[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw youll never be a dragoon whats the closest a man can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_1083.jpg (46KB, 324x329px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1083.jpg
46KB, 324x329px
>tfw youll never be a dragoon
whats the closest a man can get to that feel today?
>>
>>34231402
nothing legally stopping you from owning all that stuff and learning to ride horses
>>
>>34231402
>dragoon
wut
>>
Mountain your momma cause shes a horse if you know what i mean
>>
>>34231409
>t. amerifag
i dont have that sort of freedom
>>
>>34231409
> but you can't cut, gun, or run down modern savages without a "trial" these days senpai
>>
>>34231402
>whats the closest a man can get to that feel today?
learning to ride a horse, buying all the period correct gear, stampeding into a crowd of your enemies, being shot by police.

pretty easy man, get to it
>>
>>34231421
He meant Dragon
>>
>>34231421
summer pls
>>
>>34231402
DRAGOON BEST FLOOR TANK NUMBER 1!!!!!!!!
>>
>>34231444
No he didn’t. Are you a faggot? Use google.
>>
File: Filename Pending (5).jpg (16KB, 292x229px) Image search: [Google]
Filename Pending (5).jpg
16KB, 292x229px
@34231451
The worst thing about the summer is constantly labeling anything you don't like as "summer"
>>
>>34231428
You cant own a horse, sabre and a brace of dragoon pistols?
>>
welp it was a nice thread for about 5 seconds
>>
>>34231473
>@34241451
summer pls
>>
File: 32432432434.gif (2MB, 331x197px) Image search: [Google]
32432432434.gif
2MB, 331x197px
>>34231473
>>
An ATV is infinitely better... doesn't require outrageous feed/vet bills, doesn't need daily maintenance, can be loaded into a full size pickup, and doesn't attract psycho horse women.

>strap ar-15 on honda or yamaha (or kek-tier Polaris with hkmr556)
>you are modern day dragoon tear-assing across rough terrian while engaging enemies with a carbine.
>>
>"Dragoon"
>Noun
>Definition: a member of any of several cavalry regiments in the British army.
>>
>tfw teacher
>tfw this little no gunz feelz fucks invade my shitposting zone
>>
>>34231513
Well trained horses are truely superiour to ICE vehicles in really rough terrain.

That said dualsport bikes>quads.
>>
>>34231543

True, but only in the roughest of terrain which people always go overkill on what the terrain is really like.

I will take my chances on the quad (or dual sport if you are a biker) over anything that shits, eats, and can easily kill you if spooked. I had a Tennessee Walking Horse at birth, was on the saddle as a toddler, and riding as a kid, and I'm glad to be out of the horse world.

Modern ATV or Dual-Sport with GPS/Cell can get you coast to coast in America with great speed compared to a horse.
>>
>>34231434
Yeah you can, no trial if you get killed or dont get caught
>>
>>34231661
Yeah, if for some reason id have to travel hundreds of miles quickly or carry loads or more than 1 passenger id prefer a quad or a bike

If nothing but short bursts of speed or silence is required id still want the horse.

Dense vegetation is good for horses too, anywhere that is either too narrow, can high center a quad on brush or is too steep for a bike.
>>
You could keep a horse in a pasture with water and grass and leave it. Horses are very cheap maintenance wise compared to fourwheelers
>>
>>34231402
lavgoon
>>
>>34231727
and if your horse breaks down you have meat, if your four wheeler breaks down you have scap
>>
File: Napoleonic dragoons.jpg (49KB, 351x466px) Image search: [Google]
Napoleonic dragoons.jpg
49KB, 351x466px
>dragoon
You don't need a horse.
>>
File: 1496070137405.jpg (113KB, 858x472px) Image search: [Google]
1496070137405.jpg
113KB, 858x472px
>>34231473
Excellent bait, (you) earned this.
>>
>>34231402

Special forces will occasionally ride horses near or into battle.

>>34231437
Or you could be an actual mounted policeman and stampede into a riot legally.
>>
>>34233354
>tfw you will never put protesters to the saber while wearing a cuirass.
>>
>>34231727
I come from a family of horse breeders and I can tell you have no idea what you're talking about.
Even if you're actually involved in the business and have a good working relationship with another horse breeder you're going to have to pay up the arse for a good horse.
If you're a first time horse buyer most decent breeders are going to be very careful with you, because most first timers are complete retards who'll end up neglecting and abusing their horses.
You're going to have to deal with these people, because the kind of shiteater that would sell you a horse cheaply without giving a damn where it goes is probably just trying to offload a diseased wreck on you that you'll either have to put down or spend a fortune trying to save.
Adding to the initial good chunk of money you'll spend on the horse itself you're going to need regular dealings with a farrier who'll probably try to overcharge you since you have no clue and they're all thieves.
Since something will inevitably go wrong even if you do everything right you'll need a vet sooner or later and those niggers expect good money for their services.
Unless you know and trust someone who is willing to carry you through the process you should never attempt horse ownership, because you will fuck it up and regret it.
>>
>>34233412
>All horse women are crazy

True that my friend.
>>
Mechanized infantry i.e. dudes onna Bradley.
>>
>>34233412
>all horse women are crazy

Abso-fucking-lutely
>>
lancers were better
>>
>>34233212
This. Dragoons were mobile line infantry or skirmishers who rode to the front. They generally fought on foot.
>>
Take up pentathlon.
>>
>>34231402
Dragoons were shit tier peacekeeping forces that poor cavalrymen were shuffled into, I don't see why you would want to be one over a Cuirassier or a Hussar.
>>
>>34231473
>@34231451
jej
>>
File: j3btqonytjcy.jpg (72KB, 624x434px) Image search: [Google]
j3btqonytjcy.jpg
72KB, 624x434px
>>34231402
Get a horse.

People give horses away. That's how I got my first one, and with a little work she was excellent for just riding around.
>tfw free racking horse
>tfw a racking horse is probably the smoothest riding horse ever bred and you get to pretend you're a plantation owner when you ride one
>>
>>34231434
Go to Africa.
>>
>>34236853
Where the fuck do you live where they are just giving out free horses?
>>
Brazilian riot police
>>
>>34231402
As >>34231409 says, whats stopping you? Take historic fencing lessons. Learn to shoot black powder. Learn to ride. You can easily be a weekend dragoon.

>>34231428
If you're Euro, you actually have an easier time getting into it as reenacting the period is mainstream.

>>34231434
Savages? Dragoons are for killing proper soldiers.
>>
>>34236875
North Cakalakky. Dumb rednecks buy horses, can't take care of them, and either give them away or sell them for next to nothing.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.