[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saying a gun is good because it is reliable is like saying you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: jam.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
jam.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
Saying a gun is good because it is reliable is like saying you're a good employee because you show up to work. Reliability is necessary, but not sufficient. If the only good thing you can say about your gun is that it's reliable, then you probably have a shitty gun.
>>
>>34205694
Are you done shitposting yet?
>>
Post your own criterion so we can all laugh at you.
>>
>threads shit posting about slavshit
>threads shitposting about german shit
>all of them only make it to like 5 posts before being removed
..... Yeah man you're totally raiding /k/... good uhh... good work.
>>
>>34205726
In addition to being reliable, a gun must be accurate, ergonomic, reasonably priced, have sufficient capacity and stopping power, etc.
>>
>>34205747
Wew lad is it your first day here or what
>>
>>34205755
No, I've been here for years. Why do you ask?
>>
>>34205747
>accurate
>ergonomic
>reasonably priced
>sufficient capacity
>sufficient stopping power
Must be why everyone ranging from the best competition shooters, to civilians, to LE, to SF guys love their Glocks.

Now, get lost sperg.
>>
>>34205758
Have you learned nothing?
>>
File: 1485730713762.jpg (412KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1485730713762.jpg
412KB, 2048x1536px
>>34205758
>>34205747
>>34205694
You certainly do not seem like a /k/ommando. Single run on sentence thread start, no content, no points or discussion just some weird phrasing.

Nah this is some /a/ shit or something. Maybe even /soc/ or /b/. Get out of here with your shitty threads that go nowhere.

Pic related; me about to kick your ass.
>>
>>34205758
I just think it's funny when some newfaggot starts preaching common knowledge to astronomically more experienced people as if they've discovered some ancient wisdom.
>>
>>34205769
They don't. You are positing a consensus that simply does not exist.
>>34205771
I have learned the /k/ will accuse any opinion they don't like of being "new" or "bait" without actually giving a counterargument.
>>34205803
You would think it's common knowledge, but it isn't. I hear people all the time talking about how great a gun is because it's so reliable. Sorry, but there's more to being a good gun than being reliable.
>>
>>34205819
>I have learned the /k/ will accuse any opinion they don't like of being "new" or "bait" without actually giving a counterargument
Literally no one here is arguing with you.
See >>34205803 that anon nailed it pretty well.

No one is arguing with you. You pretty much walked into a college history class and said 'America was founded in 1776' no shit retard.
>>
>>34205819
kys
>>
>>34205819
Reliability is the most important factor in any defensive firearm period but literally no one will tell you that everything else you've mentioned is unimportant.
>>
>>34205747
Reliability is far more important than any of those other aspects. Those other aspects also change standards depending on the genre and purpose of the gun while criteria for reliability remains the same. Reliability is literally a gun that works vs gun that doesn't work. Also defining a gun as good and not good is arbitrary and subjective and it seems you have set your standards to high.
>>
>>34205747
By that logic the best gun is a single shot bolt action 50bmg.
>>
>>34205747
Has to be b8
Full size and compact glocks have the worst ergo's.
Subcompacts are fine though.

Prices are unreasonable for a bit of steel and polymer my dude.
>>
>>34205887
Do understand the meaning of ergonomics? There's absolutely nothing wrong with a Glock's ergos. Unless you just have little babby hands and want something to complain about because the Glock doesn't have the grip of a PPQ or VP9. Stop being a bitch.

Also, stop being poor. $550 for a high quality handgun is not a lot of money.
>>
>>34205866
>>34205870
A gun that fires and misses does not "work."
>>34205881
That would not have sufficient capacity, nor would it have good ergonomics.
>>34205887
>Full size and compact glocks have the worst ergo's.
That's my point. Glocks are shit, but Glockfags defend them by saying they are "reliable."
>>
>>34205916
A 6 lbs trigger with an inch of creep is not ergonomic.
>>34205916
>high quality handgun
I thought we were talking about Glocks.
>>
>>34205919
Every firearm produced within the last 100 years is more accurate than you are. This is not an argument.
>>
>>34205919
>doesn't understand the actual definiton of ergos
>doesn't actually explain why glocks are shit
>complains about people who defends glocks

So, what is it about Glocks that make them bad guns? Is it the fact that the gun is more accurate than you are? Is it that the Glocks have decent, crisp, and consistent trigger pulls that are easy to master? Is it the low amount of recoil that Glocks have. Is it their good design. Is it their solid ergos? Is it the fact that you can put a 17 round magazine in a compact and subcompact with 15 rounds flush in a Glock 19 and a 33 round magazine if you'd even like? Is it the fact that they are indeed reliable, accurate, hold a sufficient quantity of ammo while also allowing the end user to customize it as he wishes that makes the gun such shit?

Or is it just you wanting to be a snowflake or having little baby hands?

I mean, I get it if you don't like Glocks. It's all good. There are plenty of guns that I don't care for and I don't have any interest in. But if Glocks are good enough for tier-1 operators and the best competition shooters, they're good enough for you.

kys
>>
>>34205938
>5lb with no creep
ftfy

Let me know when you actually have a legitimate concern about Glocks.

If your complaint was the lack of ambi controls for left handed individuals or even a lack of a manual thumb safety because you feel more comfortable with one, then yes, your argument would have merit. However, saying "hurr durr glocks a shit" does not actually constitute an argument or point with any validity.
>>
>>34205747
>accurate
Irrelevant on a handgun. All handguns, period, will put the entire mag through a fajita-size tortilla at 50 yards. The operator is to blame for any misses.
>ergonomic
Debatable. No handgun exists that is truly unergonomic.
>reasonably priced
Under $1,000 for a non-1911 commercial full size, $450-600 for a service pistol, $350-450 for a discount full size or compact defensive pistol.
>sufficient capacity
Anything above 9 is fine.
>stopping power
Meme. Any caliber hitting the CNS is an instant drop and everything above .32 has identical terminal performance as shown by FBI and DoJ statistics. For non-CNS hits, your choice of ammunition matters far more that choice of gun.
>>
>>34205961
Theoretically, yes. However, the Glock's atrocious trigger makes it extremely difficult to shoot with any precision.
>>34205969
>Glocks have decent, crisp, and consistent trigger pulls that are easy to master?
That's absolutely false. The Glock trigger is the opposite of crisp. It's creepy. It's the epitome of a bad trigger.
>>
>>34205919
Is this your first day here? Did you see a someone post a glock meme and you took that for impermeable truth?
>>
>>34205982
Do you not know what the word creep means? It means the distance a trigger moves after resistance is encountered. Glocks have lots of creep.
>>34205987
>Any caliber hitting the CNS
You realize how unlikely that is, right?
>>
>>34205990
This entire post reeks of nogunz
>>
>>34205990
Show me on the doll where the glock touched you.
>>
>>34206006
>Glocks have lots of creep.
No they don't, do you understand how the glock action works? Some might, but most Glocks coming out now have very little creep if any. I've had 3 glocks and it has a crisp trigger. In fact, it has less creep than my PPQ did.
>>
>>34205990
So you just dont like the trigger? that has a crisp break and quick reset?... Even though you can buy after market triggers or simply polish it for different results?
Wowie anon
>>34206006
>creep
Am I the only one who only noticed this the first couple times shooting a glock? It's pretty straight forward and unless you're shooting one round every 10 second pretty unnoticeable.
>>
>>34206041
Heaven forbid they ever shoot a DA/SA or DAO/DAK gun and encounter any resistance to the trigger.
>>
>>34206006
There's a reason people where helmets in war. There's another one for why you should wear one too, preferably all the time.
>>
File: borchardt37[1].jpg (27KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
borchardt37[1].jpg
27KB, 640x426px
>>34205987
>No handgun exists that is truly unergonomic.
Oh, I beg to differ.
>>
>>34205694
Good is subjective and up to user to decide. Also your analogy is shit.
>>
>>34205747
you are fat
>>
>>34205694
Um no sweetie. Most guns are reliable but some are more reliable. A gun being able to take much more abuse is very important in some situations.

Also the said reliable firearms can last several decades longer than other reliable firearms.
>>
>>34205694
You are a dangerous moron. Good luck and God bless your friends and family.
>>
>>34205769
>the best competition shooters
Typically use M1911s, but I've also seen people take Beretta 92fs' out to comp, and I know there was a shooter who took top at USPSA or IDPA using a slightly modded 92. Funny considering you're going to be forking out 2500 dollars to unfuck a glock enough to make it comp usable.

>civilians
See cops use it and think, "Wow, if cops use it, it must be good!" and then lose their hands on their first range trip because their defense ammunition was loaded hotter than what the barrel was rated for

>LE
Use their sidearms once a year, at qualification, and get a discount from Glock that makes them cheaper than most decent sidearms on the market.

>SF
Which is why Glock lost the recent Army contract, and why the Glocks currently being used are going to be dumped because Sig decided to step up the Poly Pistol game instead of flip flopping between having finger grooves. And given the choice between 100 year old M1911s, and 40 year old M11s and M9s, or being able to take Coast Guard Glocks, the choice is clear. Its not because of what's best, its because of what is newer and less likely to fail, while also having enough of an aftermarket that repairs are easily done no matter where you are in the country.
>>
>>34205796
>That hideous FAL

I want to find out where you live, tie you up, take that goddamn FAL and scrub that horrible paint job off it and give it a decent one.
>>
>>34206777
Every point besides the competition shooters response is true for every firearm that is used in majorities. It's true for the AR anywhere in america.

As for the competition shooting part, that's just not true. the IDPA has noted for 10 years+ that the glock and other striker fired pistols are by far the most popular.
http://www.idpa.com/
http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2014/09/popular-pistols-used-idpa-shooters/#idpa-gun
http://www.washingtontimes.com/multimedia/collection/best-competition-firearms/
>>
>>34206817
>not recognizing a tripfag
Uhh anon that is obviously not him. It's some weirdo named sayu/k/a or something.
>>
>>34206777
All that effort and not even one single point refuting Glock's greatness.

Fail. Glocks still win.
>>
>>34205694
This picture is dumb as shit

>Look at this jam I had while running 3 gun in my living room

Fucking stupid. At least pull these retard stunts at the range where it's semi believable.
>>
>>34206907
actually if you reverse image searched you'd have found this post on a forum from 2013.
>Hi, I have a Glock 17 early gen. (no accessory rail) that I bought used about 7 years ago. It has sat for some time in the drawer with 9 rounds in the mag and now when pull the slide back to load it the round gets jammed. (see pic) It didn't do this before and I'm wondering if it is because it sat with rounds in the mag for a couple of years. Maybe a spring issue? The gun is clean and oiled.
>gun sat for years without being cycled or anything
>tried to ride slide home
>'it jammed what happened!'
dur
>>
File: 1496743486853.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496743486853.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>34205796
You look good anon
Kick his ass.
>>
This thread gave me a cancer pls stop
>>
>>34205990
Sounds like you fucking suck at shooting noguns
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.