[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

would it be illegal for me, a 20 year old, to buy a handgun from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

would it be illegal for me, a 20 year old, to buy a handgun from an FFL, but not come in to do the paperwork for a few months until I am 21?
>>
Yes. Why not just wait the few months or get a friend/family member to buy it for you and just print off a bill of sale or transfer the name over when you turn 21?
>>
What's the hurry, kid? Just wait it out.
>>
>>34214198

>transfer the name over

Non American detected. The only transfer is the purchasing party handing it to him lol.
>>
>>34214231
Noguns detected. You can either hand it over (bill of sale) or go to an FFL and have the name actually transfered over. When you sign the paperwork to buy a firearm from an FFL the serial number of that firearm is now attached to your name. If that firearm shows up in a crime, they find your name in the system. If that happens, and the police question you, you show them the bill of sale showing you sold it to billy bob. Then they go to billy bob and question him.
>>
>>34214298
Umm no that's completely incorrect. There is no "system" that they can just type your name into.
>>
>>34214445
He's correct though, in that they can often track down the original purchaser. Not all systems are digital systems either, a filing system is still a system.
>>
>>34214198
In Texas the only thing needed for a gun transfer is a handshake and thats it.
>>
Im pretty sure an FFL is not gunna wait a few months. Ask if they have some kind of layaway shit or a policy where you can get the gun pulled off the shelf.
>>
File: 1440099172760.jpg (97KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1440099172760.jpg
97KB, 500x338px
>>34214298
I went to a fun store with my friend before he left for Air Force boot to get himself his first gun and he bought an Century AK. We hit my house and he handed it to me and left, transferring it to me and left. We didn't need any paperwork
>>
>>34214298
You are both right and wrong.
You don't HAVE to have a bill of sale or go through an FFL for private transfers. There's not some ATF task force that will shoot your door and bust down your dog if you sell your gun to a family member. But, generally speaking, it's a good idea to have one just in case some nig go steals it and blast his homies, then you can just say "not my problem. I sold it to Cletus. Not my fault he left it in his pick up"
>>
>>34214114
Are you asking this because you're getting a special gun that will take a few months on backorder? If so, this could be done. I did something similar before I received my pistol permit in NYC -- I pre ordered a gun for eventual transfer by FFL. The ordering part is almost inconsequential, what matters is the legal transfer at the FFL when you actually take possession.
>>
>>34214114
that pic reminds me of the mexicans waiting for work in the mornings in front of lowes.
>>
>>34214114
At every gun shop I've been to I don't pay till my paper work comes back.

Unless they have a limited time deal and you are really cool with the owner don't pay till the paper work is done.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.