[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/. I wanna be a spook (preferably CIA, but an agency will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: sterling.jpg (4KB, 88x221px) Image search: [Google]
sterling.jpg
4KB, 88x221px
Hey /k/. I wanna be a spook (preferably CIA, but an agency will work) Where do I go? Is there a spook-academy? Should I go into the armed forces first?
>general spook thread
>>
Nice try Russia
>>
File: 1485688684977.jpg (186KB, 669x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1485688684977.jpg
186KB, 669x1000px
Why would you want to be a spook? Being white is so much better.
>>
File: 1487514417998.jpg (377KB, 1264x1885px) Image search: [Google]
1487514417998.jpg
377KB, 1264x1885px
>>34227228
>Hey /k/. I wanna be a spook

Try Chicago
>>
>>34227235
Dumbass. OP doesn't want to be black, he wants to be a ghost.

Gotta kill yourself to be a ghost OP.
>>
>>34227228
Alphabet agencies will take you if you have military experience, my dad works in an agency
The way he got in, I think an agent approached him thinking he was a fellow agent and then told him he should join
>>
>>34227256
>The way he got in, I think an agent approached him thinking he was a fellow agent and then told him he should join

Your dad is probably lying about how he got in or is lying about being an agent. This spy novel shit doesn't happen IRL
>>
>>34227228
Go to an ivy league school and learn multiple languages or maths.

Otherwise, Im sure they need janitors.
>>
>>34227228
Go to law school, minor or major in Arabic, Spanish, or just any foreign language in general.

Don't do drugs
>>
>>34227228
You have to go SF first, I think they mostly recruit from them. You'll need a bachelors at some point too, but thats probably the easy part.
>>
File: tard.png (8KB, 252x200px) Image search: [Google]
tard.png
8KB, 252x200px
>>34227284
>learning "maths"
>>
>>34227228
Learn Russian, Chinese, Arabic or Persian
>>
>>34227280
No he's not a spy, I just said he works for a govt agency
>>
>>34227245
Hot.
>>
>>34227302
You definitely don't have to be SF unless OP is talking about super secret operating. Most CIA jobs just require the degree and/or language proficiency
>>
>>34227346
And T/S clearance and intel experience. So unless you speak half a dozen mission critical sand nigger languages you'll need military to get into the CIA
>>
>>34227346
I assumed since he used the word spook he wanted to go SAD
>>
>>34227228
As someone who's an agent,
It's really not that hard. Have a spotless record, graduate from college. Apply for said agencies. It can take a couple years for your background check to clear.

Some private/job expirence in the field you apply for will get you right in, like military experience with top secret clearance working in IT, which unable easy way to start. Joining the Airforce for cyber security is pretty easy if you are going to college for IT
>>
>>34227382
You have to be able to get clearance you don't have to have it already there are plenty of analyst jobs that don't require military experience and definitely don't require SOF background
>>
>>34227440
A T/S clearance is expensive and time consuming. If Person A and Person B apply for the same job, A had the clearance, B will be thrown in the trash. And there is no shortage of Person A.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but to get hired without already having the clearance you need to be really fucking special.
>>
>>34227429
*Is
Not unable

No idea why it did that

Forgot to mention. Minor in a foreign language. Arabic is super damn easy and very useful. Spanish and Chinese are two others that are in demand
>>
>>34227321
>Alphabet agency
>Govt agency
Your dad works for the DMV doesn't he.
>>
>>34227284
Don't janitors in that type of building not last long
>>
>>34227486
Hey technically I can say I work for the "feds" as a postman

Since we are federal employees
>>
>>34227507
TopKek
>>
>>34227321
>Gubmint Agency
There's plenty of those that have nothing to do with intelligence, war, or guns. For example, I have plenty of friend's that work for the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, and the United States Forest Circus (Service). My GF's mom works for the Oregon Department of Revenue
>>
>>34227228
We've seen your record and we're not impressed.
>>
Have a clearance, military experience, and learn a language.
I did four years in a not-that-cool combat MOS, got out, and dual majored in a language and chemistry. I've gotten recruiting type emails from .gov agencies a few times.

Protip: shit like that isn't as cool as it's made out to be. You're going to be sweating your balls off while haggling/handing cash or shitty guns to an illiterate 3rd worlder, not assassinating people like Sterling Archer.
>>
>>34227228
Have a good GPA, have relevant experience, strategic languages are always nice. Don't turn up your nose at any intelligence job that comes your way; there might not always be openings for your preferred position (like if you want to be an analyst, but all they have are IT, and you have a CS background) because lateral movement is very possible.
>>
>>34227256
That reeks of bullshit. Go back to /b/, underage.>>34227467
>>
>>34227467
Stop spreading disinformation.
>>
>>34227228
Value your soul.
>>
>>34227284
>Otherwise, Im sure they need janitors.

They're contractors.
>>
>>34228983
>>34227284

Also try to learn a strategic language that doesn't match your ethnicity. So if you're Persian or Mexican, learn Korean or Japanese. If you're Chinese, learn Russian or Farsi. If you're black, learn Mandarin.

Your school doesn't need to be ivy league, but you need to be low key, conscientious, and intelligent. I've seen some real weirdos in the intelligence agencies, but those are the common threads.

Don't fuck around in college. Some professors talent scout for the agencies. Don't get into drugs. Did I mention learn a strategic language?
>>
>>34229008
Keeping people realistic. A college degree is worthless without other qualifications
>>
>>34227228
Are you highly intelligent? and real smart, not 4chan 'im a high potential if I want to'. If not, dont bother. Harvard or Yale will probably help.
>>
>>34227280

It kinda does, but for that kind of thing, you're probably going in with a team.

Realistically, being a spy is really goddamn boring. Even if you're thrown in to a situation where you're going to be buddy buddy with some high up dictator, all you'll be doing is taking notes/recordings and just passing on.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.