[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sgt. Baker refused to be moved...preferred to be left to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 3

File: ThomasBakerMedalofHonor.jpg (14KB, 188x250px) Image search: [Google]
ThomasBakerMedalofHonor.jpg
14KB, 188x250px
>Sgt. Baker refused to be moved...preferred to be left to die rather than risk the lives of any more of his friends.
>A short time later, at his request, he was placed in a sitting position against a small tree.
>Sgt. Baker refused [assistance], insisting that he be left alone and be given a soldier's pistol with its remaining 8 rounds of ammunition.
>Sgt. Baker was propped against a tree, pistol in hand, calmly facing the foe.
>body was found in the same position, gun empty, with 8 Japanese lying dead before him.

Drives me up the wall when guys talk about how they need a pile of ammo to "defend themselves."
>>
>>34197969
Idiot if you ask me.
>>
File: 1459414702788.jpg (116KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
1459414702788.jpg
116KB, 1080x1349px
>believing everything you hear
>>
Reminds me of that story about the three US marines who were sent out to recon a Japanese camp on Saipan. Two Marines got injured or became sick due to the jungle conditions and had to wait behind whilst the one lone marine continued on. He stumbled upon a medium sized Japanese camp in the night with one lone sentry guarding it and bayoneted every Japanese soldier as he slept. Wiped out an entire battalion. It's highly similar to the OPs story in the sense it didn't happen either.
>>
>>34197969
>body was found in the same position, gun empty, with 8 Japanese lying dead before him.

japs confirmed for zombie tier intelligence
>>
>>34197969
45 stoppan powah
>>
>>34197969
>"defend themselves."
Well, that guy ended up dead, so maybe 8 rounds weren't enough
>>
>>34198305
maybe the japanese were out of ammo only option was to use their yamato banzai desu senpai autusimo rushu attack.
>>
If he had an extendo glock there'd be 32 dead
makes you think
>>
>>34197969
I fucking hate when noobs use land stand perk.
>>
>>34198152
Do you have a source?
>>
>>34197969
>>body was found in the same position, gun empty, with 8 Japanese lying dead before him.
>Drives me up the wall when guys talk about how they need a pile of ammo to "defend themselves."
So I guess you missed the part where he died.
>>
>>34198707
He was heavily wounded idiot. He bled out
>>
>>34198725
How'd he get injured if 8 rounds was plenty?
>>
>>
>>34198743
Yeah, yeah, yeah.... and if he had had a couple of nukes, he could have taken out most of the Japanese army.... The moral of the story you dumbass is that he made all 8 shots count... no matter ho many rounds his "choice" of gun would have held, he still would have made use of them and ended up just as dead in the end!
>>
>>34197969
>guy only has eight rounds
>dies

nice self-defense there faglord
>>
>>34198917

the point of self defense is to not end up dead lol
>>
>>34198725
How do you know there wasn't a 9th Jap?
>>
I guess live to fight another day didn't resonate well with marines. hmmmm
>>
>>34198917
Ok but if he got shot multiple times wouldn't that mean 8 isn't enough?
>>
>>34198458
You want a source something didn't happen? Like some sort of anti matter source
>>
>>34197969
if he had an AR and 10 mags, he might have killed them AAAALLLLLL.
>>
>>34197969
You need a pile of ammo to PRACTICE so you're actually able to defend yourself. You are no better than the thousands of "gun owners" in this country who buy a pistol and one box of ammo, and keep it in a drawer "just in case" as if they'll ever be able to use it properly if they never practice.
You "need" as much ammo as you can afford. More training is never a bad thing and almost everyone has room for improvement

Libs of course never understand this and think it's for massacres, but again, OP's line of thinking is just as cancerous
>>
>>34199081
Really depends on where and what you get shot by anon.
>>
>a mortally wounded man who has accepted the warm embrace of death will preform the same as a wired up adrenaline filled trooper surrounded by an enemy
Makes us thunk...
>>
>>34197969
If he had a double stack instead of a shitty 1911 it could have been more.
>>
>>34200422
>as if they'll ever be able to use it properly if they never practice.

It's funny because the reality of most SD situations involves this and people get off just fine.

A gun is not some arcane magical instrument requiring years of study.

It's a very simple object with very simple implementation.
>>
>>34198152
I think he killed about fiddy men, right?
>>
>>34197969
Didn't happen.

>Somehow manages to hit and kill 8 Japanese with just a single shot for each one while not getting killed himself
>>
>>34200739
>while not getting killed himself
But he did
>>
>>34198811
>Risk your life in a minefield for an enemy combatant
Balls of steel, but ISHYGDDT
>>

Uh, 1911 has 7 round capacity?
inb4 DER WUS WON IN DA PIPE meme
>>
>>34200780
1 in chamber, 7 in mag
>>
>>34200684
This though

Gun lover vision on how shit goes down:
>break in at night shatters glass
>immediately awoken to Cooper Condition Orange
>grab self defense gun from the bed-mounted safe
>tactically sweep each room moving towards the threat
>they're holding Wife/Daughter with a knife to her throat, heads are 1 foot apart
>focus on front sight, cool, collected
>this is what I trained for
>tight grouping center mass, Bad Guy down
>manhood escalated
>orgasm

Reality:
>groggily awake and bolt up in fear
>grab gun in panic
>shoot in general direction of robber
>they flee
>talk to cops for 3 hours
>>
>>34198008
>recognized that he was a burden and danger to the unit
>insists he be left behind to allow for a retreat
sounds like a smart man.
>>
>>34198368
nah senpai, there'd be a crater where he got glocknaded
>>
>>34200684
>It's a very simple object with very simple implementation.

Kind-of, but basically. A 1911 is absurdly simple, but it's physics are complex. It's effects are very long term.

Sgt Baker went out hard.
Godspeed, Sergeant.
>>
>>34200864

>dies
>smart man

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>34200909
Everyone dies
Not everyone dies the same
>>
>>34200864
if he was good enough to take down 8 japs with 8 bullets before dying then he was probably worth more than whoever would have died in his unit saving him. and he was probably a higher rank too
>>
>>34200909
War is not self-defense of the individual, it is self defense/offense of the country or other group. Sacrifice is a much more applicable concept to a group of soldiers vs a person defending their homestead.
>>
>>34200946
Maybe
But that's assuming he thought he could live, even if he got to evac

And even if he did, it'd be wrong to ask for someone else to stay behind in his stead
>>
>>34200973
>War is not self-defense of the individual
War is exactly that
It's just that there are added steps of tricking individuals into a position where they will have defend themselves or die
>>
>>34200990
anon status
[ ] told

[ ] not told

[x] told as fuck
>>
>>34200921

Of course everyone dies. No fucking shit retard. This fellow died needlessly. He also failed to reproduce. His genetics ended, forever, because he chose to let himself be killed by the japs. Im sorry i just dont see how someone who won the darwin award can be considered a "smart man".

Brave? Definitely. Honorable? Id say say. Smart? Fuck no. There is nothing dumber than getting yourself killed needlessly.

What really happened;
>dude fights bravely
>gets wounded
>keeps fighting with all hes got
>"buddies" try to drag him out of there
>their lives get put in great peril, wounded dude slowing them down
>give him a pistol and say good luck and bounce
>come back go find him btfo by the japs
>make up some top 10 greatest anime deaths tier story to cover up the fact you left your bro to die
>dude gets MoH, still is kill tho
>get back stateside and plow mad bitches with your war stories while sgt hero rots in the ground
>>
>>34201026
There are more types of memes than genetic ones.
>>
>>34198081
Id fuck that
>>
>>34201026
You're no more than a filthy animal if you think reproducing is the only worthwhile goal in life.
>>
>>34201026

>>dude gets MoH, still is kill tho
>get back stateside and plow mad bitches with your war stories while sgt hero rots in the ground.

No kidding if shit went pear shaped and you were in my 1A7 ts, I'd be looking on from on high, smiling as I banged angels.

As it is, 30 years later, the pig is gone as is Huey.
>>
>>34201107

Youre no more than bug food if you thinking going down in a blaze of glory is the most important thing in life.

And yeah passing on your genetics is literally the single most important thing in life. It IS life. We are filthy fucking animals you dumb fuck - never forget that.
>>
>>34201129
Non-biological legacy is just as important.
Baker's sacrifice contributed more to his legacy than any shit kid

There's still his family
If he had sisters, he has genetic descendants
>>
>>34201194

Nah bro. His parents had genetic descendants. His siblings had genetic descendants. But him? None. His genes ended. Unless you are identical twins, you do not have the same genetics as your sibling. Similar, obviously, but they are not the same. Do all the mental gymnastics you want - your siblings genes are not your genes, end of story.

Sgt dumbass decided his genes were not worthy of being passed on through time. Unfortunately, aside from his failing the darwin test intentionally, he probably would have been a great contribution to the genepool considering his bravery.
>>
>>34200722
Lost his shins as well IIRC
>>
>>34201290
Kin selection nigger
That's how we got society going in the first place

All altruism comes from kin selection
If your ancestors were "le bad ass lone wolf" like you are, you'd have never existed.
>>
>>34198368
I think you mean stendo
>>
>>34201324

Wtf does that have to do with anything? No fucking shit. Of course your kin are important and worth protecting - you share the bulk of your genes with them. But that doesnt mean your genes = their genes.

I said his genes were erased from the earth. Just because maybe his family's genes continue on doesnt mean shit in this discussion - his genes are gone and its his fault. He won the darwin award. His genes =\= someone elses genes, even if he had siblings.
>>
>>34201387
I don't think you know how genes work.
>>
>>34201387
Read a book nigger
Topic: Kin selection

Parents that have half their kids die to protect the other half of their kids have more descendants that have all their kids try to keep alive.
That's Darwin shit there.
>>
>>34198355
>killing one dindu is the same as fighting an entire unit of japs

Remove yourself from the gene pool.
>>
>>34200811
>Cooper Condition Orange
Kek'd
And check'd
>>
>>34201450

when did this become a race thing
>>
>>34201026
>everyone dies

Nope, I'm still alive.
>>
>>34198152
>>34200739

http://www.cmohs.org/recipient-detail/2623/baker-thomas-a.php
>>
>>34201488

>1488

It's always been a race thing, just some people are less honest about it.
>>
>>34201420

Ok and "parents" who have no kids because they decided to play hero and get shot in their stupid fucking face have ZERO decendants. My genes are unique to me. I want them to continue on, as well as i want my families genes to continue as well.

Sgt hero has no descendents. Zero. He died before he could reproduce. His genes do not go on. You can argue that his family's genes continue on, and how he forfilled some sort of evolutionary game for max benifit to that effect - but again, thats a completely different arguement. HIS genes are gone forever. But go ahead, move the goalposts and tell me all about his parents' and siblings' genes.
>>
>>34201633
>My genes are unique to me.
Ah, I see where you are going wrong
Your genes are not unique

You have your parents' genes
It is unlikely that you have a truly unique "useful" mutation.

Between your siblings, all your parents genes are likely passed on.
You are just part of a spectrum. With many redundancies

Besides, in order for Sgt. Baker to pass on his genes, he needs to trust a woman to have his child
And let's be honest, that's just a thing of faith that any kid she has is a kid of his

That's why in many cultures, the nephew is the only descendant a man can truly trust.
>>
>>34201633
Dude, you need to step back, and consider the possibility that you are placing too much importance on your opinion. Its OK to be wrong. You are young, its going to happen over and over. Learn from it.

It may or may not be "important" that your genes live on, but is it important that its directly your child? I do not think so. Your child only gets 50% of your genes anyway, and then your grandchildren only get 25%, and so on.
>>
>>34201420

Ok and "parents" who have no kids because they decided to play hero and get shot in their stupid fucking face have ZERO decendants. My genes are unique to me. I want them to continue on, as well as i want my families genes to continue as well.

Sgt hero has no descendents. Zero. He died before he could reproduce. His genes do not go on. You can argue that his family's genes continue on, and how he forfilled some sort of evolutionary game for max benifit to that effect - but again, thats a completely different arguement. HIS genes are gone forever. But go ahead, move the goalposts and tell me all about his parents' and siblings' genes.
>>
>>34201726
>I want them to continue on, as well as i want my families genes to continue as well.

That's just your weak genes talking.
>>
>>34198008
He was gonna die anyways. Might as well take out a few more Japs along the way.
>>
>>34201726
>HIS genes are gone forever

So? Not like they carry some inherit "bad ass" gene. Besides his genes are just shuffled mix from two other shuffled mixs, just like his siblings.
>>
>>34198305
He could very well have pretended to be dead so they'd get close enough to take em out for a pistol
>>
his stuff before July 7th legit, his propped against tree probably bunk, but he in front of witnesses single handed took on large groups of enemy soldiers ... impressive

if someone wants to take my life I intend to be a very expensive hunk of meat to buy

he probably cranked up a good bill. That's a pretty good soldier
>>
>>34201290
Did u miss the part of the story where he was heavily wounded and required help to move, perhaps even two on a stretcher? His men had to make a hasty retreat and had he been selfish enough to value his safety over that of his comrades, they might have all died. We also don't know the extent of his wpumds, he could have been about to for anyway and wanted to take as many japs with him l.
>>
>>34197969
Maybe if he had 9 rounds, he'd be alive today.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.