[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How often do you go shooting? Be honest. Or are you one of those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_0532.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0532.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
How often do you go shooting? Be honest. Or are you one of those weebs who just own guns but don't know how to properly use them.
>>
>>34250345
Twice a month in the summer

Every other month in the winter
>>
Only range near me has been closed for upgrades for a while.
>>
File: Photo_020171105081125.jpg (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_020171105081125.jpg
1MB, 1080x1920px
I go once a month but lately the depression and negative feels of life bum me out so I haven't gone in a while and am contemplating suicide
>>
File: 1495946460477.jpg (342KB, 1200x861px) Image search: [Google]
1495946460477.jpg
342KB, 1200x861px
once a month

>>34250471
if you're planning on offing yourself, sell me your sks first
>>
>>34250471
Put me down for the 1887, is it one of the CAI knock offs? Any fun?
>>
>>34250345
Roughly monthly, more in the winter, less in the summer. I'm building a fairly gucci AR pistol right now so most of my ammo money is going to that.
>>
>>34250471
You should stain that stock and forend negro.

If you feel like killing yourself, make sure you curb your drinking.
Shit will only make things worse, maybe you should consider adopting a dog. Knowing something loves you every minute of the day can be a big boost, and will encourage you to go out an experience nature more
>>
File: 300x300.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
twice a week.
>>
I belong to a pistol range a shoot there every Sunday morning.
I shoot rifles about twice a month.
>>
>>34250345
>Be Army Vet, living with qt3.14 army vet waifu.

>we haven't been shooting in almost 5 months.

By the time we handle Bills and Food and rent and shit there just isn't enough left over for fun time.

>sad responsible adults are sad.
>>
>>34250345
I go once or twice a month. I blow a hundred or so rounds. Trying to aim better but pretty much just doing it to shoot and feel the recoil.
>>
>>34250345
once a month about. getting more new guns than i can shoot. still need to zero my new AR. i just get busy and im saving for a house. not much money left to shoot. and i hate cleaning after shooting so theres that.

i like to work on accuracy and consistency. rapid fire i can do but im not too consistent. long range im fairly accurate with an AR but i want to reach out further. i want to get into reloading but thats an investment i cant make yet.
>>
>>34250471
If you off yourself, can I have your mosin?
>>
Almost everyday
>>
>>34250345
Whenever I have ammo/money for ammo and time.

So...soon.
And previously, around once or twice a month (normally twice)
>>
>>34250345
I live in rural PA and built a 550yd between the 2 fields behind my house, real easy to roll out of bed and shoot a couple dozen rounds so about every 2-3days.
>>
2-3 times a month.
Will probably go once a week when I get my T81
>>
>>34250345
2-3x a week year round, although the seasons and weather dictate where I go and that dictates what I shoot.
>>
>>34250471
If you off yourself can I have your boipuss?
>>
>>34251051
>>34250897
>>34250516
>>34250497

Buy your own shit, nogunz
>>
>>34250345
About once a month. I'm a poorfag and in commiefornia though so I've been a little hesitant on going even that lately. A range trip is equal to more money and ammo I can save to ride out the time difference where the shitty ammo laws kick in and Gorsuch saves us.
>>
>>34250345
At least once a week (indoor 50m range)
Usually every two weeks (outdoor 100m range)
Every other month (outdoor 1000m range)
>>
I go every weekend if I can, but there's no free ranges or BLM land near me so it's pricey.
>>
>>34250345
2-5 times a year but hopefully more once im done with my tooth surgery.
>>
Four or five a months usually, but this past month I've been renovating my house and travelling so I literally have not had the time. It hurts.
>>
>>34250345
Once a week.
>>
I'm aiming for once a month, but if I drop the cash next month on a range membership, I'll go more often.
>>
File: 20170608_152444.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170608_152444.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I go on wednesdays, range is half price before 5. I bartend so that's perfect for my schedule.
>>
>>34251556
>ar
>hk
Whats the name of the gay bar you work at?
>>
File: 20170515_180332.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170515_180332.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34251582

I work at 2 craft breweries in the armpit of galveston county, Texas.

Honestly though, I know a guy who works at a gay bar two nights a week downtown Houston and says he makes more in those two nights than he does full time with his engineering degree. Pretty crazy if true. I mostly get plant workers and medical/oil yuppies.
>>
Try to go once a week, have an annual pass for the range near my house, just limited by spending money on ammo vs important adulting (remodeling house atm).
>>
I try to go once a week, either to an outdoor range or my buddies farm. But I can't stand the heat, so it's been about 2 weeks since I last went shooting.

I prefer shooting in colder weather, I also prefer shitty weather to sunny days. I usually shoot a few times a week when it's below 60 degrees.
>>
File: Survey of K.png (355KB, 2542x1228px) Image search: [Google]
Survey of K.png
355KB, 2542x1228px
>>34250345
Someone made dis.
>>
I own a metric fuckton of guns.
I know how to use and shoot all of them better than most folk.
But I only shoot every couple months and none of them are properly sighted in.
>>
File: that-feel.png (74KB, 600x554px) Image search: [Google]
that-feel.png
74KB, 600x554px
that feel when i live in the country of a conservative fly-over state and shoot whenever i please
>>
once every week, handguns, since indoor range is closest to me and I suck with handguns so I have to get better with them.
>>
>>34250345
i live in the country and i can shoot guns in my yard so pretty often. i am also poor though so i shoot my 10/22 way more than anything else
>>
>>34250345
obvious datamining thread

wanna talk about shooting, just talk about it
no need to know how many others have guns and do it or not
>>
>>34251875
amen to that
>>
Once per never. I don't even have a car.
>>
>>34250359

Reverse seasons and thats about correct.
>>
>>34250345
Depends. In the warm months, usually once a week or more. Trap/skeet shooting is once a week, so I at least make it there. Otherwise it's really hit and miss, sometimes it's a lot more, sometimes a lot less. But most shooting sessions are just dinking around in the backyard, not taking very many shots.
Doesn't stop me from buying and stockpiling ammo as if I shoot quite a bit.
>>
>>34250345
I try to get out once a week or more, ammo money permitting.

I've been pretty crushed with work though, so I haven't been in 2 weeks.
>>
>>34250471
Don't kill yourself. Maybe leave your guns with someone you can trust or lock them away from you. Please get some help. Talk to someone. Don't be alone.
>>
>>34254990
I'm afraid to talk, I have trouble explaining my feelings, live with my parents who I feel If I mention something to them it will somehow make things worse.

I just feel as though I made too many mistakes and wasted my life, I work a dead end job low wage shut job, dropped out of college and don't have the willpower, energy or focus to improve myself or seek a better career. So what's the point? I don't even work much anymore and spend half of my waking hours lying in bed. I'm becoming the one thing I hate, a NEET manchild basement dweller and I feel as though I can't stop it. I've thought about joining the military but enlisting scares me, I'm terribly out of shape, have some medical probelms which would need to get sorted but I skip seeing a doctor. And to top it off I'm a retard.

I'll leave my guns and most my stuff to my brother in the navy, my life savings of 5k in my bank account will go to my parents to help pay expenses and bills.
>>
>>34250471
What gun are you gonna use? If you don't use a gun though, props to you
>>
Once or twice per month in winter, twice or thrice per month in the summer.
>>
>>34255183
on the real go to a therapist. also consider microdosing with lsd and shrooms.

The thing with a depressive state, especially one that is brinking you to suicide, is that it's just cermented wiring. In this case, you wired your brain to be depressed and it continues to fall down a slippery slope. This is where psychadelics can have profound effects and can make a change for the better. Essentially what it does is break apart and make new connections, and when those previous connections are all negative, a positive connection can really bring someone out of the mud if they approach the experience with the right attitude and mindset open for a change.

it would be best if you can find a professional psychology/psychadelic therapist, but nontheless you do need to express yourself. I would check out jordan peterson also to work up motivation to work towards changing your life for the better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7E_4c_s9y8&t=1s
>>
>>34250345
>how often I shoot guns in general
daily, those are customers guns though

>how often I shoot my own guns
once a month maybe, but not all
I haven't shot my .22 Anschütz in nearly 2 years.
>>
I've pretty much lost interest in everything, and everything is too much trouble. Haven't been shooting since 2011.
>>
>>34255183
>>34255583

"Mankind must work continually to produce individual great human beings - this and nothing else is the task... for the question is this : How can your life, the individual life, retain the highest value, the deepest significance? Only by living for the good of the rarest and most valuable specimens." -Nietzsche

Time to kick your ass into productive gear no matter how much you hate it. Go into overdrive. Climb yourself out of that hole you've dug yourself in. Work work work. Work at improving yourself like your life depends on it. Because it does
>>
>>34250345
>go shooting

Like this improves your combat effectiveness? You're doing like 10% of the work/training you need to be doing to be an effective warrior. Honestly you all probably just stand/sit there and shoot targets at 25-100 feet. Do you think in a gun battle you'll be standing in one place in the open firing slowly at stationary targets? If that's how you train you're actually worse off, you're training yourself to stand there frozen like a soldier in a musket line.
>>
>>34251125
>>34250497
he literally said
>sell me your sks first
You fucking moron
>>
>>34250345
i haven't fired most of my guns, but i still know how to use them. i shoot pretty rarely because it's expensive, you inhale lead, and it damages your hearing even with ear protection unless you have a suppressor.
>>
>>34255760
You are retarded.
>>
>>34255772
i hear that a lot on this board, i have an iq in the 150s and no learning disabilities to speak of. what specifically did you have a problem with? the hearing protection part? it's true.
>>
>>34255760
it doesnt damage ur hearing if you wear earpro that emits a high pitched white noise
>>
>>34255818
>an IQ in the 150's and no learning disabilities
No balls either, faggot pussy
>>
>>34255760
Oh for christ's sakes , go collect stamps then, pussy.
>>
>>34250345
Probably around 5-6 times a year. All my buddies are busy on my days off and the only nice place to go shooting is about 2/3 hours away.

During the winter time I shoot more often due to no gay fire warnings
>>
>>34255818
>>34255760
Got to be bait
>>
>>34258409
link me up
>>
I'll go once or twice a week when I get a new piece of gear, need to zero a gun, or after I make a mod to one of my defensive guns that I need to test. Usually I just dry practice like every other day and save up money that I would spend on ammo to go take training
>>
>>34259321

>How does NRR change decibels of exposure?

>When hearing protection is worn, your level of exposure to noise is based on the NRR rating of the protection device being used. Keep in mind, however, that while the NRR is measured in decibels, the hearing protector being used does not reduce the surrounding decibel level by the exact number of decibels associated with that protector’s NRR. For example, if you are at a rock concert where the level of noise exposure is 100 dB and you are wearing earplugs with an NRR 33dB, your level of exposure would not be reduced to 67 dB. Instead, to determine the actual amount of decibel deduction applied (when decibels are measured dBA which is the most common), you take the NRR number (in dB), subtract seven, and then divide by two. Given the previous example, your noise reduction equation would look like the following: (33-7)/2 = 13. This means that if you are at a rock concert with a level of noise exposure at 100 dB and you are wearing a hearing protector with an NRR 33 dB, your new level of noise exposure is 87 dB. If you are wearing a product with an NRR of 27 it would deduct 10 decibels (27-7/2=10).
http://www.coopersafety.com/earplugs-noise-reduction

most gunshots are between 140-190db

>repeated exposure to sounds at or above 85 decibels can cause hearing loss. The louder the sound, the shorter the amount of time it takes for NIHL to happen.
https://www.nidcd.nih.gov/health/noise-induced-hearing-loss

doubling up doesn't add the protection of both, you just add 5db to the rating of the muffs.

some anon said there were some electronic muffs available for a few k that had a crazy nrr, but no link was provided and i haven't seen them for sale anywhere.

>>34258966
but i like guns
>>
Regular routine is once/twice a month . With a full school schedule and working it's every other month. Funds are getting even tighter so it's time to either reload or start shooting more rimfire.
>>
>>34250345

Not at all in the summer, weekly in fall/winter/spring
>>
>>34255183
Suicide isn't worth it, dude. If you get the urge to stick that Mosin in your mouth then just take that 5k and go on a road trip or just go do something different. Godspeed.
>>
>>34250345
I think about it at least 4 or 5x a week, only do it once a week.
>>
File: Dragons_of_Middle_Earth.jpg (65KB, 1682x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons_of_Middle_Earth.jpg
65KB, 1682x500px
>>34255760
>"I haven't fired most my guns, but I still can use them effectively" maymay

No, you're a hoarder who doesn't shoot, knowing how to work the action isn't proficiency

>it's expensive
Poorfag, buy steel case in bulk ffs, unless your paycheck to paycheck tier you can afford once a month

>you inhale lead
Non issue, don't shoot all the time in a building with no ventilation

>damages hearing even with ear pro
And unless your job requires you to have a high hearing level, this is another non issue, double up on ear pro, shoot outdoors, and any hearing loss you'll have you won't notice at all in life

>>34255818
>I keep hearing that a lot
Because it's true

>I have an iq of 150
Doubt it, but even if you were, You're still be a fucking dumbass
>>
>>34251556
Nice combo
>>
File: exposure.jpg (8KB, 278x182px) Image search: [Google]
exposure.jpg
8KB, 278x182px
>>34259519
>repeated exposure to sounds at or above 85 decibels can cause hearing loss.

Yes, at 8 hours of exposure. The subtract 7 then divide by 2 also only applies for 8 hours exposure levels. NRR is more effective at shorter intervals.

Just wear your fucking hearing protection, dude.
>>
>>34250345
Once a week. It's just to practice with my CC, and only about 100 rounds each time. Better than nothing.
>>
>>34260067
even an nnr of 45 without accounting for it's actual decibel reduction and worn properly is going to bring a .308s report of 167db to 122db.
which your chart doesn't cover, so however many mags of that, plus what everyone else is shooting.

http://adaptivedefenseconcepts.com/1356-2/
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/03/robert-farago/todays-hearing-protection-doesnt-work-ttag-content-contest/

shooting while wearing foam plugs under peltors will still degrade your hearing, a significant amount of people who shoot guns here have tinnitus. it doesn't stop me from shooting, but it is a contributing factor to why i don't shoot much.
>>
>>34250345
1-2 a month, depending on if I do a competition or not.
I was dry firing every 3 days or so, but I have stopped.
>>
>>34260791
You seem like the type who wont eat apples due to their being trace amounts of cyanide in them.

Its a non issue dude, people shoot everyday for years with no noticable hearing loss. But whatever, youre a dumbfuck who refuses to accept he's making an issue out of nothing.
>>
>>34261116
>people shoot everyday for years with no noticable hearing loss

Yeah.. about that..

If they shoot every damn day they're gonna have hearing loss.
>>
>>34251125
How much would you sell that 1886 for, ive been looking for one, please let me try to buy jt.
>>
>>34261194
se God, let the HPA pass so I wont go deaf.
>>
File: 20170608_152414.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170608_152414.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>34260013

Thank you, good sir
>>
>>34250471
Nice M1 Garand!
>>
Whenever I get Sundays off I try and go out to the range with family. Haven't had a Sunday off work in over a month though. I don't even get Father's Day off this Sunday. Kinda want to become a cop just so I have access to a free range 24/7.
>>
>>34250345
Every morning. Every single morning before most folks wake up and before the exchange opens.
>>
Everyday.
>>
>>34250345
I usually fire off 10-20 rounds every week at laughably short distances. Have yet to go to a proper range but I have alittle bit of land I can shoot on.
>>
>>34250345
I don't shoot often at all, maybe 6 times a year. I don't have anywhere to go. Fucking sucks man.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.