weight or complexity to country it.

Now, if you're in a postapocalyptic setting I'd recommend giving your characters steroids or some other means towards increased muscle mass. That way they could shoulder a GPMG or something like it and handle the recoil of putting large rounds down-range fast.
>>
I'm looking into getting a gas mask, particularly a GP-7V. I'm concerned about comfortably wearing it since I have fairly long and thick hair, and the harness is rubber. Is there some sort of way (besides shaving my head) to comfortably wear it, or should I go for a different mask?
>>
>>34260285
Thank you friendo
>>
>>34258991
>portable MGs

You want the Mk48, M240L, and RPK if you're into slavshit.
>>
So I purchased a rear sight for a Yugo m24/47 and it did not have the screws for mounting it included.

Does anyone know a sight that stocks them or even what they're supposed to be called I haven't had much luck so far.
>>
>>34254492
If cost was no option, what materials would make a good bullet? Gold? Silver? Platinum? Something else?
>>
>>34260370
> If cost was no option
> option
AAAAAAARGH
>>
>>34260384
Sorry. If cost was no object.
>>
>>34260370
My initial thought would be depleted uranium or tungsten. I'm sure some autist will correct me.
>>
somebody post that time when anon ate a DU bullet
>>
>>34260486
>tungsten
i feel like this might be too brittle
>>
>>34260300
Those long barrels though.
>>
>>34254492

Would you fuck a Lopunny?
>>
>>34254492
Ignoring the price point arguments, is there any reason I shouldn't get a HK P30 V3 as my first pistol? Guy at the local store recommended a Springfield XD or a CZ when I said it was my first pistol, then laughed when I said I had my eyes on a P30. I really liked the swappable grip and the ambidextrous features.
>>
>>34260486
Actually, tungsten is a preferred lead alternative, its only prohibitive factor is the cost cause china has all that shit
>>
>>34260546
I was just up in the thread asking about the price point of various P30 models, but if the money isn't going to be an issue then I definitely recommend getting one.

You've held it right? If it feels good in your hands and the sticker doesn't scare you then by all means go for it and you'll never "need" another 9mm. The way I see a HK P30 is pretty much the Mercedes Benz to a Glock 19's Audi, if you have the money and want the luxury then spring for the nicer gun.

I don't like striker fired pistols, so I was specifically looking for something in 9mm with a hammer and the P30 is a damn nice gun, the V3 is a solid model and it doesn't have the "law enforcement" trigger that I despise about glocks where each trigger pull will be the same weight every time, I much prefer a double/single action
>>
>>34259381
How do you like your Z5RS? I've been looking for an MP5 clone, and I've been hearing mixed things.
Politics aside, I've heard some people say that Zenith/MKE's are just alright, but the only other clones I see in that price range are Omega and maybe Brethren.
>>
I recently got a new PTR. The first trip to the range I fired a few boxes of Hirtenberger and had no problems, went back home and cleaned/lubed the gun, broke down the bolt and lubed it too.

I went out today and ran a couple hundred rounds of Tula through it, but the first ~6 rounds had FTE. After those I had no FTE issues for the rest of the day.

So was the FTE caused by initial break-in? Excess lubricant in the chamber/bolt? Chamber too sticky and flutes not blowing out cases properly? Or just the gun getting used to blowing out steel cases?
>>
>>34258646
edgy faggot just do it
>>
File: p38.jpg (107KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
p38.jpg
107KB, 600x450px
Does anybody know what style of targets the germans used in ww2 for their training? All I can find online is a book with three pictures of deer, stuff about jews, and strategic bombing targets. I asked last time but I have no shame and am getting more curious.
>>
>>34261357
Tula is shit ammo, Hirtenberger is not.
>>
>>34261399
>Does anybody know what style of targets the germans used in ww2 for their training?

Jews!
>>
>>34260370
>>34260486
>>34260518
>>34260555

Gold is actually fairly good as a lead replacement. Probably better than tungsten, since tungsten is way too hard. Gold has a nice blend of density and softness like lead does. Tungsten won't deform as much on impact, a tungsten projectile will generally keep its shape.
>>
>>34254505
Mayne because it's lead? Lead has varying degrees of softness maybe they did kinda weld themselves together (like white lead would do) after the shot has been crammed together
>>
>>34255087
These would be cool for driving too. I have a track car I own with my brother. And when I'm not driving on track day I like to get sporty with my integra. These would be good gloves just for that.
>>
I'm looking for a levergun that feeds through a detachable magazine. I know it isn't the BLR of Savage 99. Any others I'm missing?
>>
Should i buy used old .22lr rifle? there's a lot of them around 100-300€, Toz, Sako, Norinco, Valmet, Savage, Remington and some different german made. Can these rifles still shoot under 1" at 50yrds?
>>
>>34256020
It's a destructive device pay your $200 toll to avoid harm to your puppers
>>
File: hk_416.jpg (28KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
hk_416.jpg
28KB, 600x300px
>>34258041
The letter 'k' kinda looks like an assault rifle.
>>
>>34254492

I'm lazy and don't feel like building an AR. M&P sport II or AR556?
>>
>>34263489
Dude, just build one it's beyond fucking easy.
>>
File: swedishk_1_450.jpg (120KB, 450x331px) Image search: [Google]
swedishk_1_450.jpg
120KB, 450x331px
Im sitting on 10 magazines for the Swedish-K m45. There isnt really a market for it in Sweden, and they wont do any good here. Is it possible to send them to USA? Is it illegal? They are 36 rounds 9mm. Anyone interested in them?
>>
File: p238-mustang04.jpg (90KB, 700x544px) Image search: [Google]
p238-mustang04.jpg
90KB, 700x544px
>>34254492
Getting a p238 today. How safe is it to carry cocked and locked? Also, what's some good non FMJ carry ammo
>>
>>34263489
Adding armalite eagle-15/m15 to this list for curiosity.
They're pretty cheap, and an OG brand. Are they trash or do they hold up to the name well?
>>
I need a good concealed carry, what should I get?
>>
>>34263870
Have an spr mod 1 from them. Got it on sale special without the rail. Never had an issue with any ammo and its more accurate than I am. Always hear the bcg isn't the best and to replace with bcm, but. Ive never had an issue.
>>
>>34263984
A gun
>>
>>34257821
Ever see scanners?

That scene was done with a shotgun.
>>
>>34254492
why do .410 shells cost more than 12 gauge shells?
>>
>>34263984
M&p shield, glock 42/43, ruger lcp, lcr, lc 9, obrez, a fucking zip gun, your choices are endless. Personally I like to carry a snubbie cuz muh nostalgia.
>>
>>34259487
correct, HMMVWs were still canvas through the first phases of the invasion. The ubiquitous uparmored we're used to seeing was only produced after multiple improvised iterations, each providing a greater level of armor than the last.
>>
File: humvee.jpg (220KB, 960x515px) Image search: [Google]
humvee.jpg
220KB, 960x515px
>>34258258
The softskin doors break easily, especially the shitty plastic latches. Since they offer essentially no protection, and are prone to being a pain to open some people ditched them. No point in a door that offers no protection and is a pain to open when under fire.

The hard, non-armored doors worked a bit better, but still offered no combat protection.

It takes almost no effort to remove the doors, they just slide right out of the hinges if you pull up on them.

>>34258305
They totally were a thing. Back before we had any kind of armor on Humvees, there wasn't much of a point to the doors.

When armored Humvees came around people stopped rolling doorless because:
A) The doors did offer some measure of protection even if it was kinda shitty
B) The armored doors were fucked bolted to the Humvee, so you couldn't just toss them off on the fly like the softskins.
>>
>>34264167
Sheer volume, and economies of scale. The VAST majority of shotgun rounds fired are 12 gauge. They make so many at a time that they're able to optimize their processes at all levels to minimize waste and reduce costs. Buying in bulk is cheaper at all levels; if they're buying 20 million 12 ga shot cups, they'll get them cheaper per component than 500k .410 cups.
>>
File: humvee_2003.jpg (103KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
humvee_2003.jpg
103KB, 1024x768px
>>34264414
*Forgot to mention one more reason a doorless humvee might be used- not having a door frees you up to bolt on an extra pintle mount for the TC to have a machinegun.

If you can't have armor, you can at least have extra firepower.
>>
>>34263770
I'm partial to GDHPs. Should be perfectly safe cocked and locked, as any 1911, but they did have a recall, so verify the s/n against Sig's website (just in case it sat in back stock for 3 years). Also, they do have a half cock position if you want to go old school and lower the hammer to half cock with a round chambered, but bear in mind you're one inopportunely timed cough away from an ND. It's a bad idea, really; kinda makes me wonder why they even gave it a half cock.
>>
File: 588779.jpg (82KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
588779.jpg
82KB, 880x660px
do i need to worry about barrel leading in my 10/22 from shooting the cheapest lead round nose ammo i can find?
>>
>>34264043
That's good to know. Is the SPR much different than the vanilla model?
>>
>>34264947
No, and in doubt, just shoot some high velocity quality, clean burning ammo after that, always LRN. Like some CCI Blazers.

Just stay away from Remington ammo.
>>
I do own a Marlin Model 60, 2013 made in Mayfield, KY. Serial starts with MM.

It's shit or still good? Gun seems fine to me.
>>
I live in Commifornia. I want to try getting a CZ 75 as my first gun. Is the CZ 75 a decent starter pistol?
>>
>>34265483
It is an excellent pistol and very user friendly. Somewhat overlooked by modern polymer lovers, but absolutely a staple of all metal nines.

Basically if you want a classic looking gun that will perform greatly at a very nice price, you cannot ask for better.
>>
>>34264969
Not by much. You'll be good to go. And its pretty sweet having an OG rollmark, rarely ever see it
>>
>>34265385
I've never had a problem with golden bullet or thunderbolt
>>
Recommend me a decent set of digital calipers for reloading.
>>
>>34257821
at that range an ounce of lead is an ounce of lead. Literally no room for it to spread out before it hits. Buck might spread out a bit inside the medium but I doubt it would be appreciably different. Even a light load of Birdshot would be deadly at that range.

Depends on angle. There's a photo of an attempted suicide where he put a shotgun in his mouth. Blew away his prefrontal cortex- forehead sank back to about his ears. Motherfucker took 2 days to finish dying. Terminal Ballistics ain't as predictable as rocket science.
>>
>>34266010
an analog one
>>
>>34266010
This >>34266214
You'll get more out of almost any dial caliper then a digital.
>>
File: grape.jpg (7KB, 148x246px) Image search: [Google]
grape.jpg
7KB, 148x246px
>>34254505
Grapeshot (from my knowledge of the RN in the age of sail) consists of smallish round balls arranged in a tightly tied bag, around a wooden or metal central spindle and ring dividers. This produced a tight roughly cylindrical shape which could be loaded easily, and I don't believe they were welded.

Canister shot though was basically a tin or lead can filled with musket balls and other shite, and sealed shut with solder. Both have roughly the same effect over different ranges. Canister was short ranged but absolutely devastating: I believe HMS Victory raked the Bucentaure through her stern with double shot and canister at Trafalgar, using up pretty much an entire barrel of musket balls and killing nearly 200 people.
>>
Stupid question: I've seen several striker fired handguns use an identical, or very similar firing mechanisms as the Glock. Did Glock grant the rights to that patent to other manufacturers?
>>
>>34266578
Striker fired firearms have been around for hundreds of years in rifle, i'm not sure if the concept can even be patented anymore without novel changes.
>>
Does anyone make an AR handguard that doesn't have a top rail, has M-LOK slots on 3, 6, and 9 (or similar) positions, is free floating, and lightweight? I'm aware of the Midwest Industries one with the limited top rail, which might work for me, but would like to see other options first.

Basically I'm looking to emulate the PSA 5.56 Marauder pistol, but in a side charging .300memeout configuration with a 5/8x24 flash can on a 7-8.5" barrel. The adapter that PSA made to replace the handguard cap for the Magpul MOE forend might work if modified, but they don't appear to be selling it as a separate part.
>>
If i want a cylinder bore double barrel 12 gauge that can shoot 3 inch shells would most gun stores have this? whats the best way to get one

i dont have to have one ut i want one

whats a good brand or model

thank you
>>
Walther PPQ M2 or HK VP9?

My main hangup with buying one of them is parts availability. I shoot a lot and like to keep springs and firing pins on hand, but I can't find them for these guns. Do they want you to send them back to the factory for maintenance or what? All I want is a plastic 9mm made for human hands (read: not a Glock).
>>
Didn't want to start my own thread for this.

I've been spending the summer at my grandparents house, and they've got a bit of a wild cat infestation. The only gun I have access too here is their old .22 Carbine.

I'm not necessarily a hunter, but I've shot wild cats at my parents house before (They also lived in the country.). The problem is that I killed them pretty cleanly with an AR-15, but I'm not 100% a .22 is going to do the job.

I'd prefer to kill the cats in one shot, but ultimately because I doubt I'll be able to pull it off, my question is if a .22 has enough stopping power to immobilize it while I finish it off?

If I'm going to end up planting a bullet in the cats side and then have it run off and die from it's wounds 5 hours later under the house, I'm just not going to take the shot.
>>
So this 1916 mauser thing at jg for like $200. Is it worth or should I get the zastava 9mm.
>>
>>34267473

Depends where you hit it.
>>
>>34267473
I've killed wild cats with a .177 air rifle before. Use a decent optic and go for the head.

Cats have this weird thing they do too where if they're mortally injured they'll just kind of flop around in place like a fish. If they do that, you can easily run up and put them down at close range. It's not the cleanest but it works.
>>
File: IMG_20170513_185955.jpg (4MB, 4048x3036px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170513_185955.jpg
4MB, 4048x3036px
>>34265483
Very nice and solid steel frame. It is a good starter and will last you many years.
>>
>>34254492

I want to get casually into clay shooting. I also don't own a shotgun. Should I go buy a bargain clay shooter like a Tristar, or go with one I could use for HD potentially like a 590,870,etc? I would probably go clay shooting 1-2 times a month max, and I already have 2 ARs, pistols, etc.
>>
>>34267485
I'm pretty confidant I can hit it in the chest or the head, I'm just not confidant I can nail it directly in the eye and into the brain or the heart.

>>34267501
This gun doesn't have an optic, it's all iron sights and I'm too broke to get anything else at the moment.

As far as flopping like a fish, I've seen it myself when I shot one in the chest with the AR-15. I'm just worried that a .22 isn't going to be enough to trigger that, and instead it's going to rush for safety underneath the house and die there slow.
>>
>>34267473
Do you mean kitty wildcats or cougars/bobcats?
If kitty, then yes. If cougar, then no.
>>
>>34267537
If you're a decent shot I'd be confident with irons out to 50-yards or so. A .22 absolutely will put a cat down.
>>
File: kot.jpg (250KB, 792x612px) Image search: [Google]
kot.jpg
250KB, 792x612px
>>34267550
I meant kitty, just feral cats that have been living in the area, coming out at all times of the day and night to harass their chickens and eat the songbirds my grandma likes feeding.

>>34267567
I'll go ahead and take the responses I've gotten so far as a greenlight so long as I get a clean shot to the head or chest. Just to be safe, I'll probably shoot it in the lungs and then jog up and finish it off quickly; I'm maybe a slightly below average shot.
>>
>>34267606
You could also just screen off the bottom of your house and shoot however you please.
>>
>>34267606
This may be slightly condescending, but try to brace on a tree or fence or a set of shooting sticks. That will make it a lot easier.
>>
does anybody make a binary trigger for glocks? all iu can find through google is the ar-15 ones talked about on glock forums.
>>
File: 12rfco.jpg (79KB, 670x449px) Image search: [Google]
12rfco.jpg
79KB, 670x449px
>>34258041
>>
>>34258195
>with the exception of /j/, /l/, /q/, and /z/, which all have a history.
Tell me more.
>>
Is the Vepr 12 from Atlantic Firearms a good deal?

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/vepr-12-gauge-shotgun2014-05-27-14-55-29-1946-detail.html?Itemid=0

Also why is the side folder so much more expensive?
https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/vepr-12-gauge-shotgun-with-working-side-folding-stock-detail.html?Itemid=0

Couldn't I just get a non-folder and upgrade it to a folder for cheaper?
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
I'm thinking of picking up a AK Pistol, live in Oregon, so I can conceal carry one in a backpack here and it would be legal with our CHL.

Any recommendations /k/? This would be my first AK, I already have a decent AR with some glass, the AK pistol would be a KISS set up with maybe a weapon light and some trijicon irons. Let me hear your thoughts.
>>
>>34267804
/j/ is the board for janitors and mods.
/l/ used to be a lolicon board. /g/ actually used to be the guro board before it became technology.
/q/ has been an on and off thing since near the beginning, and is now /qa/.
And lastly, /z/ was a random board where anons could moderate, and moderation would rotate to another anon after a period of time. It's since been closed. For a long time afterwards, you could still go to /z/, and it would pop up with a picture of a bunch of bees crawling around a guy's dick, but now leads to a 404 like all other invalid urls
>>
I'm planning on going to an anime convention this weekend, but I realized I don't the best way to conceal a handgun in my costume. Would a drop-leg holster possibly work if I'm wearing a skirt?
>>
>>34268429
that's worse than a hip holster, as even when pulled as far up as possible, most will still have some offset as a result of attaching to the belt by another strap
>>
need to chop about an inch off a 24" barrel 3006 like pic related, should i just get it counter bored a little bit or thread it for a small brake or flashhider?
>>
File: 1437178365063.jpg (231KB, 780x1171px) Image search: [Google]
1437178365063.jpg
231KB, 780x1171px
Talk to me about the Ruger Precison .308

I was trying to decide between an RP or the springfield M1a but it's come down to the RP. I like the style, the caliber, and the fact that it's a bolt action.

My only downsides are 1)the stigma of buying it, 2)having to drive more than an hour if i want to shoot it at anything past a hundred yard, and 3) i really wanted to buy my first semi auto and do an EBR conversion

Gimme opinions, yall. Talk me into it, out of it, or into something else
>>
>>34268457
So what would be the best way to conceal a firearm in a somewhat tailored costume?
>>
>>34268562
Honestly, maybe an inner thigh holster if your entire outfit is tailored to be anime-tight. or your butt, I guess.
>>
>>34268585
and by inner thigh I mean INNER thigh. Don't ND a benis
>>
>>34268585
It's a skirt. So inner thigh holster it is.
>>
is deguns.net legit? how fast do they ship? for $30 it better be fast.
>>
>>34268608
Degenerate. Just CC a bullet in the middle of your brain
>>
File: 1453976973948.jpg (59KB, 284x287px) Image search: [Google]
1453976973948.jpg
59KB, 284x287px
would .357 shotshell rounds work fired from a .357 maximum?
asking for a friend
>>
>>34268817
why not?
>>
File: 1481750766358.jpg (40KB, 406x552px) Image search: [Google]
1481750766358.jpg
40KB, 406x552px
>>34254492
semi-/k/ related philosophical question about the ethics of the taking of life versus coexistence with 'evil'. (beyond NAP, when is it 'right' to go to war?)

How do you quantify the loss of human life against suffering?

I'm not talking about from a practical standpoint, I'm talking about from a purely 'moral' one.

e.g. the saudi and nork regiemes are 'evil' and are doing bad shit to their own people. there are plenty of practical reasons to NOT actively antagonize or attack them. I am by no means arguing against this reality; whether you're a murrican, a chinaman, or a slav, each of you know why "even though these guys are assholes", it's in your overall interest to just let it slide.

But what about from a completely detached neutral viewpoint? What if you're superman, or jesus, or doctor manhattan, what have you; unlimited power and no fear of consequences. If your neighbor is engaging in tyrrany; is it more 'right' to cross the border and obliterate the entire leadership/military structure killing many indoctrinated civillian/partisan loyalists and disillusioned soldiers simply 'doing their jobs' alongside the real 'villians' you are hunting? Or to let the rest of the populace continue to 'suffer' under them for a particular amount of time?

I'm not so much talking about any specific weapon system or military tactic, I'm talking more about the the determination process behind the application of strategic 'murder'; if there was no consequence. There's no 'right' or 'wrong' answer, I'm just wondering what perspectives are out there.
>>
>>34267940
>/qa/
any other hidden boards?
>>
>>34263984
A snubnosed revolver like a S&W 642 or Ruger LCR. You can easily carry either in a pants pocket.

People say they're unpleasant to shoot, but that's not a problem with the right ammo.
>>
Is there a company that makes quality 7.62x39r with brass casings.
>>
>>34268896
When conservative calculations regarding the number of deaths they will cause exceed the pessimistic calculations regarding the deaths your transition will likely cause. probably want to add a margin on top of that too, just to account for possible errors in your assessment.
>>
>>34268896
>when is it 'right' to go to war?
When the other side is inferior to you militarily, and possibly morally/intellectually/religiously/economically/ethnically/racially/ideologically/based on language, and/or the war is beneficial to your nation, and/or you want their clay.

>How do you quantify the loss of human life against suffering?
Most people that we have gone to war against in the past 70 years haven't been human. (their IQ is so low that they are effectively not human)
I don't care about the life or suffering of non-americans and non-anglos/anglogermanics and non-japs.

Also if we initiated total war again, there would only total death, so we wouldn't need to care about suffering.

>I'm not talking about from a practical standpoint, I'm talking about from a purely 'moral' one.
... I misread, Oops.
From a moral standpoint, there is the old(?) quote: A war of aggression can not possibly be just. (Or something along those lines.)

>Or to let the rest of the populace continue to 'suffer' under them for a particular amount of time?
Depends on whether or not you're a nationist. I am. (note: nationism =/= nationalism)
So given global omnipotence I would kill all the shitskins and chinese (most poluting, fastest growing, and stupid peoples) and then balkanize most nations and institute various government styles.

I would basically play ultimate anti-federalism on a global scale. (which includes norks and saudis and but I would also make much much worse governments. However the geographic sizes and populations of the nations would be much smaller.)

>if there was no consequence
As long as we obeyed OPEC mandates, we could invade all of the americans, oceania, and africa and suffer zero consequences. We're 2 of the biggest economies, biggest army, biggest navy, two biggest air forces, on the permanent security council, in NATO, etc. .
There are no consequences.
>>
Dumbass question here. Shooting to the left consistently. Thought it was trigger position, but I can have my finger almost off the trigger or completely on and same problem. Read thumbing can cause it. How do I stop?

20 yards / 9mm pistol / Lefty.
>>
>>34269502
*tips fedora*
>>
>>34269530
What pistol?

I'm not an expert by any means, but I got around pulling my shots like that by just concentrating on my trigger pull and grip. Be sure you're holding the gun in-line with your forearm and pressing the trigger with the pad of your finger while maintaining a firm and even grip.

>20-yards
Try shooting at 10 until you can carve out the center of the target consistently.
>>
File: IMG_8160.jpg (1MB, 2964x3048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8160.jpg
1MB, 2964x3048px
>>34269573
Glock 19. Thanks, my 10 yards is basically perfect. I've had the problem at 20 yards for the last couple times I've gone. I pay attention to every shot and take my time to make sure I'm doing everything as right as I can. That's why I think there's something fundamentally wrong in my shooting. I should also point out it's barely off (as far as the main grouping is concerned, I know I still need more consistency overall but a good 70% of the shots are in a group) I'll attach a pic of the last time I went.
>>
>>34259468
AERO.
>>
File: Hary_Lady_K.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
Hary_Lady_K.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>34269547
m'lady
>>
is there anywher online that has slide and frame glock 17 parts kits for under $350 together?

not glock 23 parts kits that are shot to hell for $400.
>>
>>34269619
Okay yeah that's nowhere near as bad as I was imagining.

My advice is to just keep at it. Focus on not squeezing your thumbs against the frame, and if you're still consistently left after a couple mags try shooting off a rest to make sure your sights aren't slightly out of alignment.

If your sights are on and you're still left seek professional help.
>>
>>34269745
Thanks for the help, I'll try this weekend. I don't think I've ever paid attention to my thumb pressure before, usually just placement.
>>
Thoughts on Windham ARs? Specifically, their SRC/R16M4FTT?
>>
>>34269745
and the palm of the support hand too. that is important for stability too.
>>
>>34269830
Would you mind elaborating a little on this? Is the palm of the support hand placement wrong or pressure?
>>
>>34268474
bump
>>
What should I use for painting the front sight on my Ruger Mk IV target? The fucker is just a big black block. I need high-vis for my shit eyes.
>>
>>34269868
why not both?
>>
>>34269858
I push out into my support hand a little bit with my firing hand, to brace my firing hand. I also try to wrap my fingers on my support hand around the knuckles of my firing hand.

i always shoot in a weird weaver stance, since i was taught to shoot my my grandfather who was a carpenter and hand blown himself through a roof like Wile E. Coyote building a compressor in the 60's, and wrecking while racing. i have his bad habits, but i shoot pretty well for a half trained idiot. it might work for you. but take a pistol course with as good a teacher as you can afford, they will be able to get your straightened out much faster than you trying to figure out what you are doing wrong.

>>34269870
florescent lure paint.
>>
>>34269932
Interesting. Thanks I'll look into that as well.
>>
>>34269878
didn't even think of that, figured I'd just get it recrowned, then thought "oh a little brake would protect the crown" or just be cheap about it and counter bore like a 1/4"
I guess I'm mostly asking how bad would a fudd durr gun look with the smallest cheapest brake I can find
>>
File: 1454637081212.jpg (436KB, 1041x812px) Image search: [Google]
1454637081212.jpg
436KB, 1041x812px
I just got the bayonet for my m91/30 fitted (sort off) but now that I look at it the bayonet seems of center or the point is off to the right, it was distracting me and I'm just curious if this is a design feature or if I need to get a new bayonet.
>>
>>34258603
Thanks anon. Went and got the Savage. It's sweet.
>>
>>34269967
I'm partial to birdcages on hunting rifles, give it a thought.
Quick halfassed brownell search says 74 style brake. I don't think it would look bad, I think it would look quirky in a good way.
>>
>>34270284
>74 style
I'm seeing a fudd zfk-55 which I think I really like lol thanks anon
>>
How long does it take for Aero Precision to issue store credit? Is it instant or does it take 24 hours?
>>
when was the m2 carbine introduced?
Before or after the stg44?
>>
>>34270988
1. Check Wikipedia for M1 info
2. Check Wikipedia for STG44 info
3. ???
4. Profit.
>>
>>34270991
>M1 carbine
>M2 carbine
>same thing
wew lad
>>
>>34271010
See the M2 carbine sub section.
>>
>>34271029
Sorry, I had only skimmed, but the second question stands because it only lists the year.

>>34270988
>Before or after the stg44?
>>
>>34271060
See the STG wiki page, I doubt the M1 page has it.
>>
>>34258550
You can kill yourself.
>>
What do you guys do with your steel/bimetal cases? Are they recyclable?
>>
>>34270988

M2 carbine was in fall 1944, the Stg 44 was originally deployed in '43 as the MP 43 before being renamed Stg 44.
>>
>>34271072
it also just says the m2 was issued in 44.
>>
>>34267481
With the condition of those mausers just get the pistol.
>>
>>34257985
Most revolvers have a transfer bar safety.
There is a space between the hammer and firing pin.
The bar is raised into place only when the hammer is pulled back and is in place when the trigger is pulled. Allowing the gun to fire.
To see this operation pull your hammer back and slowly ease it forward and when you will see the bar hide when the trigger is released.
>>
File: cartridge-2-728[1].jpg (78KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
cartridge-2-728[1].jpg
78KB, 728x546px
What caliber is the fifth round in this image?
>>
>>34271119
Thank you anon.
>>
>>34256060
Your chamber may be rusted a little bit creating friction. There is alot of brass to chamber contact when the round is fired. Clean thoughly and if needed polish it out with extremely fine emery cloth. An easy way to do that is wrap a pencil or dowl with the emery cloth.
>>
>>34271265
Something in the back of my brain says chinese.
>>
m lgs has a 12 gauge pardner for 70 bucks, said the firing pin is stuck. it should be pretty simple to replace the springs and have a working gun right?
>>
Do the chinks export the QSZ-92 to canada or anywhere reasonably close that one could smuggle one to the US with a boat?
>>
>>34271311
to clarify, I mean the version in their 5.7 ripoff.
>>
>>34261984
The saying you get what you pay for usually rings true. But I have seen cheap old guns out shoot modern guns. So long as the bore is clean and has a consistent diameter you will be fine. Then find the ammo it likes, this is because some ammunition may be tenths of a micro meter different in diameter as your barrel and be a true match.
But the only way to find out is to try it out.
>>
>>34271311
>>34271319
They don't export anything in their mil cartridges, muh states secrets or something.
>>
>>34258770
How easy is it to miss someone in your own house? When they're potentially armed and may be trying to kill you? Gee, let's think. Not even to be morbid, but how many spree shooters had 100% of rounds fired striking and killing a target? Oh yeah, none of them. If they're shooting at unarmed civilians cowering behind flimsy plywood tables and they STILL miss, how the fuck do you think you're going to react when someone shoots back?
>m-m-muh Magic bang stick will make the baddies go away!
>I just need to load it!
Please don't kill your neighbors by finger fucking your loaded "home defense double barrel" and ND'ing through the fucking wall.
>>
>>34260370
Alright, here's what we do. A jacketed hollow point with U shaped tunnels leading from the nose of the bullet out through the side of the bullet. The sides of the tunnels have a tungsten penetrator. I'm thinking like 6 of them around the radius of the bullet. The hollow point is filled with mercury and capped with polymer. When the round impacts, hydraulic pressure will force the penetrators out of the bullet perpindcular to impact, sending slivers of tungsten outwards from the bullet, thus increasing the likely hood of striking lungs, heart, or the spine.
>>
I love the look of 6 color chocolate chips pattern, does anybody make it in woodland colors.
I saw a sand man wearing some in a documentary but have been unable to find it. I believe he may have dyed his.
>>
>>34271350
Do they export their cartridges?
>>
>>34271403
Nope.
>>
Does anyone have an uploaded collection, torrent file, zip collection or hydrus set of the stencils made from the various stencil threads? I'm looking to fill out the ones I am missing without starting a thread series and forcing it to run for a while to scrape it for content and leech like that.
>>
>>34271450
Just check the third party archives.
>>
>>34271481
Can't scrape them, since hydrus doesn't support it yet but I have been going through manually. Just was holding out hope someone had a full album.
>>
>>34254492
Father's Day is this weekend and my dad's birthday is next week. Thinking about buying him a gun. Current guns he owns:
>side-by-side 12 gauge
>pump 16 gauge
>bolt action .30-06
>semi-auto .22 rifle

Guns I own:
>break open .410
>bolt .22 rifle
>bolt .270
>subcompact 9mm

Also, if I buy him a gun, my mom will want one for her birthday. The .30-06 is technically hers, and it's the only gun she owns. She's aching for a pistol. And I still need to buy myself a semi-auto rifle.

>tl;dr affordable guns for family
>>
What's the typical shooting distance for paper before you start needing some kind of magnifier to see where your shots are hitting?
I'm new to shooting rifles and spent some time shooting at 25 yds with a .22, and at 50 yds with 8mm mauser. I could sort of see the .22 hits, but I couldn't see shit at 50 yds.
Is that typical or are my eyes just garbage?
>>
>>34271654
This is typical. You can use "shoot n c" targets, but they're pricy for what they are. It's a target that has a backing layer of high contrast polymer that leaves a splat mark where you hit. They're pretty good out to about 100 yards depend on what you're shooting. Bigger rounds leave a bigger splat.
>>
Why weren't pump actions more commonplace in rifles? I don't mean a tube mag but just a normal rifle configuration except with a straight-pull bolt handle moved towards the front, worked exactly like a pump. That would have increased potential rates of fire during WW1 times by several times over, surely someone must have thought of doing it.
>>
>>34271672
Probably something to do with locking mechanisms, rim styles, and simplicity of design.
>>
>>34271608
Get him a .357 revolver.
Then your ma a .38.
>>
>>34271796
You're a bad person.
>>
>>34271808
It will fit right in with his fudd vibe.
>>
>>34269999
Quads get
>>
do people who use the long ass foregrips on their ar's use them like a hand stop or hold on to the grip mostly
>>
>>34271949
Yes, but that doesn't answer my question.
>>
I want to reload .30-06 to save money. No idea where to start and I'm a poorfag. I did some research and was going to buy the Lee Loader kit, but it says it doesn't fully resize the brass so it won't work in semis. (my rifle's a semi). Can I just get one additional tool that will resize it right? What do I need?
>>
>>34273189
You'll need a press and a set of dies to full length size cases. Lee makes a little hand held press that I think is around 40 bucks? Might be a bear sizing rifle cases, but it will do the job. Id say spend the extra 75 bucks and get the lee classic press.
>>
I want a 12 gauge shotgun that can be used both for home protection and bird hunting. I want to spend the absolute minimum amount of money, while also getting something that's not a piece of shit.

Recommendations?
>>
File: Ruger_LCR.jpg (203KB, 750x533px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger_LCR.jpg
203KB, 750x533px
Anyone with experience shooting Underwood know if this is a good defensive load for an LCR?

https://underwoodammo.com/shop/38-special-p-125-grain-bonded-jacketed-hollow-point/
>>
>>34273295

Get a shotgun with a combo barrel pack. There's a lot of guns for sale that come with a long barrel for hunting and a short barrel for home defense.

Alternately go to a pawn shop, buy a cheap gun and then buy a second barrel for it.
>>
>>34273295
I bought a Mossberg 500 combo with an 18" security barrel, 28" field barrel, wood stock and forend, and pistol grip only option for $350 brand new.
>>
CDNN.com sells .22lr Uzis for around $300. Is it possible to have it rechambered for 9mm? I really want one, but don't want to spend a fortune.
>>
>>34274212

Probably not. You'd have to replace a bunch of parts and even then the receiver may not be built strong enough for the recoil.
>>
>>34254687
it's better than burying all of the topics in goddamned generals.

individually categorized threads + catalog = finding the information you need/a place you can contribute faster.

generals (and qtddtot is a general) should be banned site wide.
>>
>>34257466
>I'm not aware of any gun with an exposed bolt.

if we go full autism, most handguns technically have exposed bolts -- the slide.
>>
Looking to buy an fal, what brands should I stick with? Ideally I want one of the old school fuck huge ones.
>>
>>34267519
If you get into it hardcore you'll get specialized sporting shotguns. No reason to make that jump right now. An 870 or a mossy 500 will do you. Jack of all trades master of none is exactly what you're looking for here.
>>
>>34275514
DSarms are the only people making new FALs. Avoid FALs from Hesse, Vulcan, and Blackthorne. Enterprise kits are good, but old and beat up. Century is hit or miss. Coonan occasionally makes FAL receivers. Other than, check around FNfiles.
>>
File: 10496625.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10496625.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
Are Hi-Point pistols safe? What's the deal with their price? I was at an Academy today looking for Father's Day sales and saw the pistol section. While other 9mm pistols were well up into the $300-$400 range the Hi-Point was only $160.

I'm a Jew when it comes to buying things, but I know when to put money into objects and not cut corners.
>>
>>34275981
More reliable than a glock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPr_OoPR4WY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNw179rHxkQ
>>
>>34275981
yes. you will 100% never break it. iraqveteran8888 hammered a bolt down the barrel and filled the chamber up with gunpowder and it still didnt explode
>>
what's the best cheap .22lr? remington thunderbolt or aguila superextra?
>>
Any idea what that new 10/22 integrally suppressed barrel will cost?
>>
>>34275327
>generals
>somehow not categorizing threads
>>
File: IMG_20170616_2120400.jpg (3MB, 3672x4896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170616_2120400.jpg
3MB, 3672x4896px
Bought a Ruger Gunsite Scout and the rear sight's mounting screw came loose. Threads are all bent and shit. How can i get a replacement?
>>
>>34277589
if only there were some company who manufactured the guns who might also have a customer service department that could take care of you
>>
>>34277607
But then i have to talk to people, on a phone.
>>
>>34254492
just got a 1911 and some mags
They're a pain in the ass to load. It doesn't look like it's a spring problem, I can compress the spring with a rod fairly easily.
It looks like the cartridges are actually getting hung up on the sidewalls of the mags, like the mag is just a cunt hair too thin.
Return? Shoot a couple times and see if it works out? Anybody else seen this before?
>>
Is there a list of guns, designers, and manufacturers one should be familiar with before browsing /k/? Stuff beyond the AR, AK, and mosin?
>>
>>34277786
You'll learn just from lurking for a while, just don't talk about shit you don't know about like 90% of this board does. The biggest problem is separating fact from memes.
>>
>>34277219
I'm not big on .22 but in my experience Aguila's some good stuff. Almost on par with CCI.
>>
Where's the best place to get ammo? I want 77 grain 5.56 for my 1:7 16" AR. Went to gander mountain because the going out of business sale but all they had was 55 grain .223. And it seems like most websites you can get them in boxes of 20 or 500 with fuckin nothing in between.
>>
>>34277320
i think the msrp is like $600 so $500 street wouldn't surprise me. just hope the HPA passes.
>>
>>34277891
gunbot
ammoseek
>>
>>34277891
this guy
>>34277930
beat me to it

remember: no steel
>>
>>34277943
memes
>>
>>34277943
whats wrong with steel
>>
File: pp19.jpg (893KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
pp19.jpg
893KB, 1500x1125px
Is Kalashnikov USA shit and/or vaporware?
I heard they were making a Vityaz clone and got pretty hype, but I've heard literally nothing else about them aside from that.
>>
>>34277981
some ranges get pissy about it
>>
>>34277977
>>34277981
>>34277990
it struggles to cycle in my $300 1911 that feeds brass perfectly
>>
>>34277990
oh i shoot in my yard so i guess i dont need to worry about it
>>
Why are Mossberg MVP bolts so wobbly? How shit is their tooling that they can't drill out two equal bores?
>>
>>34278035
everything from mossberg i've ever touched other than their shotguns has been shit
>>
>>34278012
sounds like a problem with your gun
>>
Someone is stealing my packages at my apartment. I want to hook up a pepper spray grenade to go off when a package is opened.

The problem is, the only grenades I can find you have to press down on, which probably won't work. Does anyone know of a grenade that only requires a pin being pulled?
>>
>>34279782
https://www.burglarbomb.com/products/#!/Burglar-Bomb-AB-2000/p/82534141/category=0

There are premade tripwire devices but they aren't as cheap as rigging your own.
>>
Is .40 a meme, I have one. Everyone I know has a 9mm or 357.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.