[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people who live in low crime neighborhoods and have never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 20

File: handgun.jpg (71KB, 1025x1024px) Image search: [Google]
handgun.jpg
71KB, 1025x1024px
Why do people who live in low crime neighborhoods and have never been in so much as a fistfight buy handguns? Do they get some sense of importance by being paranoid?
>>
File: 1496580801652.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1496580801652.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>34252331
So they don't have to get into a fistfight? Firearms give you a great amount of mobility and freedom when it comes to the usage and escalation of force. An unarmed, untrained fellow has about two solid choices when it comes to serious, violent and often belligerent threats. Retreat or go apeshit.
The former is of course preferable in certain situations, but many times it's not an option; you're surrounded, your home is being invaded, your family is behind you, there's a wall at your back, you can't outrun someone, there are lives to defend. They have a gun.
Situations like that offer you no choice but to submit or fight back, but fighting back is often dangerous and if the other guy is armed and you aren't, or if there are multiple people accosting you, you're not getting out of it in the shape you got into it. Even if you have a knife, it'll only be truly effective for intimidation and any actual knifefight will not have real winners. Both sides are going to be stabbed and cut, dead, even.
With a handgun, many of those problems can be solved simply by brandishing and if necessary shooting. Even the possibility of you being armed will seriously curtail the willingness of redguards and other undesirables to jump you, try to rob you, invade your home, get in your face or cause you harm. And the best thing about it all is that guns work the same for everyone. It doesn't matter if you're some faggot twink, some officelady or a disabled retiree. If you have a gun, it evens the playing field and lets you defend yourself effectively against most anyone.
>>
File: racism doesn't exist.png (670KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
racism doesn't exist.png
670KB, 600x884px
Because freedom. The 'why' is irrelevant.
>>
>>34252331
The reason why those neighbourhoods are low crime is because the people living there aren't the type to get into random fistfights and they understand civic responsibility and gun ownership.

Are you fucking serious?
>>
Keep the crime rate low
>>
>>34252384
You missed my point entirely. The point was that many people who own handguns are unlikely to get in a fight at all. Ever. They don't need handguns. Yes, there are people who live in dangerous places and really do need guns, but most of the gun owners I know live in quiet suburbs.
>>34252385
The Supreme Court literally says you have the freedom to practice sodomy. Are you going to do that just because you have the freedom to?
>>
>>34252408
According to camgirls, most people do, but your personal anal fixation is irrelevant.
>>
>>34252404
>>34252405
Even if gun ownership were the reason why crime is so low in the suburbs (it isn't), that doesn't really matter to the individual who decides to buy a gun. If your neighborhood is safe, then you gain very little by buying a handgun, which you will probably never use.
>>
>>34252408
>Are you going to do that just because you have the freedom to?
Read it again. I clearly said in a free society, the justification is irrelevant.
>>
Why do people buy medical insurance when their odds of falling sick are so low? Do they get some sense of importance by being paranoid?
>>
>>34252419
I am sure you're not qualified to make that conclusion. Kennesaw, GA stands out as proof that you're full of shit, and just don't care to look into actual data.
>>
Why do people who live near a fire department and have never even had s kitchen for own fire extinguishers?
Do they get some sense of importance by being paranoid?

Kys faggot
>>
File: 1398349830429.jpg (85KB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
1398349830429.jpg
85KB, 467x350px
>>34252408
>The point was that many people who own handguns are unlikely to get in a fight at all. Ever. They don't need handguns
Unlikely is not the same thing as never, anon. My house is unlikely to ever burn down, but I still have smoke detectors and fire extinguishers. I'm unlikely to ever get in a car crash, but I still wear my seat belt. My boat's unlikely to sink, but I've still got flotation vests. There is no reason why you should not be prepared for these contingencies if you can at all afford them. A handgun is POWER in compact form. With it you can defend, kill, threaten and enforce your will on the world.
>Yes, there are people who live in dangerous places and really do need guns, but most of the gun owners I know live in quiet suburbs.
Quiet suburbs do not always stay as quiet suburbs. Things change, always for the worse at some point. Shit might hit the fan. There might be war, natural disasters, insurrection. Council planning might build a ghetto next to your formerly quiet and pristine suburb hell. With a handgun, you are prepared for these troubles and you are better off having one than without.
>>
>>34252426
Jesus that phone posting. Point stands.

>Why do people who live near a fire department and have never even had a kitchen fire own fire extinguishers?
Do they get some sense of importance by being paranoid?
>>
>>34252424
Your odds of getting sick are not low. Most everyone will get sick at some point.
>>34252425
Kennesaw would probably be safe even if gun ownership were lower there.
>>34252426
Bad analogy. Fire extinguishers are inexpensive to own.
>>34252428
>Unlikely is not the same thing as never, anon. My house is unlikely to ever burn down, but I still have smoke detectors and fire extinguishers. I'm unlikely to ever get in a car crash, but I still wear my seat belt. My boat's unlikely to sink, but I've still got flotation vests. There is no reason why you should not be prepared for these contingencies if you can at all afford them. A handgun is POWER in compact form. With it you can defend, kill, threaten and enforce your will on the world.
All those precautions are inexpensive. Owning a gun and being proficient with it requires a large investment of time and money.
>>
>>34252408
>You missed my point entirely.
No you missed the point.
ME owning a hand gun means I DONT want to fight.
Owning a gun doesnt mean you are rambo.
>>
>>34252474
Where are the fucking janitors?

This is just a retarded bait thread since op has answers and just keeps moving goalposts

Kys Brady shitbag. Or jealous yuropoor
>>
>>34252474
>52474▶
>>>34252424
Sub 150 bucks for a hipoint 9c.
Get fucked faggot.
>>
File: basil.jpg (3MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
basil.jpg
3MB, 5000x5000px
>probably

You can check the statistics. After their ordinance passed their crime rate fell dramatically. Your presumptions are demonstrably wrong.
>>
>>34252408
>peaceful gun-owning suburbs have less crime

>guys why do suburbs with gun owners have less crime

You tell me dumbshit.
>>
>>34252478
Whether you want it or not doesn't matter since it's never going to happen.
>>34252493
Correlation is not causation.
>>34252494
Because they are full of middle class white people?
>>
>>34252493
That ordinance is unenforceable and probably had a negligible effect on actual gun ownership rates. The people who wanted guns already had them, and the people who didn't still refused to buy them.
>>
File: DbfZnZm.jpg (47KB, 902x201px) Image search: [Google]
DbfZnZm.jpg
47KB, 902x201px
>>34252513
This the last reply you'll get out of me.
>>
>>34252520
hahahaha, Ivan was so based
>>
File: read a book nigga.png (376KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
read a book nigga.png
376KB, 1080x1920px
>>34252513
Data and facts are hard, I know. You'll grow out of your teen angst eventually.
>>
>>34252474
Do you have locks on your doors? That's an expensive investment, when the likelihood of someone just walking into your home is small.

Unless of course you are a brokedick renter. Which I can almost certainly guarantee. If you don't live with your parents of course.
>>
File: disliking cotton cloth.png (386KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
disliking cotton cloth.png
386KB, 1080x1920px
>>34252592
wrong pic
>>
>>34252419
is so low (it isn't).
most often when people contradict them selves it means they're stupid.
>>
>>34252474
the fact you are losing this debate is evident.
please continue. I need the laughs.
>>
>>34252408
Better to have and not need than need and not have.

It's like a fire extinguisher, except guns, instead of extinguishing fire, extinguish any motivation for a criminal to continue being stupid.
>>
>>34252596
why not stop? wouldn't an intelligent person do this?
>>
>>34252331
>only niggers and spics in the ghetto deserve to own guns
>I'm such a thuuuug badass
>I've been in so many fights
>I'm hardcore

Kill yourself, retarded gatekeeping faggot.
>>
File: Ssoroghod's people-1.png (308KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Ssoroghod's people-1.png
308KB, 1080x1920px
>>34252628
Stop what exactly?
>>
File: Ssoroghod's people-2.png (201KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Ssoroghod's people-2.png
201KB, 1080x1920px
>>34252643
impromptu /lit/ thread? I think OP needs to read more.
>>
>>34252593
>That's an expensive investment
Not really. Most houses come with locks already installed, and locks require little to no maintenance. Guns have to be practiced with to be useful, and ammo is expensive.
>>34252608
>Even if it were the reason (it isn't)
There. Does that help you read better, dumbass?
>>34252623
>Better to have and not need than need and not have.
You aren't faced with that choice. In reality, the choice is to have it and not need it or not have it and not need it.
>>34252642
Deserves got nothing to do with it.
>>
>>34252687
>In reality, the choice is to have it and not need it or not have it and not need it.
No. Nope.
>>
>>34252687
>You aren't faced with that choice. In reality, the choice is to have it and not need it or not have it and not need it.

That makes zero fucking sense.
>>
>>34252687
>You aren't faced with that choice. In reality, the choice is to have it and not need it or not have it and not need it.
Until you finally need it. And even if you don't need, can't I buy what I want without somebody (you for exemple) policing my purchases?
>>
>>34252703
>Until you finally need it. And even if you don't need, can't I buy what I want without somebody (you for exemple) policing my purchases?
Absolutely not. If what you buy is dangerous, it should be regulated. Fire extinguishers have been used to murder people. You're talking about fire extinguishers right?
>>
This whole thread is blatently antigun bullshit. On a goddamn gunboard.

What the actual fuck mods, get your fucking shit together.
>>
File: elusive (you).png (200KB, 1473x1024px) Image search: [Google]
elusive (you).png
200KB, 1473x1024px
>>34252687
>In reality, the choice is to have it and not need it or not have it and not need it.
>>
>>34252687
...I think I know the answer to this, but I want to ask anyway. Have you ever (seriously) considered that you might be dimwitted?
>>
>>34252715
1)They're heavy and can fall on children.
2)The handle allows Easy Bashing(TM) of heads.
3)The color red reminds me of blood and triggers me.
4)Some of them can actually blow up if used improperly.
BAN ALL ASSAULT EXTINGUISHERS
>>
Low quality bait thread. 1/10
>>
File: IMG_0085.gif (1MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0085.gif
1MB, 400x400px
>>34252687
>>
File: punching people.jpg (127KB, 714x560px) Image search: [Google]
punching people.jpg
127KB, 714x560px
>>34252715
>>34252736
>Fire extinguishers have been used to murder people.
The difference is that the point of fire extinguishers isn't to kill or destroy things. A gun's only real purpose is to kill or destroy things.

These bait threads are great because it shows EXACTLY why people think americans shouldn't have guns. You're obsessed with killing, it's unhealthy.
>>
>>34252759
>A gun's only real purpose is to kill or destroy things.
Except when it isn't, amirite?
>>
File: 1497311670052.jpg (69KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1497311670052.jpg
69KB, 520x678px
>>34252331
just because its never happened, doesnt mean it cant ever happen
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire%2C_Connecticut%2C_home_invasion_murders
>>
File: IMG_0552.jpg (41KB, 524x929px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0552.jpg
41KB, 524x929px
>>34252759
Aw shit, there's the rage quit. Thanks for playing OP. As always, you were a faggot.
>>
File: dotdotdot.png (88KB, 478x374px) Image search: [Google]
dotdotdot.png
88KB, 478x374px
>>34252759
The only person here obsessed with killing is OP. Most sane people can use guns without killing people.
>>
>>34252331
>wanders in from /b/ to start a bait thread
>>34252759
>throws in the towel

That's about right.
>>
>>34252759
1)I'm French
2)>what is target shooting
3)We should also ban bows and reproductions of sword and such in that case.
4)If somebody is gonna assault me, I'M not gonna let them just to be polite.
5)If you attack somebody for whatever purpose, don't be surprised if they take every advantages they can get not to be robbed/raped/killed.
>>
File: 9758613314_f05c9bd5c9_b.jpg (215KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
9758613314_f05c9bd5c9_b.jpg
215KB, 960x720px
>>34252773
>>34252781
im not op

>>34252775
isnt this thread mostly about self defense? even the very first post beelined to "BUT WHAT IF NIGGERS INVADE MY HOUSE I HAVE TO K I L L THEM BEFO THEY K I L L ME" rather than "well i go target shooting on the weekends with my deer wife's son".

that most of this thread is "BUT WHAT IF NIGGERS INVADE MY HOUSE I HAVE TO K I L L THEM BEFO THEY K I L L ME" rather than "well i go target shooting on the weekends with my deer wife's son" just goes to show the unhealthy attitude that causes american gun discourse to be so deeply poisonous, frustrating, and generally unproductive to both sides of the debate

pic related
somehow this came up when i binged "herman the german target"
>>
>>34252849
>im not op
That's false.
>>34252849
>just goes to show the unhealthy attitude that causes american gun discourse to be so deeply poisonous, frustrating, and generally unproductive to both sides of the debate
1. There is no "debate", only morons that assume the moral culpability of inanimate objects and those who do not.
B. This ranting is the deathrattle of any anti-gunner's argument. There is no logic in what you're saying, only anger and distaste for some archetypal gun owner that is neither common nor relevant.
4. Should've quit while you were ahead (behind).
>>
>>34252849
>>>34252350
Even beyond this (and the fact that yes some people think the way you do, as soles are everywhere), the reason the debate is poisonous is because of flawed thinking such as the one OP displays.
Sure some pro-guns are assholes (like those faggit's who OC tricked out ARS just to piss off thé "normies") but the broad majority of gun owners are normal peeps like you and me who are annoyed that their hobby is constantly attacked and put into question.
>>
>>34252880
>There is no "debate", only people who disagree on a major thing and argue a lot about it

ok then

>>im not op
>That's false.
prove it you paranoid yankee dingbat
>>
File: IMG_0110.gif (34KB, 250x209px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0110.gif
34KB, 250x209px
>>34252849
>I don't like American firearms enthusiast culture
>therefore people shouldn't own guns
>>
>>34252887
>the broad majority of gun owners are normal peeps like you and me who are annoyed that their hobby is constantly attacked and put into question.
shouldn't the answer to that, then, be to show why you shouldn't be attacked and put into question and actually respond with normal sounding concerns like "I go target shooting" or "I eat a lot of moose I shoot myself" or "This thing is cool and appeared on StarGate SG-1" rather than "BUT WHAT IF SHTF, I NEED TO SCARE THE GUBMENT"
>>
>>34252892
>prove it you paranoid yankee dingbat
You are the problem with gun control debates.
>>
>>34252892
How do you know if anon's american?....

But I mean, if most people who own handguns never use them or even get in fights; what does it matter? You said it yourself, they never have to use it or discharge it under an actual defensive situation, and the majority by far never hurt anyone.

Did you know that murder is illegal op.
>>
>>34252331
Shooting is fun. Many people do it for recreational purposes.
Judging by your tone and choice of picture I also have to say

SHALL
>>
>>34252909
>BUT WHAT IF SHTF, I NEED TO SCARE THE GUBMENT
>>34252892
>prove it you paranoid yankee dingbat
>>34252849
>just goes to show the unhealthy attitude that causes american gun discourse to be so deeply poisonous, frustrating, and generally unproductive to both sides of the debate
>>34252759
>These bait threads are great because it shows EXACTLY why people think americans shouldn't have guns. You're obsessed with killing, it's unhealthy.

Jeeezus Christ, this is why there can be no debate. It's just ad hominem everywhere.
>>
>>34252934
it's not really an ad hom if the argument itself is "you are stupid"
>>
>>34252909
>shit shit what do I say
>I know I'll cherry-pick my own examples that I'll just make up because this is 4chan and people say pants-on-head retarded shit anonymously

Historically firearms have been used to protect the people of countries from overstepping government. But, no one in this thread has even mentioned that yet you keep bringing it up.

I don't get it, you want to focus on the one group of already tinfoil-hat wearing weirdos?
>>
>>34252939
So your argument is that all firearms owners are stupid? That's what you're going with?
>>
File: tricked.jpg (44KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
tricked.jpg
44KB, 460x345px
>>34252939
>>
>>34252939
>it's not really an ad hom if the argument itself is "you are stupid"
The implication that all gun owners are like this is, in fact, an attack on their character rather than a rational argument.
>>
>>34252939
Uh, guess you dropped the whole 'gunz r bad' thing then...
>>
>>34252909
>"BUT WHAT IF SHTF, I NEED TO SCARE THE GUBMENT"
That's the vocal minority, the same that goes around screaming "IMMA KILL ALL NIGGERS".
One person shouting does not represent all gun owners the same way that not everybody who isn't à gun owners is out to confiscate the funs.
>>34252934 has it right, it's really only the morons polluting/escalating the debate who get heard... probably because one only scream when normal discourse doesn't cut it. And they feel nobody listens.
>>
>>34252331

SUCK
MY
WIENER
I
AM
GAY
>>
Ok here is my take on the whole thing. Please note that I am not a burger. Like I understand it the 2nd amendment is there to ensurebthat the government is always in a state of healthy fear from the people. A government by nature will always try to secure their current influence on the people and expand it. A boundary to this can only be a good deal of respect for your citizens. But as modern nations are as large as they are the relation between ruler and ruled one are more abstract. Gaining and keeping a respect for abstract things is hard. So your founding fathers made the decision that the next best thing to keep a ruler from taking total control over its people is fear. If the ruler has to fear to be overthrown when stepping too far ahead of his intended role (which is one of a manager) it is also in his own interest to not step too far.
Also things as mass shootings and gang wars are not directly influenced by guns and more with poverty or personal and emotional problems the society fails to see or repair. Therefore my take on this would be to try to remove poverty and prevent psychologic breakdowns than taking away guns or rights of the citizens in general.
You are one of the last free nations in the west if not the last. You don't know what it is like to live in a country that just spits on your rights and is openly arbitrary in its actions and definitions of what is good and bad. Every right taken away from the citizens even if they are a group you don't like is a way into dictatorship. Even if you do not see the impact of this things in your lifetime your children surely will. When the government has its foot in the door it doesnt let loose anymore it just goes on prying more and more and over the curse of generations your vote makes the situation of the future people worse and worse. Do not make compromises with this. Do not give a milimeter of your rights away. Dont destry what your fathers and forefathers tried to keep so hard.
Greetings from Germany.
>>
>>34253051
tl;dr
>>
>>34252759
>A gun's only real purpose is to kill or destroy things.
That's the purpose of many things. Knives, saws, woodchippers, chainsaws, swords, fireworks, woodworking planes. These things all operate by destruction.
>>
>>34253131
Don't forget assault paper killers like scissors and hole punchers.
>>
>>34253131
>MANS only real purpose is to kill or destroy things.
>>
>>34253218
Wow, sexist much?
>>
Report the gungrabber trash thread made by an idiot who can't stop moving the goalpost, sage, move on.
>>
>>34253051
Good post german, wish i met more like you
>>
>>34253396
mods wont do shit, i reported this at 7 this morning.
>>
>>34252331
Why do people who have never been drowning wear lifejackets on boats?
Why do people who have never been in a car accident wear seatbelts?
Why do people not currently on fire know how to stop drop and roll?
Why do divers who have never been silly string stay away from holes with unknown pressure gradients?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0
>>
>>34253425
Thank you I just want you to understand how precious your freedom is. Don't throw it away for petty fights.
No matter what keep the fight up like some of us try over here.
God bless you Anon.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.