[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red pill me on the bersa thunder 380, guys. I'm in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 11

File: 78870.jpg (17KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
78870.jpg
17KB, 400x296px
Red pill me on the bersa thunder 380, guys.

I'm in the market for a new summer EDC pistol and my price range is around 300.
>>
>>34217361
Heavy for what it is. LCP II is better in every way for a carry gun.
>>
>>34217361
They're kind of big for a .380, but they are still small. They are decent guns, people bitch about the safety, but a newer shooter might like it.

You can get any lcp/lcp2/lc9/lc9s gor under 300 and they are much better small carry guns than the bersa, but the bersa is going to be a little comfier to shoot, since it's bigger and heavier than the lcp/lc9

Lcp and a poorfag special uncle mikes holster is a pretty good summer pocket carry combo. I could have spent a lot more on a holster but hell it was $12 and if it sucks I wasn't out much
>>
>>34217467
He doesn't lie, in carrying mine right now. Forgot I had it on me till I read this
>>
Mine pushes the magazine out after every shot. It's the double stack one, though.
>>
Decent value for the gun just don't use the side stop as a slide release, soft pot metal on the slide and slide stop. Decent trigger, reasonably reliable
>>
>>>>34217361
I like the Thunder Plus model. Double stack magazine, fatter grips, 16 round capacity is pretty gud for a CC gun. They're basically makarov/Walther clones with better machining/more safety features. Great poorfag CC choice

>>34217467
Bullshit. Ruger semi autos are dogshit. Their revolvers are nice but avoid their semi auto pistols like the plague. Terrible aesthetics too.
>>
>>34217716
What? Are you inserting the magazine all the way? That literally can't happen unless it's broken.
>>
>>34217361
It has a magazine disconnect. I don't know if that's an issue for you, anon.
>>
>>34217752
Yeah, tried four different magazines. If the magazine isn't all the way in you can't fire it, anyway.
>>
>>34217740
>Ruger semi autos are dogshit
Is this a new meme or something? Ruger makes decent guns for a good price, that includes their handguns. Hell, my old beater P95 had been reliable as hell and shows no signs of slowing down. Only elitist assholes think ruger is shit.
>>
>>34217862
I had one of their earlier SR9 pistols, I used that for my CCW qual in Kansas. Worked great, never had an issue with it. Sold it to a buddy as he really wanted one and couldn't find one at the time.
>>
>>34217361
I open carry mine during the summer, it's a nice budget or beginners gun.
>>
>>34217862
I don't consider myself an elitist at all, I like poorfag guns. I really like ruger's revolvers, they're all very solidly built, but ruger's semi auto pistols all feel really cheap and junky to me and I don't like their aesthetics. I'm sure they function fine, I just personally don't care for them. Sorry about the autism. That's just kinda how we roll around here.
>>
>>34217361
They're ok.

Think the PPK but not shit (as current manufacture ones tend to be).
It is however a cheap-ish South American gun though, so don't expect high degrees of polish or a glorious trigger.

>>34217716
Contact their customer service and ask them to send a new magazine release.
>>
>>34217740
Ruger P85s are basically unstoppable, don't talk shit.
>>
>>34217361
I recently got the Thunder Plus and it's comfy. Of course it's lol380 but 15+1 of .380 is whole lot of fuck off in a pretty nice carryable package. DA/SA is fun. It's just a mag dumping gun in any real scenario, but so is any other defensive pistol. Get it and be happy friend
>>
File: thunder380.jpg (396KB, 786x583px) Image search: [Google]
thunder380.jpg
396KB, 786x583px
>>34217361
Pretty happy with mine, makes for a nice summer gun where carrying a full-sized pistol is inconvenient.
>>
>>34217992
Also pretty confident in it for carry because as a fixed-barrel blowback pistol, it's supposed to be god-tier reliable. Not much to go wrong in a design like that. It's quite similar to a friend's Makarov, and we all know about their reputation.
>>
>>34217361
I'd forget that I was carrying one so frequently that I'd have to pat myself down to make sure I wasn't armed when I had to enter a gun free zone. People will complain that they are heavy, but that is just prattle of limp wrist purse carrying lady boys.
>>
>>34217361
Cheap metal. It'll break before too long.
>>
I have one but have been disappointed with reliability. From research it is far from uncommon too. Pretty gun though.
>>
What about a keltec p11/pf9??

I have an older p11 and i love that gun.
>>
>>34217740
>basically makarov/Walther clones with better machining/more safety features

You meant pile of of shit machining/finishing when compared to pre-S&W PP and PPK guns with added point of failure "for the children" features.
>>
File: ppkbersa.jpg (922KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ppkbersa.jpg
922KB, 1920x1080px
I like mine. Here it is next to my PPK (Interarms) since people like to compare them.

Only weird thing is that sometimes after it heats up from being shot, the slide will automatically release upon firm insertion of a new mag, chambering a new round.

I mean it's not the worst thing to happen if it were in a scenario where I needed to keep shooting, but I train as if I would need to hit the slide release and that always catches me off guard when it happens.
>>
>>34217992
>lol380
You can get some pretty nicely performing defensive loads in .380 these days, so it's no joke.
Especially given the compact size of the gun with the high capacity.
>>
>>34218110
The weight is advantageous, makes them recoil even less
>>
>>34218596
Put your trip on Leon.
>>
>>34217361

I have one.

Would have bought something like this instead. Rebate is still going on.
>>
>>34218662
That has happened with ny glock 22. Should i be concerned
>>
>>34219087
I have a bunch of 90gr Gold Dots that I'm sure would do the job just fine. I certainly wouldn't want any of them flying in my direction
>>
>>34217361
Like the Makarov, it's fairly hefty for its size.
>>
>>34217740
I have put about 300 rounds through my lcp ii including HPs, and no malfunctions. You don't know what you are talking about
>>
File: Bersa2.jpg (61KB, 281x500px) Image search: [Google]
Bersa2.jpg
61KB, 281x500px
I've really enjoyed mine.
>>
>>34217762
Pretty easy to disable though, took about five minutes to get the one off of mine
>>
>>34218524
Yeah there's the trigger reset bar or something like that has a weak ass spring that rides in shallow groove, if that spring isn't perfect it can jump the groove and the trigger is just all limp dick after your first shot. Just replace the spring you say? Well the fucker is pinned in there and you have to send your gun off to a warranties gunsmith to get it replaced, it's a somewhat common issue, happens to mine when I use Fulani, I think the steel case is causing more gas blowback which jumps the spring, cause I've fired boxes of other ammo through it and it never happens with them, still not confident enough in the gun to use it for self defense
>>
File: 18372123..jpg (36KB, 795x437px) Image search: [Google]
18372123..jpg
36KB, 795x437px
>>34219383
Weird question but is the receiver block steel or aluminum?
>>
>>34217361

If you are set on .380, save a few more dollars and get a glock 42.

Unlike the ruger LCP people have mentioned in this thread, you can actually hold and shoot a glock 42 reaonably well if you have normal sized hands.

The LCP is so fucking uncomfortable to hold and shoot.

But if you want a pocket gun, the LCP is better because it's all dehorned and the sights are snag free and stuff. If you are looking at a bersa tho that tells me you aren't looking for a pocket gun, so I would go glock 42.
>>
File: ivan-thumb-570x1016-117178.jpg (161KB, 569x1016px) Image search: [Google]
ivan-thumb-570x1016-117178.jpg
161KB, 569x1016px
>>34220127
>tfw tiny hands and the LCP feels great to shoot
Slavshit fits me perfectly too, but I will always be a manlet.
>>
>>34217905
You should try not to discourage people from buying a good gun because of completely subjective opinions based on aesthetics of all things.
>>
>>34220238
I have short fingers and a wide fat palm for tactical recoil dampening. LCP fits me like a glove.
>>
I own one. I had a bunch of failure to feed issues until a friend told me to give it a VERY thorough cleaning. Apparently Bersa ships them with cosmoline slathered over all the internal parts to prevent rust during shipment. I spent an afternoon on it, and I could not believe how much fucking gunk I ended up clearing out of that gun. After that, though, it's been running like a Swiss watch - no trouble whatsoever. Just a heads up.
>>
File: P5100420.jpg (3MB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
P5100420.jpg
3MB, 2400x2400px
My wife has one, its more snappy than my shield and not small enough to really justify the capacity and caliber difference. I'm having a hell of a time getting proper velocity out of my hand loads for it... She really liked it when she did the demo women's shoot thing, but now she anticipates recoil and keeps throwing shots way low...
>>
>>34217361
You can get double stack 9mm that are barely bigger than a bersa. If I wanted a concealable pistol with a full steel frame I'd just get a makarov.
>>
Also, this thread is full of the typical /k/ paranoids who think that muh stopping powah and muh magazine capacity matters because I guess squads of commandos in body armor are going to be coming for them sometime, or some shit like that. That's a nice fantasy to have in your basement, but here in the real world, self-defense encounters usually involve dispatching one or two unarmored low-IQ teenage dindus, and take an average of 2-3 shots. Thus, in the real world, seven rounds of .380 will be just fine.

A lot of people here prioritize hardware over practice, and believe large caliber and high magazine capacity to be an acceptable substitute for the ability to reliably hit what you're shooting at. It isn't. Don't fall for the memes.
>>
Sig p230 and p232 are the same thing but much more refined and built with much better metal. I love my p230, and it is incredibly accurate. Also love how it has no safety and no external controls except a decocker. Not even a slide release. That and the mag release is on the bottom, so there's no way it will accidentally pop out.
>>
>>34220508
You realise you will probably miss some of those shots right? Even if you somehow manage to hit every shot on two moving targets you better hope those 3 shots hit vitals.
>>
>>34220593
"Spray and pray" is for low-IQ African child soldiers. Learn to hit what you're shooting at, even if you have to lay down money on a training course instead of another gun.
>>
>>34220639
FUCK YOU ASSHOLE?!
>>
>>34220639
>>34220735
Lol I love you /k/
>>
>>34217768
sounds like the mag catch, 10:1 says the nib catching the mag is sheared off enough the force of the weapon cycling is knocking it lose.
>>
>>34217939
A p89 was my second handgun. I've moved on, but I keep it in my bugout bag. They look like dogshit and feel like it too, but they run 24/7
>>
>>34219917
Al.
>>
>>34220981
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>34217467
>invohetent hand movements
Wrong.

My bersa is the best gun i own. I carry it knowing that i can frip it firmlt, fire every time, and hit my target with intention, not the kid next door.

LCP's are for overly sized man children.
>>
>>34221128
>All those spelling mistakes
Thats why people hate the S7 edge.
>>
>>34221136
I'm drunk as fuck but don't make this many mistakes. you're just retarded.
>>
>>34221165
I'm still right, LCP's are solely for the neckbearded manchild.
>>
>>34221300
The PPK clone made in HUEville is more the style of neckbeards, MR. Sausuga fingers
>>
File: 1497151764624463248823.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1497151764624463248823.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>34221317
>sausage
>>
File: Ruger LCR with laser.png (93KB, 468x379px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger LCR with laser.png
93KB, 468x379px
>>34217361

>I'm in the market for a new summer EDC pistol and my price range is around 300.

Get a Ruger LCP 2 or an LCR.

The Thunder is based on a good design; but its made out of crap metal and the build quality is low.
>>
File: 1389255774546.gif (454KB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1389255774546.gif
454KB, 350x300px
>>34221360
If you are true brokefag grabagun has lcp 1s for 185. You can't afford to not have a summer carry gun at this point

http://grabagun.com/ruger-lcp-380-bl-polymer-frame-6-1.html
>>
>>34218110
>patting down for guns
>before entering gun free zone
Why
>>
>>34217361
Only real issues I had with mine is the safety was in a poor place for someone of my hand size, and the finish was kinda shit and started rusting after being exposed to sweat a couple times. Other than that, it was a good gun, had no issues with misfiring. Sold it because of the fact I couldn't get used to the safety issue I had with it though.
>>
>>34217361
>>34221424
God dammit. I meant slide release not safety.... Sorry, I am having a stupid right now.
>>
>>34217494

Really? I enjoy all the safety features on mine very much. I really love the key that you can use to lock the gun from use if you have small children around.
>>
>>34217361
Great weapon for this pou. Get it OP
>>
>>34219123
It's straight blowback so it almost cancels out any advantages in recoil reduction though
>>
>>34221396
>go to courthouse
>walk through metal detector
>whoops welcome to poundtown
>population you and jamal
>>
>>34221128
>Alright lads, frip it firmlt now!
>>
>>34220238
I don't know about other Slav guns, but the Makarov has a surprisingly accommodating grip for its size.

It fits like a glove in the hand.
>>
>>34217740
>Ruger semi autos are dogshit
Ruger CC guns are cheap and decent performers. They're regularly in the $200-300 range and I've seen them new for $225 sometimes less without rebates. You get a good piece of kit for chump change new.
>>
>>34217361
Almost picked one up the other day. No clue where you live OP but I'd likely grab a Ruger/Walther/S&W on the cheap. The S&W guns have a nice rebate deal right now. The bodyguard with or without laser is pretty nifty for a pocket/holster gun for everyday. It won't wear out your clothes right away and you won't know it's there. Bought a used one this week for $150 after tax. The EDC Rugers are pretty cheap and decent too. I would also mention the Walther PK380 which is a dream to hold and fairly cheap. Slide is easier to rack if you're a cripple. It's a larger gun to EDC though. It borders on 9mm territory at that point imo.
>>
>.380

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
I would trade my Ruger LCP (complete with crimson trace so you can watch your point of aim cover an entire quadrant as you attempt to squeeze the world's shittiest trigger ever) for just about any other handgun. Maybe even a Hi Point. My Bersa is a massively better gun.

Strongly advise against the LCP. Probably the only gun purchase I've ever regretted, and totally soured me on Ruger when they refused to fix the known-issue shitty trigger.
>>
>>34223682
>last words of Franz Ferdinand
>>
>>34217361

shit tier gun

buy 3 of them after 1000 rds maybe 1 will still work

then spend $150 shipping to their crappy customer service twice

or just spend more $$ to begin with and get a ruger
>>
>>34225088
The used ones I've seen in pawn shops seem finicky. It's almost as if the machining on them are slightly off.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.