[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would have been different in WW2 if it was the Americans,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: t95.jpg (599KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
t95.jpg
599KB, 3008x2000px
What would have been different in WW2 if it was the Americans, British, and Russians using advanced but expensive and overcomplicated weapons and "superweapons" and the Germans, Italians, and Japanese stuck with practical and affordable designs?
>>
>>34252101
It might have lasted a bit longer but the Allies still inevitably win. Using saner designs does not magic up a fuckton of fuel for the Axis nor does it end the naval blockade that pretty much guaranteed they'd run out of major resources.

Also the Japanese and Italians by and large did stick with practical + affordable designs, it's just that the Italians didn't have much of an industrial base to make them and the Japs concentrated on naval shit instead. The USA also already built some pretty expensive and inefficient small arms (Thompson, B.A.R.) but could simply brute force them with their superior industrial capacity.
>>
File: B.jpg (11KB, 371x236px) Image search: [Google]
B.jpg
11KB, 371x236px
>>34252101
the British and Americans have to worry about getting things over open water
Germans only have some rivers to deal with. so they made submersible versions of the pz 3 5 and 6

and in terms of Japanese tanks
3.7 cm pak 36 was pretty much a dooms day weapon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Taierzhuang

>>34252131
also this
even if the Germans would build more tanks
they have too few people able to crew them
and hardly and fuel or ball bearings to use
>>
>>34252177
>they have too few people able to crew them
They were also too stupid to rotate experienced crews/pilots out of the frontline to train new recruits.
>>
>>34252101
Soviets would not likely advance anywhere if their tanks were even less reliable than T-34 and Germans had many bit lighter "Panthers" with the same gun.
B-29 was already expensive as fuck so without jets Germans could not effectively fight against even heavier megatron fortress.

What other axis stuff do you think is expensive or overcomplicated than jets and Tigers?
>>
I could see bongs suing for peace after losing the battle of britain air war due to a godawful procurement system, which could lead to krauts having a single front war against the soviets which might have gone either way, too many hypotheticals. Pacific theatre would've probably been pretty much the same, the nuke is a superweapon anyways and US industrial capacity was way too much for the japs even if there were massive inefficiences
>>
>>34252196
>I could see bongs suing for peace after losing the battle of britain air war due to a godawful procurement system
It would have to be beyond even Goering-tier awful though considering that any pilot shot down but not killed over the UK could just be put back in the air (obviously German ones in the same situation get captured instead). It was as much a lack of trained pilots as it was a lack of effective planes that fucked the Luftwaffe.
>>
>>34252101

It would end in the US nuking everything because in the end they still made the only superweapon that did what it said it would on the lid.
>>
>>34252190
This.
Everytime wehraboos bang on about all their fighter aces with ridiculous scores and how they're superior because no allied ace got so close.
>>
>>34252335
That and even with air superiority, they weren't going to get across the channel.
>>
>>34252378
Even if they DID get across they'd have been unable to supply the landed troops sufficiently and it would have turned into a rout. I don't think people understand just how major an undertaking a cross-channel invasion would have been. D-Day took years of planning, practice runs (North Africa, Sicily, Italy) and a fuckton of luck and that was with the world's two largest navies on the same side.
>>34252374
It's largely the same with tank aces too.
>>
>>34252190
Didn't Japan do this until by the end only a few, and I mean like five or less of their aces survived
>>
>>34252190
Japan had at least some aces training new pilots, but you also need fuel and additional planes for it.
>>
>>34252430
From what I've heard, the pilot training process was very rigorous and selective, to the point where too few recruits were being fielded to replace their losses.

They could have lowered their standards a lot to recruit more basic fighter pilots, but by that time the allies still had one huge advantage that the axis forces did not: the VT fuse, a.k.a. proximity fuses.

Doesn't matter how good your pilot is if he's getting shelled out of the sky by an incredibly lethal AA barrage.
>>
>>34252984
Did skills even matter that much for bomber pilots other than divebombers maybe?
Usually defending fighters chopped down way more planes than the AA.
>>
>>34252378
Britannia rules the waves!
>>
>>34252101
the thing that won ww2 was economic muscle.
the thing that accelerated the win of allies was breaking the enigma and better intel and spook work.
tanks and ships individual qualities played very very little.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.