[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The vast majority of people who carry handguns for "protection"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: pistol cartridges.jpg (48KB, 1000x451px) Image search: [Google]
pistol cartridges.jpg
48KB, 1000x451px
The vast majority of people who carry handguns for "protection" will never shoot for blood. Their guns only serve to give them peace of mind. Therefore, the question of which cartridge is deadliest is a moot point.
>>
>>34241476
It's not, since choice of cartridge contributes greatly to that peace of mind. But overall I can agree.
>>
>>34241476
thanks for the advice, i'm going to start carrying a G42
>>
>>34241611
>>34241628
When I realized how unlikely I was to ever need a handgun, I sold my carry piece. I still keep a 22 rifle for sport shooting and a 270 for hunting, but I just don't need a handgun.
>>
I go back and forth between carrying a 9mm and a .45, and i trust both of them to wreck asses if I'm in danger. I think the difference is negligible and people who swear by one or the other are probably retarded.
>>
10mm is best
>>
>not carrying a 5.56 AR pistol
>>
>>34241476
Thats why I carry a P238. 380 may not be a "manstopper like muh Fawty Five", but I can magdump 8 rounds with good accuracy, and I can carry the pistol with any article of clothing I own, even in the summer weather. Not to mention it came with 2 spare mags, and theyre small and thin enough to fit in my asscrack, which is the perfect place for them.
>>
>>34241476
pretty much
>>34241703
>not carrying a 50 beowulf AR pistol
>>
>>34241730
>not carrying an .338 Lapua Magnum pistol
>>
>>34241681
Than what the fuck are you even doing here
>>
>>34241689
>>34241718
As long as it's reliable and the round penetrates you're gucci, carry whatever you want (stupid shit like derringers not withstanding). Of course people will argue "which is best?", but only because it's mildly entertaining for those who haven't grown tired of such bullshit yet (they eventually will).

I carry 7-8+1 of 45 with a backup mag or two at all times and have never felt any lack of confidence when I get freaked out walking around town (mostly just a homeless guy or crackhead).
>>
>>34241476
The most conservative number, which is based on a rabid anti gun group says that there are 70k defensive gun uses every year in the us. Some numbers put it at 4.5 million per year. I personally believe that they're somewhere in between. This of course counts displays as DGUs. Don't discount the idea that the gun in your waistband may matter some day because if there are 1 million per year that means that you have a 1 in 330 chance. Except that only 40% of all households have guns. And then what percentage of households have guns ready to be used defensively? How many people are carrying daily? Having a gun is a huge part of the battle, but you may end up using it and I just hope it's not 22.
>>
>>34242470
Just go with the center for disease controls 300,000 figure.
>>
File: 50calPistol.jpg (47KB, 660x439px) Image search: [Google]
50calPistol.jpg
47KB, 660x439px
>>34242363
Not carrying the Thunder .50BMG handgun with Raufoss Mk 211 rounds.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.