[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /k/ just bought a Garand. Any Garand owners here? Would be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3089.jpg (31KB, 500x158px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3089.jpg
31KB, 500x158px
Sup /k/ just bought a Garand. Any Garand owners here? Would be it full retard to use it as my deer rife? I primarily hunt in the woods, it the shots are fairly close range.
>>
>>34197555
>Would be it full retard to use it as my deer rife?
No.
>>
>>34197566
FPBP
Literally a normal use of the gun.
Apparently, they have really good iron sights.
>>
>>34197555
R-RICH FAGS GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>34197555
It'll work if you really want to but its a poor choice. It's heavy, long, and the sights are no substitute for an optic (for hunting). But it will work.

Also you'll want to get an aftermarket gas plug to shooy hunting ammo.
>>
>shooting on a friend's property with my dad
>have Garand out
>shooting tons of rounds
>group of retarded turkey walk up wondering what the commotion is all about
>ask my dad if we can bag a turkey
>no son. This isn't our property and the owner didn't didn't give us permission to shoot animals on his property.
>"oh. We can't *shoot* them. Roger that."
>mount bayonet
>bayonet charge turkeys

I didn't get any. But my God it would have been glorious if I did.
>>
>>34197580
Civilian Marksmanship Program friendo.
>>
>>34197555
>Would be it full retard to use it as my deer rife?
Why would you ever think that? Unless you tried it out and can't hit the broad side of a barn with it vs your other guns.
>the shots are fairly close range.
It should easily be fine to 200 yards so long as you aren't a shit shot. I'll leave further stuff to your judgement.
But your durr hunting sounds like mine, you never hardly get a shot beyond 100 yards, and usually it's more like half of that. And a flat shooting rifle round would make your longer range experiece a lot easier than mine since I'm restricted to slugs and muzzleloaders. I use a muzzleloader, and I'd even easily trust that up to 200 yards-ish.
>>
>>34197555
Garand owner here. I used to fantasize about hunting with a Garand when I was 13, but I've wizened up since. You must be young.
>>34197580
If he were rich, he wouldn't be thinking about using a Garand for hunting.
>>34197582
This, plus I don't like the idea of wearing out a relic that they don't make anymore when I have other guns that will work better.
>>
>>34197555
I just sent in my CMP order yesterday. What did you get? Pics?
>>
>>34197647
Huh? Does being a cmp member give you discounts on garands or something?
>>
>>34198629
No, it means you can buy them from the CMP.
>>
>>34197555
Nope, I use mine for Moose.
>>
>>34197555
as a quick reinforcement of >>34197582
the Garand is designed for use with M2 ball ammunition, get an adjustable gas plug to accommodate more powerful loads often used for hunting or you will run the risk of damaging the operating rod, have a link to one.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/777146/schuster-dcm-adjustable-gas-plug-with-wrench-m1-garand-steel-parkerized
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.