[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you quick draw and fire a single action if it's decocked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: blackhawk.jpg (675KB, 4057x2254px) Image search: [Google]
blackhawk.jpg
675KB, 4057x2254px
How do you quick draw and fire a single action if it's decocked in the holster? Is there a method or is it something western movies just overlook?
>>
>>34239377
You cock it as you draw it? I know this gets thrown around a lot, but are you actually autistic?
>>
>>34239377
black magic, its something all cowboy and bandits in the west know
>>
>>34239384
No need be like that, I'm asking if that's the case. Is it a single motion that people usually do with one hand as they draw it?
>>
The general idea is that you sweep your open hand over the top of the gun on your way to the grip. Basically the web of your thumb depresses the hammer, think of it like a back and down motion on your draw rather than straight down to the grip. Look up cowboy action shooting on youtube
>>
>>34239417
Thanks
>>
>>34239417
Pull the trigger as you're doing this, so when you let go of the hammer it auto fires.
>>
>>34239407
You pull the gun and you cock it as its coming out of the holster. Not sure what you mean by single motion, but yes its one handed

>>34239417
Thats called fanning and it was basically a circus invention as far as I can tell. Its used today in some cas but it would be super impractical if you weren't shooting mousefart loads
>>
File: Bob_Munden burns.jpg (395KB, 600x873px) Image search: [Google]
Bob_Munden burns.jpg
395KB, 600x873px
Bob Munden. You have to be Bob Munden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gWaBimM0Us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcZHVspVIDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GflTkHaigo
>>
>>34239503
Fanning is with the off hand. It takes a modified revolver, slapping the hammer puts a lot of stress on the lockwork. You generally need a .38 SAA bored out to .45 to keep the cylinder light enough to reduce the momentum, and you need to beef up the index block. Plus shooting at that angle is brutal on your wrist with real loads, and hard on a modded gun. The technique I referenced is a bit slower than fanning but should work well on an unmodified gun. You still need to bring the gun to a proper firing grip before you pull the trigger though
>>
>>34239639
that's insane looking.
is he faster than miculek?
or apples and oranges
>>
>>34239689
Different disciplines really. Bob was focused like a laser on SAA style guns and exhibition type shooting while Jerry has a much broader mastery of varying shooting disciplines.
>>
>>34239377
Jesus fuck have you even considered watching someone do it perhaps?
It's not rocket surgery.
>>
>>34240015
idk anyone who shoots cowboy guns
>>
Because you look like you have special needs I went ahead and put in the 0.5 seconds of effort to find you a you tube channel dedicated to teaching fast draw. here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gunfytr45/videos
>>
>>34239466
That's fanning and it's pretty shit unless you practice a lot. It's substantially easier to use two hands with the off hand cocking the hammer if you want to shoot fast AND hit
>>
>>34240022
You are on the INTERNET it is a handy invention, you should look into it sometime.
Youtube is a thing you know...
>>
Question. Is CAS actually practical for self defense? I dont doubt youd be better off going for something more traditional, but like if ISIS attacked a supermarket with some Bob Munden motherfucker in it are they fucked?

>>34239377
checked
>>
>>34239377
You start the draw action moving your hand over the hammer to cock as part of the draw.

>>34239407
yes
>>
>>34240446
>if ISIS attacked a supermarket with some Bob Munden motherfucker in it are they fucked?

yes
>>
>>34239377
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ_7br_3y54
>>
>>34240209
Fanning is doing it more than once
>>
>>34240891
Not really, also not that guy. What you do is hold the gun in you dominate hand. Then cock with your other hand, then pull the trigger. Your not firing hand is only braced to keep you thumb in position. I don't know how well it would work with magnum cartridges though. Probably end up taking you thumb nail off. Fanning is pretty hard on guns that are meant for it.

>>34239377
Don't cock your gun until it is clear of your holster and leg. As that is a really easy way to shoot yourself. For practicing just put primers in a case then stick the end in a sheet of wax. That way if you "shoot" yourself it won't be fatal. Also most of that shooting wasn't really a reality in the wild west. You would just get shot in an alley or though the back of your head.
>>
>>34240446
Those quick draw guys can put a bullet into a chest sized target in fractions of a second. It ain't always applicable, but .45 on target that fast is gonna do damage
>>
>>34241184
But also those loads are light ass 90 gn 38's loaded to like sub 800 fps. Still deadly but hardly powerful.
>>
>>34241176
>Not really, also not that guy. What you do is hold the gun in you dominate hand. Then cock with your other hand, then pull the trigger. Your not firing hand is only braced to keep you thumb in position. I don't know how well it would work with magnum cartridges though. Probably end up taking you thumb nail off. Fanning is pretty hard on guns that are meant for it.

Yeah, no shit. That's not what I said do though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.