[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I got a Ruger LCR and it's excellent. With standard pressure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 20170613_210839.jpg (1007KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_210839.jpg
1007KB, 2560x1536px
So I got a Ruger LCR and it's excellent. With standard pressure .38 Special ammo, it's very pleasant to shoot.

However, it's uncomfortable to shoot with +P ammunition. What are some good standard pressure .38 Special defensive loads?
>>
None, .38 Special standard pressure hits like a mosquito and have a frontal surface area too large for the energy it carries leading to piss poor penetration. The pressure increase with +P rounds is only a 10-15% increase, suck it up and buy the +P ones. The extra kick won't matter when the adrenaline kicks in anyway. If you absolutely must use standard pressure loads then look into rounds loaded with with Lehigh's Extreme Penetrators.
>>
>>34249381
buy a gun you can properly hold
>>
>>34249381
You fucked up, anon. Shoulda bought the 357 like me. The slight extra weight makes it very comfortable for shooting 38 special +P. 357 magnum can still hurt like a bitch after a while though but only around the 60 or 70 round mark.
>>
>>34249424

This guy is a retard, don't listen to him.

http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/revolver-ballistics-test/

There you go.
>>
>>34249436
I can properly hold my LCR. It's the light weight and short barrel that make shooting +P more annoying than it should.

>>34249605
Thanks. Hornady looks like the way to go.
>>
>>34249381
I have a LCR in 38, and I find it is easier to shoot Golden Saber 125gr +P than 158gr standard pressure.
>>
>>34249381
It's a snub revolver. They aren't pleasant to shoot. Shoot it enough to get comfy/confident and accurate with it then just shoot it enough to stay in practice.

Light loads for .38 which are cupcakes to shoot out of my sp101, which ia heavier than the lcp, are winchester white box 130grn fmjs for range day. They are really light. Wadcutters are also great and very pleasant to shoot, they are designed to be light target loads, they are also a great carry option for those who subscribed to fuddlore, because they "don't deform and the sharp edges help penetrate/smash bone" or some shit like that, when they are actually just light loads that are easy to follow up with

If you want good .38 loads look to the technology of yeateryear when people used .38 revolvers to kill all the time. Wadcutters, semi wadcutters, full lead hollowpoints(they expand better, no need for jackets cause they don't go fast enough), flat nose. I mean they're all still bullets and we didn't evolve skin resistant to all but +p and magnum calibers.

Heavier loads will maximize your small barrel, but kick more. Lighter loads require longer barrels to optimize their powder burn so you get less kick and way more flash because your powder is burning outside the barrel
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.