[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should a populations defence force consist of those who would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: cOVZPAa.jpg (143KB, 1100x735px) Image search: [Google]
cOVZPAa.jpg
143KB, 1100x735px
Should a populations defence force consist of those who would make up the population that are willing to defend the society or should it be in a more warrior class that is always prepared to fight?

It's it worth paying those who would just end up abusing power and setting up a military industrial complex that eats the GDP and trys fucking up the rest of the planet just to make money or relying on a millitia system that is non expansionist and would probably be full of incompetence? Not to say that the current system is not full of incompetence as it is.
>>
TL;DR Military industrial complexes are awesome.

Hence why China is trying to build theirs up as quickly as possible.

No room in the winners circle for hippies.
>>
File: ranger.jpg (271KB, 1280x896px) Image search: [Google]
ranger.jpg
271KB, 1280x896px
>>34207703
>Should a populations defence force consist of those who would make up the population that are willing to defend the society or should it be in a more warrior class that is always prepared to fight?
It sounds like you're asking about militias and vs. professional standing volunteer armies. To which I say the latter is always better, especially when coupled with selective service like the USA has in case a major war occurs.

Military Industrial Complexes are underrated anyways. I mean, frankly, it's the Military Industrial Complex that has given us the near global hegemony we have today. Sometimes stupid shit like the Iraq War happens, but then we also have fun stuff like the Korean War which gives us new allies and greater influence.

And while a militia system in an armed nation like the USA would probably be eventually capable of making any occupation not worth it after a while, that doesn't mean several nations wouldn't try and bring lots of destruction and misery to the nation, or that other groups such as ISIS wouldn't try to hurt us.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.