[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the MP5SD's integrated suppressor shitty compared to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: clyde_armory_hk_mp5_sd.jpg (16KB, 600x350px) Image search: [Google]
clyde_armory_hk_mp5_sd.jpg
16KB, 600x350px
Is the MP5SD's integrated suppressor shitty compared to the new expensive suppressors? in terms of sound reduction.

how much dB does an MP5SD produce? (i can't seem to find any data online)

i read that an MP5SD is so quiet that you only hear the action,whether you use supersonic or subsonic 9mm, is this true?
>>
It's still pretty good, since it also vents and expands enough gas to turn supersonic ammo into subsonic before leaving the suppressor.
>>
>>34226856
The MP5SD is designed to work with standard super-sonic 9mm. the barrel is ventilated to slow the round down to sub sonic before it even reaches the suppressor. I don't know the data on it, but let's just say they are quiet.
>>
An integral suppressor is going to be better than a detachable one and an automatic or semi-automatic action is always going to be noisier than a manual action.
>>
>>34226882
>>34226905
so the answer to my third question is Yes? damn that's pretty rad.

but how are the ballistics? what's the effective range of it if it spits subsonic 9mm?
>>
>>34226926
Bad

Go to YouTube man, stop wasting threads
>>
>>34226926
Not very great considering the short, vented barrel.

9mm is already not the strongest cartridge, and with subconic velocities out of a short barrel, it tumbles and drops quickly.

That isn't to say it's useless though, it will still be accurate enough to kill you at 50 meters.
>>
>>34226926
Ballistics are the same as subsonic 9mm. Get a ballistic calculator and see the drop of 124 gr @ 1000 fps or so. I would say a little flatter than .45, but not as flat as normal 9mm. Effective range is probably the same as any other SMG.
>>
>>34226967
>stop wasting threads
oh i'm sorry for disturbing your daily routine of posting stale memes and shitposting in AR generals
>>
File: bt-mp5sd-barrel.jpg (77KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
bt-mp5sd-barrel.jpg
77KB, 1500x1500px
>>34226972
The barrel isn't any shorter than a full-size pistol. It's just vented ahead of the chamber.
>>
>>34226926
It's actually a remarkably accurate gun, due to it initially travelling supersonic, this helps stabilize the round once it exits the barrel, but do to it subsequently being reduced to subsonic, it will have less effect beyond say, 50 meters, not to say you couldn't consistently hit targets at that range, it's just simply not what the design is intended to do.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.