[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/, I've got this no-name ammo and I was wondering where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Hi /k/, I've got this no-name ammo and I was wondering where it may have come from. I'm a little confused since the little headstamp looks like an eszett from German. It's lacquered steel jacketed and it has a purple ring around the neck where the bullet and the casing meet. Any ideas?
>>
>>34245789
Niet komrade, buttlet is sealed, is higher quality.
>>
>>34245799
Sealed or otherwise it shoots fine. I was just curious since it was shipped as a loose pack box.
>>
457.2.mm/18-inch railway gun shell
>>
>>34245855
It's .223. I was interested in the manufacturer.
>>
>>34245789
Picture looks like wolf
>>
>>34246072
>Picture looks like a wolf

Clearly you've never seen a wolf before
>>
>>34245789
That's a golden tiger stamp. Golden tiger is top tier quality steel case ammo.
I'm guessing there's purple sealant around the bullet?
>>
>>34246091
>I'm guessing there's purple sealant around the bullet?
I guess I should have finished reading your post. But I already knew the answer.
>>
>>34246045
Golden Tiger according to the internet
>>
File: RussianAmmoHeadstamps2.jpg (97KB, 750x412px) Image search: [Google]
RussianAmmoHeadstamps2.jpg
97KB, 750x412px
>>34246105
forgot the pic
>>
File: media-20170613.jpg (156KB, 1618x915px) Image search: [Google]
media-20170613.jpg
156KB, 1618x915px
>>34246091
>>34246099
Yep, here's a shot of that.
>>34246105
Thanks. Interesting that it came in loose pack rather than in boxes.

I guess I got a score for getting it at 19CPR then, huh? Thanks /k/!
>>
File: _MG_3778.jpg (1MB, 1600x2133px) Image search: [Google]
_MG_3778.jpg
1MB, 1600x2133px
>>34246124
Where did you buy it from? Last years lot had a serious issue with hard primers, to the point SGAmmo was dumping boxes full of loose rounds for next to nothing because of it. The primers were fixed with the lots manufactured late in the year, which is what I'm going through right now. Out of about 800 fired so far I've had 8 FTF's, either due to faulty or hard primers, the problem lot last year was almost every round(if you didn't have enhanced firing pin for russian ammo).
>>
>>34246124
>I guess I got a score for getting it at 19CPR then, huh?
Yup, pretty good. You can get it online for 20c/r, but that's before shipping.
But I'm under the impression that some lots had harder primers, which is fine for a lot of guns like my rpk, but probably not ok for certain sporters or maybe even ARs. You might get some failure to fires.
>>
>>34246172
>>34246173
Yeah, it's the SGAmmo hard primer stuff. I fire them out of an AR-15. I preemptively got a Black Rifle Arms extended pin for like $10 so i could shoot this, and so far it's been fine. A few stovepipes, but I think it's because I shoot with a bag.
>>
>>34246202
>A few stovepipes, but I think it's because I shoot with a bag.
Yeah, for sure. It's chancy to have anything near the action to bounce off of. It's amazing how fast it can either bounce back in or just get stopped before it's out.
>>
>>34246216
The Caldwell bag I use is actually pretty good. I just get lazy and don't empty it between target changes.
>>
>>34246202

no such thing as hard primer.
>>
>>34246267
The ammo that SGAmmo sold had an issue where the primers weren't as sensitive to mechanical shock as they usually are. This lead to people having issues where they had failure to fire, as if they had had a light strike. This is why they called it 'hard primer'. It may not literally be a hard primer, but more force was required to make them go off.
>>
>>34245789
>it's always a fat NEET's hands
Why
>>
>>34246364
Rude. And probably because we're on a Malaysian zoetrope forum.
>>
>>34246084
not sure if trolling... but god I hope
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.