[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In all honesty, what is of better quality: >Poverty tier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7550.jpg (77KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7550.jpg
77KB, 1200x1200px
In all honesty, what is of better quality:
>Poverty tier akm
>Russian sks
>>
>>34239963
Feel like the SKS is a better choice because you can actually buy them with all their original parts. Not like AKs that get modified for import, and then remodified back to their old setup, save for the full auto.
>>
>>34239963
depends on what you're looking for. all the metal parts on the sks are milled. the cheaper aks will have a stamped receiver which will start to fail at around 100k rounds. a lot of the cheaper aks made in the us dont have chf chrome lined barrels either. it'll never matter for most people though unless you're shooting a shit ton
>>
>>34239963
SKS is higher quality but less practical
>>
>>34239963
SKS are no longer cheap
>poverty SKS
>poverty AKM
the choice is clear
>>
An AR.
>>
>>34240354
>a stamped receiver which will start to fail at around 100k rounds.

Find me one single case where a gun has been fed more than 60k rounds. At that point, the stamped receiver is the least of your issues
>>
>>34243493
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/06/03/how-many-rounds-can-an-ak-fire-before-it-breaks-down/

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_64/159106_AK_abuse__home_built_version_update_on_Page_6_.html&page=1
>>
>>34243502
This is without a doubt a cherry pick. OP isnt going to be renting out guns and the average owner isnt going to put more than 30k in a gun. But i did say to show me a single point. So here your (you)
>>
>>34243537
Not him, but it's no less cherry picked than the "mud tests" people drone on about.
Battlefield LV has has dozens of stamped AKs go through their firing line, so I defer to them to know what holds up and what doesn't.
>They still haven't shot out a WASR barrel iirc, it's the headspace or receiver/trunnions that fail.
>>
>>34243555
Oh i know. Thats why i give him the credit for proving me wrong. Mud tests are imo completely based on random results and you cant infer from one test.
Amaxing though on the wasr. The article itself is interesting in how milled aks go faster in some cases and yugos just break in half
>>
>>34243571
>>34243571
>Thats why i give him the credit for proving me wrong
Oh, I misunderstood then.
>how milled aks go faster in some cases
Just like the mud tests, it just give ammo to the "milled is inherently better" crowd.
Not that it's not, it just a trade off.
>yugos just break in half
The real tragedy, as I love Yugos.
Would like to see them get some Two Rivers built kit guns and see if they hold up any better.
>>
>>34243601
Well i have two Mak 90s and a shitty little RAS47 that i got from a freiend for too cheap to pass up. The article says the chinese Maks seem to hold up and it makes me feel a little better about my dogshit century. I really wanted an Npap nect but it looks like i might just buy a romi kit and build one of them
>>
>>34239963
I'm in the market for something in 7.62x39 because I want to shoot cheap steel case ammo. I was really considering a WASR just for the hell of it but /akg/ calls you a faggot if you mention it and then tells you to buy an Arsenal. It'd stupid in my mind to sink Arsenal money into a gun just to get a new round to shoot at the range, so I've been leaning towards the SKS lately, myself.
>>
>>34243646
>listening to what people on a bosnian milk tasting website care about.

Just get the wasr. Its a lot better than an sks and you wont regret it. Sks are very high in price rn. Wait until the go back down to buy one. As far as those prissy purist on AKG, just tell them to fuck off. Half of them dont even use the rifles they own for anything other than photos
>>
>>34243646
>considering a WASR just for the hell of it but /akg/ calls you a faggot if you mention it
Bullshit.
It's the go to entry AK, and everyone in /akg/ will tell you the same.
107FRs are pretty much unavailable currently, but the 107R/107-11 (fixed stock variant with 14/1LH muzzle threading) are around for only $100-200 more than a WASR.
So they are an option.
>>
>>34243686
Well a few months ago when I was looking to buy one and mentioned a WASR, I got told to buy an Arsenal because it was "just a few hundred more" and to stop being a poorfag.
>>
>>34243698
Obviously you cant handle bantz. Is it possible youre reatrded or just a child?
>>
>>34243733
Probably just retarded, imo.
>>
>>34243698
That's believable, but one opinion is just that.
Was it an anon or a tripfag who said this?
And was it during day/k/are hours?
The more elitist /akg/ fags seem to think you need dimples for it to be a "real" AK, which is retarded.

Either way, get a WASR if that's what you want. It will outlast you, if you halfway take care of it.
Get some Golden Tiger from SG Ammo too, it's going for dirt cheap right now.
>~$220 a case shipped
Pick up a few steel surplus mags from AIM or Arms of America, and you'll be set.
>Stay away from South Korean and Croatian (Sometimes touted as "from Zastava") mags.
Surplus only
>>
>>34239963
Depends on the AK but a Russian SKS will be better quality and will last longer. A cheap AK is an AK and therefore has more dakka/shorter OAL.

If I wanted firepower I'd prefer the AK.
If I wanted quality and long term durability I'd prefer the SKS.
>>
>>34240627
250 in Canada bud
>>
>>34240354
>it'll never matter for most people
it'll never matter for anyone unless you are operating an extremely high trafficked rental range
>>
>>34245272
but what if ur a starving african child who is kidnapped and placed into a warlord's army and given an ak from the 50s with 99k rounds through it already
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.