[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I want a shotgun for home defense, and I'm not sure what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: nova.png (126KB, 1096x721px) Image search: [Google]
nova.png
126KB, 1096x721px
So I want a shotgun for home defense, and I'm not sure what I should go for. Any ideas? I'm looking at the Nova right now, just because it's affordable as fuck and seems to have a good reputation.
>>
>>34224142
Mossberg at Walmart.
>>
Semi that cycles #00 reliably is your best option. Under stress, you are more likely to fuck up the pump.

>but I don't want to spend 1k on a HD gun!

Then get an AR for less than half that. It's a better option anyway. Less over penetration, easier to use, cheap ammo, much higher capacity.
>>
File: dawg.jpg (32KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
dawg.jpg
32KB, 600x601px
>>34224147

Have to agree.

Fuck Remshit. Go Moss.
>>
File: wiggum no gif.gif (389KB, 159x124px) Image search: [Google]
wiggum no gif.gif
389KB, 159x124px
OP YOU REALLY SHOULD COMPARE THE REMINGTON 870 TO THE MOSSBERG 500 AND EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD TALK ABOUT IT TOO.
>>
>>34225317
Sorry man, I'm not really knowledgeable enough about guns to give an apt comparison. But you're welcome to give it a go.
>>
>>34224243
i wouldnt listen advice of a memester
>>
>>34224142
The inexpensive nova in your pic is 4+1 capacity, and it's still more expensive than a Mossberg 500 that has 5+1 and tons of aftermarket options
>>
>>34224142
The ksg is the best hd shotgun on the market
>>
>>34224142
My nova is a POS. I thought for a long time I was short shucking, but I've had issues even single loading. Cuts the front of my shells to shit and doesn't lock fully. Have to hold the pump and give it a good hard hit on the ground to get it dislodged. I'd say it does this on one in every 12-15 shells. More often from the tube, but still fairly regularly single loading. I tried to get it serviced, but $30 shipping + $160 to get it fixed + $30+30 to get it shipped back to my FFL, I could almost buy a new one.

Long story short, buy anything other than a nova.
>>
>>34224142
Benelli's are a good choice but for HD you want something with a shorter barrel than one of the hunting models, or you want to pick up a second barrel. The odds of you using 5 rounds are slim but aim for higher capacities. If you choose to store it in cruiser condition (hammer down, chamber empty) then the +1 capacity only matters if you are reloading it. The stock is all preference but a basic shoulder like in your picture is often the easiest to use.
>>
>>34224142
any shotgun will work. just dont let this threat die to soon
>>
>>34224142

mossberg 88 or 500
>>
Benelli m4. Not the cheapest, but if you only need one shotgun ever, you could do a lot worse.
>>
>>34225849
He can always get a mag extension later for the Nova. There's no "make my Mossberg not rattly and cheap feeling" option out there.

>disclaimer: I own a 500
>yes it is reliable
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.