[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No gunz asian living in asian country here. Is this a good room

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

File: hanwei wakizashi.jpg (69KB, 1300x620px) Image search: [Google]
hanwei wakizashi.jpg
69KB, 1300x620px
No gunz asian living in asian country here.

Is this a good room defense weapon? I live in a small room so a full sized katana is not advisable.
>>
No one?
>>
>>34211842
>Is this a good room defense weapon?

Sure.
you can also use it to commit seppuku if a guy with a gun enters your room.
>>
>>34211896
But you don't use a wakizashi to commit sudoku you fucking whitto piggu.
>>
>>34211842
Do you know how to use any kind of bladed weapon at all?
If not, get something like a sawn down pool queue and reeeeeeeee on them with force of all your sexual frustration
>>
Swords are not great legally. Baseball bat is way better for "I wasn't trying to kill him desu, I just kept swinging until he stopperu'd attacking me."
>>
>>34211917
No but I can learn, sensei.
>>
>>34211925
Asian robber usually has a knife, that means either I kill him or I run.

No in between.
>>
>>34211955
Fuck it then. Charrenge him to an honorabru duer if that's the way to handle things in your land. Ya crazy gook with ya crazy gook laws.
>>
>>34211984
I'm gonna get fucked by the laws regardless but fucked by the laws >>>> dying.
>>
>>34211842
>>34211925
How about this? The world's only combat-designed baseball bat: http://www.coldsteel.com/brooklyn-crusher.html
>>
>>34212002
Has that been used by any military force?
>>
>>34211937
Well get learning, but seriously blunt objects are probably easier and don't leave as many deaduns in your living area
>>
>>34212025
There are kendo class near my area.

But seriously, a good thrust with a katana will end most unarmored threat.
>>
>>34212033
Kendo's ok, stuff like Eskrima/Arnis is pretty good for beating the shit out of people with knives, sticks and all that.
Generally a baton is easy to use, get one around 500-750gm so you can swing fast, last long enough to slap the piss out of someone. If they've got a knife- hit their knife arm and hand, then work over their skull for funsies
>>
>>34211842
which country.
>>
>>34212147
Betonamu.
>>
>>34212122
Yeah, no, I have no luck finding such a class here.

And it's hilarious that I can find katana and wakizashi easier than fucking baton.
>>
>>34212241
>not buying illegal guns and bribing the police after you defend yourself
>>
>>34212241
>Betonamu
Get Bamboo, fill it with shit. Beat assailant with it.
Get really big stick. Beat assailant with it.
Find an old M16A1. Fire. Jam. Beat assailant with it.
>>
>>34212269
Not easier as you said, friend.
>>
>>34212265
It's called half a wooden broomstick :)
>>
>>34212277
It's just better to buy a hanwei sword, senpai.

I can also tell my friend that it's a fake sword famalam.
>>
>>34212301
A stick is much cheaper and easier to use than a fucking sword.
>>
>>34212299
We use straw broomstick here brah.
>>
>>34212313
I can learn to use a sword.

It's better to have a weapon than a fucking stick.
>>
>>34212321
Don't kid yourself, if you want a sword because you think it's cool and maybe even has a practical use and can afford one then get one.
But if you want the best defensive for a given amount of money, buying a Hanwei sword is not a good idea. Vietnam has pretty low purchasing power so for the price of a Hanwei sword you could probably get a shit ton of local crossbows, bats, batons, buy a guard dog, pay for an electric fence (maybe an exaggeration).
But you get the idea. There's a reason modern forces don't use swords.
>>
>>34211906
I'm pretty sure you can anon, it's preferable to use a tanto though, yes

Seppuku's defining characteristic was plunging either the Tachi (longsword), Wakizashi (shortsword) or Tanto (knife) into the gut and slicing the abdomen horizontally. In the absence of a kaishakunin, the samurai would then remove the blade, and stab himself in the throat, or fall (from a standing position) with the blade positioned against his heart.

With his selected kaishakunin standing by, he would open his kimono (robe), take up his tantō (knife) or wakizashi (short sword)—which the samurai held by the blade with a portion of cloth wrapped around so that it would not cut his hand and cause him to lose his grip—and plunge it into his abdomen, making a left-to-right cut. Prior to this, he would probably consume an important ceremonial drink of sake. He would also give his attendant a cup meant for sake.[12] The kaishakunin would then perform kaishaku, a cut in which the warrior was decapitated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku
>>
>>34212355
Modern forces don't use local crossbow, bats or batons either.

I'm a fucking wagecuck, anon, paying for a sword and kendo class are definitely in my range.

Paying for crossbow, nah, and there's no class that teaches stick fighting.
>>
>>34212315
Axe, shovel or pick handle
Take a bit of weight out of it, cut it down and you've got yourself a nigga-b-good right now though, not much good if your sword is in the mail.
>>
>>34212361
>or fall (from a standing position) with the blade positioned against his heart.
breddy brutal way to go.
>>
>>34212391
I got me a good baton flashlight already.

But really, in a small space (a room), nothing is more advantageous than a shortsword since it's light and you can slash and thrust with it.
>>
>>34212376
>Modern forces don't use local crossbow, bats or batons either.
Modern police forces definitely use batons. If you widen the definition to include unconventional forces then bats are in wide usage in gangs and such.

>I'm a fucking wagecuck, anon, paying for a sword and kendo class are definitely in my range.

Maybe so, but spending thousands of USD on a sword isn't exactly an easy decision for anons living in the US and you live in a country with lower purchasing power.

>Paying for crossbow, nah

I would imagine a decent Chinese or local crossbow should be had as cheap or cheaper than a fucking Hanwei sword. I mean seriously I could pretty much build a crossbow if I felt like it an put some effort into it but forging a fucking sword is way more difficult and expensive. It's also lighter and has range.

>there's no class that teaches stick fighting
There's no class because it's easy and intuitive as fuck. You also shouldn't look to typical martial arts classes to teach you self defense skills. In a real fight pure aggression wins. There are no rules. You use whatever you have at hand and may not be carrying your sword. If an attacker gets close enough and starts grappling a sword may be tough to use.
>>
>>34212394
iirc Romans did that as well, but yes it sounds painful, and hard to make oneself do as well, making yourself fall over is difficult
>>
>>34212433
>Modern police forces definitely use batons. If you widen the definition to include unconventional forces then bats are in wide usage in gangs and such.
Modern police use baton as non-lethal striking tools, to subdue threats. The criminal gangs use machete, katana, swords and other edged weapons.
>Maybe so, but spending thousands of USD on a sword isn't exactly an easy decision for anons living in the US and you live in a country with lower purchasing power.
I can get a 2nd-handed sword about $200, that's like half my wage a month. Definitely do-able.
>
I would imagine a decent Chinese or local crossbow should be had as cheap or cheaper than a fucking Hanwei sword. I mean seriously I could pretty much build a crossbow if I felt like it an put some effort into it but forging a fucking sword is way more difficult and expensive. It's also lighter and has range.
A lighter crossbow lacks stopping power, and can only be fired once, if you miss you are done. Meanwhile, range advantage mean jacks in a small room.
>There's no class because it's easy and intuitive as fuck.
Yeah nah, stick fighting also requires techique and such, swinging widely get you nowhere.
>>
>>34212473
>I can get a 2nd-handed sword about $200, that's like half my wage a month. Definitely do-able.
I meant second hand, as in used*
>>
>>34212503
A second-hand sword you can trust to be legit and in good condition? That's a pretty good deal if so.
>>
>>34212418
Kendo's not much about short-swording though and don't really kid yourself, you'll be using sticks in Kendo for a fair while yet.
What is good about it is striking with speed and precision, whats not good about it is that its sort of the watered down meme-fighting like fencing is to actual sword and knife fights.
There's some of it which is useful, which is why I mentioned Eskrima as its a martial art thats a bit closer to actual fighting than some others.

Don't forget Thailand and Philippines have long, often uninterrupted history of blade and knife making, often for fairly cheap and decent quality. The Japs shitcanned most of their bladesmiths around the start of the 20th century, most europeans ended their craft lineages around the industrial revolution. Flips and Thais murdered each other pretty regularly since anyone can remember with bladed objects and still do.
>>
>>34212513
It's a hanwei sword, made in China, basically the cheapest budget sword you can get, while still being a sword.
http://www.kultofathena.com/paulchen.asp

$200 is actually a bit high for a used sword.

>>34212529
All I need to know is how to thrust and swing.

Kendo teaches this.
>>
>>34212571
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=SH2118&name=Hanwei+Practical+Plus+Wakizashi
Goddamn I would have bought this if Vietnam allows sword importation.
>>
File: vietnameseswordofPetertheGreat.jpg (262KB, 1307x482px) Image search: [Google]
vietnameseswordofPetertheGreat.jpg
262KB, 1307x482px
>>34212241
Hit this guy up.

http://tuoitrenews.vn/lifestyle/20904/the-makers-of-traditional-japanese-swords-in-vietnam`
>>
File: Bokken.jpg (137KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Bokken.jpg
137KB, 800x533px
>>34212571
>Kendo teaches this.
It's still mostly a sport, I did it for a few years at uni and its fun. But you really only need to know how to be the last guy standing, live to meme another day.

You should look into getting bokken anyway, there's a lot of muscle groups that you don't use normally that you're going to find
>>
>>34212825
Yeah, I don't trust this dude, his sword is probably waaaay above my paycheck anyway.
>>
make a slambang shotty and look up how to make ammo
alternatively, pointy bamboo stick
alternatively, pointy bamboo stick bayonet taped to slambang shotty
>>
>>34214513
Nah, there are reasons bamboo sticks were only used by the most desperate of men.
>>
>>34214547
then use a kitchen knife or something, you gotta be creative with this shit
fuck, you could even use explosives for home defense if you're that autistic
>>
>>34214586
Or I can buy a goddamn sword.
>>
>>34212122
>>34212529
>eskrima
>arnis
>real fighting
>no sparring
>only drills and katas
>real fighting
>>
>>34214589
but that would take away all the fun, if your asshole is getting reamed either way you might as well remove several sides in the process
>>
>>34214610
Ok anon.
>>
Get a gun illegally. It's a human right to own a gun.
>>
>>34214619
Easier said than done.
>>
>>34214628
Unless you're in japan or singapore or another island, it should be easy
>>
>>34214630
Have you ever bought an illegal gun in your life, tryhard?

And what about feeding it?
>>
>>34211886
A knife would work better in a confined space.
>>
>>34214642
No, a shortsword would be better unless you live in a box.
>>
>>34211842
Just stick with the prod.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.