[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Universe where the M3 Greasegun and G3 are both post-war

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: Art_of_Fo4_pipe_gun_CA.jpg (122KB, 940x589px) Image search: [Google]
Art_of_Fo4_pipe_gun_CA.jpg
122KB, 940x589px
>Universe where the M3 Greasegun and G3 are both post-war canon
>Instead of picking stamping easy-to-produce tubeguns, someone is mass-producing weaponized 2x4's.

Why are FO4's weapons such garbage /k/? How would you have redesigned them?
>>
The pic has a caption in the top left that answers your question
>>
>>34243501
I think they wanted to be as radical a change as FO1 to FO 2, or 2 to 3
>>
>>34243513

>Knows nothing about guns
>Creates a reliable drum-fed magazine

A resourceful wastelander with no knowledge of guns would barely go bast a slamfire weapon.

A resourceful wastelander who does have knowledge of guns would just start producing Greaseguns or Stens.
>>
>>34243501
> covering up for the fact that they themselves know nothing about guns
Clever
>>
>Sergei's tasked with designing a simple and reliable shotgun
>Gets drunk of his ass and designs a rotating-cylinder toggle-locking monstrosity.
>>
Fallout 4 was dogshit.

Fallout 2>Fallout New Vegas>Fallout>Fallout Tactics>literally a pile of dogshit>Fallout 3>Fallout 4
>>
How is a wastelander going to assemble the heavy stamping machinery to reliably mass-produce firearms. He lives in a tar-paper shack by the irradiated river.
>>
>>34243617

Fallout 4 hasn't happened in my eyes. Fallout: Brazil is the last game in the series and canon.
>>
>>34243501
Why do you think that stamping is some simple manufacturing process? The Ak's were milled till 1959 because they couldn't get the process down without horrendous reject rates after the first versions. Plus you have to have he machinery and dies and power and know how to run said dies and machines. As someone pointed out above, the idea is that they're all firearms created by individuals or very small scale. They're retarded, sure, but what else do you expect from bethesda?
>>
>>34244251
>you get to the credits and it's exposed that nothing bad happened to Brazil other than time.
>>
>>34244112
DESU, if modern Filipinos in the middle of the jungle and Pakistanis in Khyber pass can assemble 1911s and and AKs of a quality varying from barely acceptable to indiscernible from factory examples, only using hand files and manual drills, a wastelander living in the ashes of the most advanced industrialized country in history should be able to figure something out.
>>
>>34243597
HEY! That's my raifu you're talking about!
>>
>>34243501
Two reasons. One, Bethesda knows literally nothing about guns. Two, they design the games as if it's been ten years since the war, not 200.
>>
>bethesda does the guns for fallout 3, where most are lore friendly and functional but there's some outliers (combat shotgun)
>obsidian does the guns for fallout NV, they're all lore friendly AND functional
>bethesda does the guns for fallout 4, most of them are non-functioning and are hideously out of place (pipe guns, assault rifle, gauss rifle)
what the fuck happened
>>
>>34243521
So is strapping dildos and dragon lube to everything.
>>
>>34243501
I like how the silencers and muzzle brakes are fucking 1980's level heavy industry perfect but strapped to slamfire/flintlock screw jobs
>>
>>34243501
Fallout is for normies.
Last of us is more in line with what it could be like at humanities twilight. Fallout is designed to be easy.
>>
>>34245532
>Fallout, a series where 90% of the playerbase have only played 2 of the 6 games, is for normies.
>The Last of Us, the biggest selling digital release for PS3 and 3rd best-selling PS3 title of all time, is apparently not
>>
>>34243597
I wanted to make a 3d model of this but the shotgun shells are way over sized not 12ga like in-game thy're more closer to 4ga
>>
>>34243501
FO4 is completely off in its own world compared to the rest of the series. It honestly feels like it was made by developers who wanted to make a game that took place soon after the apocalypse but were forced to make a Fallout game instead and did the bare minimum of research on the subject matter. At least there was somewhat of a reason for society not advancing much in FO3, but FO4 feels like society hasn't advanced because everyone is too preoccupied with shitty post apocalyptic LARPing to be concerned with advancing. It doesn't help that the game is basically designed so that the world revolves around you and the main quest that Bethesda wants you to do.
>>
>>34245317
I personally just pretend the Assault Rifle and the non-unique Gauss Rifle (along with th other horrendous guns) don't exist. The Combat Rifle is the only good medium-to-top-tier ballistic weapon that makes sense.
>>
>fallout 1 and 2 are focused on the societal effects of trying to rebuild society compared to the difficulty of overcoming human nature
>rich lore, worldbuilding, gameplay, history, and design
>fallout 3 and 4 are focused on the effects of one super special person on the world
>gameplay is flat and boring
>>
>>34245977
You left out New Vegas.
>>
>>34243501
>>>/v/
>>
>>34248017
If we wanted to get cancer and/or worsen our autism we'd go to /v/, but we don't.
>>
>>34243525
Fucking this. In fact do you know a mod that changes the skins of those weapons to just that?
>>
>>34243525
Do the vaults have on-site machine shops?

It seems like you'd want one if you were trying to keep a society going for a long period of time.
>>
>>34243525
>>34249228
I knew I couldn't be the only one pissed off about the relatively high quality of the pipe weapons in that game
>>
>>34243501
just made them less steampunky all around
>>
>>34243501
Massachusetts is a well known anti gun state. It's not really surprising that most of the weapons are improvised, at least till you get your skills up enough to raid national guard depots, or start killing veteran wastelanders who have real guns.
>>
>>34243513

Now I just have to wonder why the fuck they would approach it like that.
>>
File: ServiceRifle.png (816KB, 3000x800px) Image search: [Google]
ServiceRifle.png
816KB, 3000x800px
>>34245317
>fallout NV, they're all lore friendly AND functional
wdhmbt
>>
>>34243525

Much as I hate Fallout 4 (partly for the gear, mostly for the story and dialogue), they really didn't do themselves any favors when designing the perk system. If you don't put any points in Gun Nut, and can't really upgrade your weapons, then the pipe guns can kind of be rationalized as they said. No drum or suppressor, no/shitty scope, no automatic receiver, etc. Once Gun Nut is unlocked, then obviously you'd be more knowledgeable about firearms and you could make the more complex upgrades work. But at that point, of course, you wouldn't use a wood-framed pipe weapon. But the gun is still in the game, and you'd have the skill to modify it at that point so... What were they gonna do? It's not like you have to keep using it, but if they didn't give you the option of modding it more it would be a bit silly.
>>
>>34250372

Those were produced post-war by the NCR, a nation that lacks much of the technical sophistication of the pre-war USA but still has some ability to mass produce equipment. One can assume they're meant to be handed out en-mass to a large military force, and that the NCR can't handle the production or maintenance of more complex weapons on that scale. Plus, given that the military mostly has to deal with protecting caravan routes from raiders or conflicts with tribals, they don't need a more powerful weapon. Besides, when they do run into trouble they have more elite forces like power-armored troops and the rangers. Also they do have squad support weapons such as the game's LMG at their disposal.
>>
>>34250228
Its a militarized zone. This is notable by all the checkpoints and power Armour lying about.
Further this is not modern Massachusetts 280 years later. This is cold war Massachusetts with nuclear family ideals.
>>
>>34243597
>A beautiful rotating-cylinder toggle-locking shotgun
FTFY
>>
>>34245916

Bethesda has long preferred playing up the "just after the apocalypse and 1950s retro feel" as opposed to the old Fallout 1/2/Tactics depicting more the rise of civilization with only the slightest veneers of the old.

Then again Obsidian pretty much did the same thing.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.