[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do rifle cartridges come in boxes of 20 when magazines have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: pmag.jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pmag.jpg
92KB, 800x600px
Is it so you have to buy another box of ammo to fill your mag?
>>
>>34229870
because 3 boxes fills 2 mags
and because i drive my car on the parkway but i park it in the driveway
>>
Why do hotdogs come in packs of 10 but buns in packs of 8?
>>
what kind of tard isn't buying in bulk to begin with
>>
>>34229870
Just do like everybody else, and only buy 20rd mags
>>
I'm just talking out of my ass here, but it's what I believe
It was the BAR and it's damn 20 round mags
>>
>the world may never know..
>>
>>34229906
>20 rnd mags
What next? 10 round? 5 round? ONLY ONE IN THE CHAMBER?
>>
Because ammo manufacturers know you only shoot about 100 rounds a year anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>34229887
So you buy more. 40 will be the smallest common multiple.
>>
Not all magazines are 30 rounds, dumbass.
>>
>>34229870
mil ammo comes in boxes of 30 rounds.
3 stripper clips loaded with ten rounds each, inside a cardboard sleeve,
just like your favourite meal, (hot pockets)
>>
File: DD_magazine.jpg (253KB, 2000x800px) Image search: [Google]
DD_magazine.jpg
253KB, 2000x800px
hmmm
>>
>>34229967
I never have seen the point in these
>>
>>34229870
My 5.45x39 comes in boxes of 30.
>>
>>34229980
so superstitious psople can just load 30 rounds and there isn't as much pressure on the feed lips
>>
>>34229980
dunno either. But a gun store near me had them on sale so I bought one to see how it runs, so far so good after a couple hundred rounds
>>
>>34230007
Oh.
Is that why I've seen some faggots in Youtube comments talking about downloading their mags by two rounds for some god forsaken reason?
>>
>>34230020
Idiots think loading mags to capacity wears out the spring.
>>
>>34230079
that and they're to afraid to handle their rifle like a tool so they don't insert the mag properly thus they think they have some mechanical flaw and they compensate for it by under-loading the mags
>>
>>34230104
This is more what it was in reference to; ease of loading mags on a closed bolt.
>>
>>34230079
I'm sure there's a special brand of retard that does.

The real reason for doing so is to let there be room for the bolt carrier to press down so you can +1 or reload without slapping dat ass.

Reloading on empty with bolt back is obviously not tactical enough
>>
>>34230154
it's not even that goddamn hard with a full 30 on a closed bolt, and there's always the slap if they don't have the arm strength to push it in. Now if they were trying to win fastest reload championship then I might see what they're going for, but seriously come on.
>>
File: k31-ammo.jpg (80KB, 1000x573px) Image search: [Google]
k31-ammo.jpg
80KB, 1000x573px
why do cases come in 480, boxes of 10 and mags hold 6?
>>
I solved this dilemma by getting a soviet surplus 40 round magazine for my wasr. EZ PZ.
>>
>>34230506
The older stuff came in multiples of six. The newer stuff comes in boxes of 10 because it's for the Sturmgewehr 57, which feeds from a 20 or 30 round box magazine, although 24 round box magazines exist. The latter are a consideration on the multiples of six ammunition of yonder.
>>
>>34229870
Because Stoner built a rifle for 20 rounds
>>
>>34229887
buns go bad faster than the dogs
>>
>>34230545
makes sense but it's still annoying AF
>>
>>34230567
>it's still annoying AF
only if your an autist
>>
>>34229897
Came here to say this.

Your an idiot...just like everyone else who starts this stupid fucking thread.
>>
>>34230580
where do you think you are?
>>
>>34229870

Who the fuck buys the packs of 20? If you're not buying by the hundreds, that means you're poor, should stop shooting.

Also, blame the jews.
>>
>>34230567
Chill dude.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.