[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be ok if I wiped off my ammo individually with ballistol?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4409.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4409.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
Would it be ok if I wiped off my ammo individually with ballistol? Only reason being is I have 2 spare mags for my handgun in a gun case with foam bc I don't really have anywhere else to put them, I just didn't want the ammo to rust up or anything
>>
What are you doing to cause them to rust? Unless you are drinking them in mud or some shit everyday; there is no need to clean them.
>>
It won't hurt it, but it won't hurt it to leave them alone either. I mean the soviets jizzed over everything with cosmoline but thats because they figured the stuff would be in storage for decades
>>
>>34242598
Padded / foam cases can trap condensation from the air, even if looks dry when you put it away

Only an issue for long term or if you live somewhere really humid though
>>
>>34242586
Oil on the ammo means you'll get oil in your magazine and thus on your feed lips.
Oil on the feed lips is the fast track to having inertia feeds aka double feeding of live cartridges.

Ammo and mags should always be dry.
>>
>>34242586
Hijacking this thread for my own question:

I like to buy remington 9mm range buckets (350 rounds), but I have noticed there are small brass particles in my gun when cleaning. I looked in the bucket and the particles are all over the rounds because they are knocking around in there.

Would it be ok to rinse all the rounds in a strainer and dry off with a towel? Will water do anything to affect the integrity of the rounds?
>>
>>34242586
No, modern lubricants are designed to penetrate and can foul the primer/powder and cause the round not to fire...get new ammo, even if you have to save for it
>>
>>34242869
>Would it be ok to rinse all the rounds in a strainer
No it would not be ok.
You'd ruin a perfectly good strainer.
>>
>>34243168
let's assume I have a strainer just for boolits
>>
>>34243197
Who the fuck owns a bullet-strainer? Fucking WOP.
>>
>>34243211
Don't answer my question and just keep being a fag, that's just dandy thank you very much
>>
>>34242855
Is that an actual thing that happens? The gun would have to recoil atleast (assuming no friction) the length of the cartridge while the slide is back to achieve an inertia feed.
>>
>>34243823
On semi auto handguns it's a thing
The frame doesn't move from recoil until the slide hits the full length of it's travel
Something people don't realize is that a handgun slide bottoms out every shot, when it does that's when the recoil causes the whole gun to try to climb.
Newton says the bullet directly under the feed lip tries to stay where it was
The only thing trying to keep it against the feed lips is the mag spring, a weak spring is the most common cause of inertia feeds.
However, if oil or grease are on the feed lips they lose their friction, the round has the potential to slide out from under the feed lips, no bueno.
Being as lubricating the ammo and mags provides no benefits and potentially could cause double feeds, as well as attract more dust and dirt, it's prudent to keep them dry.
>>
>>34243823
It would only have to move the distance of the feed lips, which is not very long on most guns
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.