[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm currently debating between the CZ P10 and the FN 509,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: GunSex.jpg (238KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
GunSex.jpg
238KB, 1080x1080px
I'm currently debating between the CZ P10 and the FN 509, anybody have any input? I've also been looking at the ppq because of the rebate. This will be a carry gun.
>>
P10 is a meme trash reddit gun. The 509 is actually really good.
>>
Hk. Hur dur.
>>
FN is good. CZ is good.

Walther is better.
>>
>>34229291
Maybe a gun that is readily concealable in clothes that isn't a trench coat.
>>
>>34229485
I'm also 6'2" and 260
>>
>>34229596
Well shit nigga, USP 45 or something hammer fired.
>>
>>34229607
No.
>>
>>34229291
Beretta APX
>>
>>34229291
Canik TP9
>>
>>34229607
I thought about the p-07

>>34229663
wicked
>>
>>34229461
the opposite is true
>>
>>34229672
Some anon just posted his p07 the other day and his rails were getting peened. Id recommend going to an LGS and holding or trying to rent a few different guns and make your decision like that. HK p2000 is a nice carry gun to consider if the USP is too much.
>>
>>34229676
are they both good?
>>
>>34229748
I fired the p-07 and quite a few others, the only ones I haven't are the p10 and 509, I really liked the ppq.
>>
>>34229748
Oh God.
>>
>>34229763
Get whatever you feel most comfortable with. The gun is less important than the training/skills you are able to acquire. Make sure you get a ton of ammo and shoot what you plan on carrying.
>>
>>34229790
That's the plan after this horrid decision in which I'll probably end up getting all 3
>>
>>34229835
That's usually how it works lol, whatever you choose make sure you get a good holster and belt to go with it. A $10 walmart belt might work but there are better options that will feel much more comfortable.
>>
Anybody know anywhere I can get the p10 from? and is there a good time to buy pistols, like fluctuations in the market?
>>
Are all of those guns decent carry guns?
>>
>>34230211

GunBroker.

As for CZ there is literally never a good time, they just get their shipments in the US at the most random ass times. Your best bet is to monitor GunBroker and see if it is suddenly flooded with a few stores selling seven or eight of the rarer guns (97, P10, Shadow 2, etc.) That is usually an indicator that CZ USA has sent out their latest shipment to the wholesalers who in turn have sent them to the LGS.
>>
>>34230572
same for ppq and 509? a buy it now ppq is 510, is that not worth it?
>>
>>34230727

Do comparative shopping and look for old stock/NIB and see for yourself but GunBroker will almost always be the fastest way to get what you want outside of a private sale sincs LGS can drag their feet.
>>
>>34230727
You should go for the PPQ if you're looking for a good deal since they've got a $100 mail-in rebate going on right now.
>>
>>34230758
I'm just new to this and trying to get a feel for the market.
>>
>>34230827
In general gunbroker will show what you should expect on the market, and is also usually a safe option when you decide to buy as long as the shipping and transfer fees balance themselves out.
Otherwise it's still good research for when you check around locally.
>>
>>34230853
I live in BFN so there aren't many good LGS
>>
>>34230853

This.

It's great because you can do the math and use this as a point to touch base when haggling over the price of the gun.

A couple things to note for the future are:

- The for sale price is not the actual MSRP, even if the manufacture actively advocates that price. Usually most LGS get their guns from a whole distributor for considerably less.
- Old stock. This is a term for guns that an LGS has but can't sell for one reason or another. If you see that same Walther at your local LGS for three months, it is burning a hole in the owners pocket and they are much more willing to haggle. Just an example.
- Never mention "but I can get it online for..." just start talking to them about the price and begin haggling. If they can't hit what you want after a while immediately ask how much they charge for an FFL and say you are going to buy the gun right now with your Smartphone and if they are willing to do the transfer for you.

The last piece of advice seems shitty but most LGS owners are dickhole fudds, so fuck em. By doing this you put them in a lose-lose situation. This forces them into an situation where they will have to lower their price to something that you find agreeable or they will not do the FFL and consequently lose out on essentially free money therefore they will pick one or the other and ultimately you get what you want either through the online transfer or from the store itself.
>>
>>34231005
I'll give it a go
>>
>>34229291
Two absolutely tasteless guns... I'm a fan of FN but the 509 is a tacticool monstrosity. There's no reason to have 5 different textures on a gun. Same goes for the new CZ. The FNS is a classy looking gun though.

If you're a tacticooly and you like dem textures, you're pretty much deciding between hammer and striker fire. Can't be up to me to decide which ones better for you.
>>
>>34231245
They are both striker...
>>
>>34229291
I bought both OP. I also have traded both back in already. My advice is just get a Glock but since you're not going to:

The 509 is a more refined gun with a much better grip shape. The 509 also takes SIG sights so you can slap the x-ray 3 sights on it. It has a match crown on the barrel and it looks goods. I liked the 509 but I called FN 3 times, different days and different time of day and could not get through. I finally called customer service and they had no clue what I was talking about. It was just a silly question about barrel cut.

The p-10 is still rough around the edges a little. The grip back strap is too round for my liking. The aggressive grip texture isn't uncomfortable to me but it was kind of "snagy" on the clothing. I didn't really like the gun.

My favorite pistols so far:
>Glock 19
Most of the benefits of a full size gun but very thin and light and comfy.
>CZ 75 (or 85 or sp-01)
Great shooter, great grip.
>SIG 226 scorpion
Great shooter, great grip.
>SIG p238 scorpion
Best pocket gun if you want to carry in a pocket
However, to each their won.
>>
>>34231476
Were they about the same as far as shooting?
>>
>>34229291
P320
>>
>>34231615
Hated this
>>
>>34231555
The p-10 was better at semi-rapid shooting.
I liked the grip and feel of the 509 better.

If I had to get them again, I would probably get the p-10? The slide release of the p-10 is weird and has a mechanical disadvantage compared to "normal" ones. The mag release flat out did not work under pressure (loaded mag with slide closed) until I detail stripped and polished the gun AND more importantly, what helped the most, was a hit the cut out in the magazine with a jewelers file to smooth out the surface. I think that was the bigger problem. Because of the rounded back, I never felt like I got a consistent grip on the p-10 but the really aggressive texturing did plant it solidly in whatever grip I got.
The p-10, once broken in, is probably a better gun than the 509. However, I liked the feel and look of the 509 better. You can tell FN put most of their effort into some subtle refining. The insides are straight out of the compact FNS though. The recoil spring is recessed but that's because, and I'm at least pretty certain, that it's the recoil spring out of the compact gun. The FNS sights were huge.

Here is what I would do either:

Get a p-10, hit the magazine notch with just 3 swipes from a jewelers file. Practice getting a consistent grip on it and enjoy.
OR
Get a 509 and put the SIG x-ray 3 sights on it and an apex trigger.

I got rid of the p-10 first but then when I tried to call FN, they seemed like they didn't have their act together. Then I found out that the 509 won a contract with Brinks. The only contract, as far as I know, that FN got was with f'ing Brinks. I've looked down on the shit guns that those guys carry for a long time. So, I got rid of the 509.

IMO for striker fired guns, nobody has beat the Glock 19 yet. For nice shooting full size guns that you can carry, there isn't anything too much better than a CZ 75 (sp-01 or 85 too). That's just like my opinion man.
>>
>>34231693
85 is no longer in production according to CZ USA the 97 is obviously they go to 45 in the CZ catalog as a result and honestly it's just that much more aesthetic than the 85 in the first place that I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to get a 97.
>>
>>34231693
Thanks man, I appreciate the well thought out response. I love my SP-01.
>>
>>34231721
I've never seen a 97 in person. Do they come in 9mm?
>>
>>34231305
Why would you want a striker fired CZ? That was their whole thing, hammer fired guns, and more affordable polymer hammer fired guns than an HK.
>>
>>34229596
go to the gym
>>
>>34231780
Depression, stress, and work took over. Used to be 230 with a fair bit of muscle
>>
>>34231693
So if the FN 509 basically is an FNS compact does that mean I can use a 509 barrel in my FNS9c? I've been searching for a way to have a threaded barrel for a long time...
>>
File: see you later space cowboy.jpg (126KB, 528x545px) Image search: [Google]
see you later space cowboy.jpg
126KB, 528x545px
>>34229291
Either a good choice whatever you feel more confident shooting with and carrying really. I'm in a similar position myself and I went with the CZ P-10C because it has the same grip angle and feel in my hand as my Jericho.
>>
>>34231742
No, its the .45 version of the 75b.
>>
>>34229291
idk why no one has mentioned the PPQ. The navy version would be great and is a great value purchase. Amazing trigger, super light, and very reliable.
>>
>>34231770
This is their first striker-fired gun, maybe they'll add CZness to the line in a couple years. Not having slide rails is an atrocity tho
>>
Since you mentioned you have shot the PPQ before and liked it I would say get that over something you may or may not like. Have you finger fucked the others at a LGS? Entirely possible that you can't since you mentioned your LGS aren't very good and they're fairly new guns. Idk how likely it is that a rental range would have them this soon but the only way I personally would make this decision would be to shoot the guns first. I'm just curious why you're considering other guns over one you've already shot and know you like.
>>
>>34229596
seriously, are all /k/ dudes fat like this?
>>
File: FNXnotevenonce.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
FNXnotevenonce.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>34229291
>>
>>34232635
see
>>34231805
>>
>>34229291
Get the CZ.
>>
>>34232635
Not all but a lot are.

Of myself and the 2 other people I know who browse /k/ I'm in decent shape, one is barely heavy enough to not be a skeleton, and the other is about 60 pounds overweight.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.