[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if i buy a gun through cabelas in store pickup that is available

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: cabelas.jpg (75KB, 1742x500px) Image search: [Google]
cabelas.jpg
75KB, 1742x500px
if i buy a gun through cabelas in store pickup that is available in store, will they let me pick it up same day?
is this a valid tactic to circumvent the line at the desk?
>>
>>34220921
You'll still have to wait in line for someone to help you, because it will be behind the gun counter.
>>
>>34220945
well shit
>>
File: IMG_7285.png (112KB, 777x786px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7285.png
112KB, 777x786px
>>34220945
WRONG! It'll be in the instore pickup department. You can skip the line this way depending on the time of year.

>t.Cabelasfag
>>
>>34221676
No, it won't. Firearms are kept behind the firearms counter. I ordered one not that long ago.
>>
>>34220921
Depends on the state, but would be handled the same as picking it up in-store.

That being said, unless you snipe a used gun from their racks, I don't know what the fuck you're doing there.

>hello $350 out-the-door coach gun!
>>
>>34221699
>That being said, unless you snipe a used gun from their racks, I don't know what the fuck you're doing there.
You mean to say their prices are high?
>>
>>34221917
about MSRP, so yes
>>
>>34221693
you're retarded ISP pickups are held in the ISP lockup.

t. another cabelasfag
>>
File: 1326653409678.gif (2MB, 264x185px)
1326653409678.gif
2MB, 264x185px
>>34220921
dude trump is president, last 3 times I went to cabelas there were more people behind gun counter than in front. I wanted to see an 1851 and I went up to literally 4 gun dept workers and asked, its night and day now. Last year it was like a constant mob so thick i couldn't even push my cart through to see if they had .22, now nobody
>>
>>34221933
Then tell that to my local Cabella's.
>>
>buying shit from Cabelas
>>
>>34220921
I used to work in a mall, heres some General Guidelines for retail shopping:
> The best days to buy shit are Mon-Thurs
> The best day of those days is Wednesday.
> The best times are Store Open to about 11 AM, and then 2-4:30ish PM
80% of people are working during those times, so customer volume is going to be a lot less. At places like cabalas they'll still be a bit busy (the largest Cableas are a "destination" retailer, people will visit from hundreds of miles so they're always kinda busy)

>>>34221995
> Not buying shit from cabalas
Pricing can be shitty but it's a nice one stop shop for a lot of people. Lost track of how many people I saw with Cabelas credit cards.
>>
I work at a cabela gun counter. ISP orders are all shipped. Even if there is a gun in stock at the store, it'll still be shipped in. There is no in store holding of any sort, although some guys will pull it out and leave it at the nics holding area so other people can't get to it for the day.

Certain stores are in transition from NICS/Gun counter to Firearm outfitter system. The later system means that you have to start all transaction at the gun counter instead of picking up ISP guns at the NICS counter. It use to be that lawaways and ISP orders could skip the line at most stores, but not anymore. I don't know about the other guy, but ISP gun holding area in my store is in the gun vault, not the ISP vault, and only gun people can access the vault.

Cabela's normal pricing might be shit, but sales and price matches, as well as mil discount and discount gift cards makes buying guns at cabela potentially a good deal. Library guns are occasionally good deals, but most of the time the gun library people are retarded with pricing.
>>
>>34221933
>you're retarded ISP pickups are held in the ISP lockup.
Just because you want something to be true and call people who disagree with you "retarded" doesn't make a thing true. They only conduct background checks at the gun counter. You may not pick up firearms at the in store pickup counter.
>>
>>34222367
How do I do a price match at Cabelas? I didn't even know that they did that. If I find a gun for sale online for $400 but Cabelas wants to get $750, will they match a random online gun shop? Do I have to print out the listing or do they want to look it up themselves?
>>
>>34222437
We only price match in stock local within 100 miles. Dropship, closeouts and liquidation don't qualify. So if your other LGSes are shit, you're out of luck.

We also price match our own online store, and some deals only show up online.
>>
>>34222469
oh, and we only match down to "summit price" which is the highest tier employee discount (supposedly 10% over wholesale, but that isn't actually true).

Some managers will allow the difference to go towards free ammo. Some will straight up deny the price match, but this is rare
>>
>>34222437
I would think, like most retail shops, you have to find a retail dealer with it's price. Meaning if it's new, you have to find a retailer with the price new.

Wouldn't work if you were using armslist or gunbroker for second-hand guns.

Also to add, fuck these big box fucks. Their prices suck on anything that isn't .22 or 12 gauge ammo. They shuck and devour casual consumers over and over, yet contribute nothing to the community. Just buy local, and if ammo, either online or Wal-Mart just because they generally have the best ammo prices.
>>
>>34222484
>They shuck and devour casual consumers over and over, yet contribute nothing to the community
I don't know about other stores, but cabela "donates" through asking for round up donates, simillar to how brownells and midway usa does. Cabela just distribuute the round up to every org on their list equally.

Cabela also cuts deals and give discounts to local orgs. I know my store gives out deals to the local hunting org.

Again, if you want good deals, then learn to price match and watch for deals. Cabela also price matches everything else, even ammo or reloading components.

Sure, I might work there, but I ain't going to buy shit there if the price sucks either, since we don't actually get good discount on guns and ammo (although we do get industry discount on some brands)
>>
>>34221933
That's weird, we keep the ISP guns in the gun vault with all the other new guns.

What's your store number?
>>
>>34222525
>no good discounts on guns
Have you heard about the great used gun inventory cleansing? If we've had it less than a year it's halfway between retail and cost. Year or more it's 10% over cost, and the 45 day period rule has been lifted until the end of the month.
>>
>>34222621
yes, I have a library gun on layaway right now. All of the other guns I want are pending though. I missed one gun by less than 5 minutes.

Most gun libraries are fucking retarded and squire guns at way to high a price though, so our discount ain't that great. The only store I've found that aquires low and sells for a fair price is the Huntsville, Alabama store.
>>
>>34221917
Yeah, local gun shop if mine is charging $100 less on new Glocks than Cabela's. Got my Canik from them for $350 where as Cabela's is charging $430.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.