[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I was reading about the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Tomb_of_the_Unknown_Soldiers.jpg (1MB, 3712x2388px) Image search: [Google]
Tomb_of_the_Unknown_Soldiers.jpg
1MB, 3712x2388px
Hey /k/, I was reading about the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and I found something weird. I tried to do some research on it but couldn't find anything. On the topic of their weapons, it says "Tomb Guards currently carry M14 rifles, which are unloaded and affixed to ceremonial rifle stocks (hand-made by Tomb Guards). These rifles are cleaned daily and kept ready for use at all times."

Several different sources claim that the rifle stocks are hand-made by the tomb guard. Is this true, and if so, how do they do it? Do they take extra classes and training to learn how to make wooden stocks, or is it some kind of special tomb guard thing?
>>
No and no.
>>
>>34208148
Figured as much.
>>
>>34208095
carving wood isn't especially difficult
>>
>>34208095
Saw the changing of the guard once when I was a kid. I'm no expert but I'd say >>34208148 is right.
>>
>>34208095
Probably a noguns way of describing a field strip and reassembly.
>>
>>34208095
>hand-made by Tomb Guards
It could literally be something as banal as two former or retired tomb guards were really into carpentry and so they get together and make really nice and balanced or lightweight stocks for all the current tomb guard weapons.
>>
OP here, I looked around more and found other stuff. They customize stocks, not fabricate them outright.
http://m14forum.com/m14/90657-m14-ceremonial-stock.html
>the stocks are USGI stocks that we customize.
>I had all parts chromed (buttplate, stockliner & screws, sling swivels, to include handguard clip) and custom painted handguard.
>we heavily shave down the comb and pistol grip area.
>>
>>34208179
"noguns" is an offensive term please refrain from using it again or there will be consequences
>>
I am currently stationed at the 1st inf reg (TOG) The old guard and those rifles are not hand made.
>>
>>34208365
*1st INF 3rd Regiment The Old Guard
>>
3 days on. where they work 8-12 hour days. every 2 hours they are rotating who is up on duty and who is underneath prepping and getting out of the weather.

3 days on duty away from the tomb. doing pt, practicing, prepping uniforms, mandatory dumb army shit.

6 days off

and you do that for at least 18 months. no matter the weather.
>>
>>34208364
I will not be censored but for your delicate brain I will use spoiler tags and trigger warnings in future.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.