[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey lads, just bought this poor SKS at a pawn shop, h-how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1099.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1099.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Hey lads, just bought this poor SKS at a pawn shop, h-how do I fix her ;-;
>>
If it's anything like mosin, just order replacement stock. There are two different screws holding the stock on (Unless I'm autistic. I've never owned a SKS)
>>
>>34217346
Im more disgusted by the amount of stickers on your laptop.
>>
>>34217346
Meh. I've seen a lot worse.
>>
File: 1485232470807.jpg (55KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1485232470807.jpg
55KB, 720x1280px
Homo
>>
>>34217346
im sorry anon. Nobody short of IVAN CHESNOKOV can help her now... or you can do what the other anon said and buy a replacement stock. also get rid of the magazine shit. Its tacky and you dont need a goddamn AK magazine sticking out of a rifle that is supposed to use stripper clips.
>>
>>34217358
Senpai, if you think that is bad, a friend of mine covered the back of his laptop in processor/OS stickers and some some random crap.

>>34217346
Just get a new stock for it. It might be raw, so you might need to do some work to get a perfect fit and put a finish on it. And something to plug the threading for that scope mount.
>>
>>34217403
>you dont need a goddamn AK magazine sticking out of a rifle that is supposed to use stripper clips.

its a bill of RIGHTS not a bill of needs you fascist
>>
File: IMG_1463.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1463.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>34217346
I saved an SKS just like that. Check eBay or Gunbroker for wood stocks.
I found mine for like $30. Next you'll need an original magazine. This will run you about $40-80 if you're patient. I paid $45 on eBay.
Dust cover will be last, but not necessary. I still haven't replaced mine.

Pic is my SKS. Looked almost identical to yours minus the bipod
>>
File: rsz_img_20161118_032630432.jpg (1MB, 5335x1783px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_img_20161118_032630432.jpg
1MB, 5335x1783px
>>34217346

Relax, you're alright. I'm doing the same thing, and I'll help you. Pic related is what I'm fixing. First, you still have your bayonet lug. Good. You can buy a replacement bayonet for maybe $20-30 on Amazon, and it should arrive within a few days, if you want a bayonet.

Next, get rid of all that tacticool shit. The optic, the bipod, the optic mount if you can get it off, you don't need that shit. Ignore this faggot >>34217403 who thinks you can't do anything but urges you to ditch the detachable magazines because he only knows memes. He's a retard. Some later models of SKS did have detachable mags, and personally I like them even if they're of questionable reliability. It's up to you whether you keep them or shell out for a fixed magazine and stripper clips (again, Amazon is your friend).

Now comes the serious part. The stock. You want to replace it. Tapco's Timbersmith line has some interesting designs and they're professionally made, but personally I'm not fond of them because they don't have a bayonet groove. Lucky Shot Wood Stocks on Etsy is HIGHLY recommended and makes absolutely beautiful wood stocks for SKSes in a variety of patterns and with different wood choices...but there's a price, and that price is a long-ass wait time because he got popular and is now swamped with orders. I ordered mine April 20, and it still hasn't shipped even though he promised it would ship this week and originally estimated it would be a two-week wait. Such is the joy of ordering handmade things.

Do not despair. I've seen worse Bubba jobs, and yours is 100% salvageable and will leave you with a beautiful gun.

>>34217441

This is worth listening to, I don't know how to plug threading so this guy's explanation is welcome.
>>
>>34217489
Plugging the threading could be anything from just filling it with a weld, grinding and sanding it flush and applying a fresh bluing to it, or putting something like a set screw in to just fill the void. Nothing too fancy.
>>
>>34217489
Well on the threading, if he is a total poorfag, OP could find some bolts with the same threading and cut it flush and black it over.
>>
File: IMG_1096.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1096.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Thanks for the help lads, I don't know if 309 was a good price for her, but I just had to buy her because by god she needed rescuing, I'll be taking off all of this tacticool bullshit and buying new stock, bayonet, etc immediately
>>
>>34217753
$309 was good especially once you sell off the parts you don't need
>>
>>34217753

Clearview Investments has pretty good SKS stocks. I bought one from there to put on mine when I was switching out the stock that was covered with trench art from some Albanian fuck that last used it.
>>
>>34217346
Autism
>>
I used to hate these stocks, but I'll be honest, they've grown on me a bit.
It's not like it's destroying the rifle, just modernizing it. And I find the ergonomics of the traditional wood stock to be shit. My fingers aren't that long, so I really have to stretch them to pull the trigger and it messes with my accuracy.
>>
>>34218355
That rifle is not meant to be "taktkhool" you tremendous faggot. That rifle is a piece of history, and should be enjoyed as it was made.
If you want to be a le operator, got buy a bushmaster, and a plate carrier without the plate.
>>
>>34218402

stfu faggot you only hate it because /k/ says so go suck a fucking dick its a fucking sks theres literally millions of them who the fuck cares if someone puts a different stock on it when its not even a permanent modification

fucking retard
>>
>>34217346
Is that a folding fucking Home Depot or Walmart table you use as a desk in your home? Jesus Christ you are poor.
>>
>>34217470
>>34217489
You two aren't my long lost brethren, are you?

I recovered this poor gun, too.
>>
>>34218029
Liberty Tree Collectors gets some good stuff too sometimes.
>>
>>34219219
Mate if I wasn't poor I wouldn't be scouring pawn shops for Bubba'd to hell slavshit
>>
>>34217489
Thanks to you my man, she's gonna be looking beautiful after your advice
>>
File: IMG_4213.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4213.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>34217358
Anon...
>>
>>34219387

We are now.
>>
>>34219219

Oh fuck off with this fake hatred for working Americans, go suck off your dad for more allowance money rich boy.
>>
>>34218412
>Tiny fingers
>Bad taste
>Easily angered

Be honest, how old are you?
>>
>>34218402
Hey, I'm the guy you replied to, not the one who replied to you...
That said, you're a huge faggot. As it's been said replacing the stock is not permanent, and even if it was, it's still an sks at heart. Even if it was permanent, there are such an ungodly amount of those rifles in surplus and on the market that modifying a small percentage of them is hardly destroying history.
>>
>>34217346
Get a nice timber smith or a surplus stock, fixed magazine, receiver cover, and bayonet online. Also check the trigger for negative engagement. A lot of these bubba guns need sear work. Also strip the bolt and inspect the firing pin channel, make sure that's super clean and unrusted. If by chance it has a murrays captive firing pin that is the one upgrade I'd keep.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.