[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cheap to build >reliable >somewhat accurate >fun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1585.jpg (418KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1585.jpg
418KB, 1400x1050px
>cheap to build
>reliable
>somewhat accurate
>fun to use

Why aren't guns like the M3A1, STEN etc, being made for the civilian market in semi auto, closed bolt version?

I would gladly pay 200 bucks for one.
>>
Idk if it would be worth it. The barrel would be 16 inches so that kinda ruins the compact part of the gun. It wouldn't be fun if it was just semi auto as well.

However, it might still be cheap to build but not a market for such guns
>>
>>34236235
Could build em as pistols like the mac10s
>>
>>34236214
Because in the current market, the Semi auto bolts are like $300+ by themselves
>>
>>34236251
What about the magazine part? I thought the magazine was used as a grip for the gun, so wouldn't the magazine be counted as a vertical grip, thus making it an sbs?
>>
>>34236281
Sbr*** fuck bud
>>
>>34236214
>Why aren't guns like the M3A1, STEN etc, being made for the civilian market in semi auto, closed bolt version?
>I would gladly pay 200 bucks for one.
because building guns who were designed to be fired form open bolt in closed bolt is a big struggle
also, nowone can produce and sell semi auto sten guns for 200 bucks
Grease Guns are even more complicated to build, because of the 2 reciever halfs
the chinks needed more then half a year to reverse-engineer the Greaser
>>
>>34236281
It's a magazine well, not a foregrip. Same as an AR pistol.
>>
>>34236281
Couldn't that argument be made for any pistol with a forward magazine?
>>
File: tec9#3.jpg (962KB, 3029x2236px)
tec9#3.jpg
962KB, 3029x2236px
>>34236281
>so wouldn't the magazine be counted as a vertical grip
so, every Tec 9 is now an SBR?
>>
>>34236281
Nope. Not a SBR. Look at ak or ar pistols.
>>
File: nnnmnn.jpg (204KB, 1215x911px)
nnnmnn.jpg
204KB, 1215x911px
>>34236214
because it isn't economically viable to manufacture, market, and sell a gun that will only be bought by a niche group of autists?

also, things like pic related exist
>>
>>34236281

This was part of the '94 ban, but it's gone now.

Magazine wells outside the grip are fine now.
>>
>>34236360

I honestly have no idea if that's a stupid idea for a gun or a great idea that just looks stupid.
>>
>>34236214
>I would gladly pay 200 bucks for one.
For the bajillionth time, they are not that cheap to make. Hi Point carbines use newer techniques for lowering the prices of the guns (such as casting the bolt to reduce the necessary machining steps) and they cost more than that. MAC 11s, which mass produced semi auto M3 grease guns/PPS-43s would be more comparable to, are available in the $300-$400 range and STENs would cost even more due to requiring more machining. Just because something was the cheapest option over half a century ago doesn't make it the cheapest option today, and something being simple to produce in a small machine shop like the STEN definitely doesn't make it the best suited for mass production. If semi auto STENs/M3 grease guns/PPS-43s were as cheap to produce today as idiots commonly believe they would be, then companies like Hi Point would be making them instead of newer designs.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.