[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ whats up? First of all lemme explain the situation.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

Hey /k/ whats up?

First of all lemme explain the situation. I live in a country with aweful gun regulations for citizens. The goverment is corrupt as fuck, so many civilians who want to own a legal gun have to go trought painfully long burocratic paper work, pay around 2,000 to 5,000 dolars for the aquisition of a handgun, for example. We have currently a gun import ban that started 8 years ago, and as you may guess, all robbers and criminals of all kinds have guns, either same or better than the police. The goverment made this gun import ban to "reduce the quiantity of gun related crimes" in the country, so there is no way for a mid income citizen to get a simple .38 revolver to defend itself. Most of the legal gun owners in my country are wealthy people who can afford to expend 2,000 for a ruger, arms co, or any low tier handgun on the local market, or a second handed gun.

Am a forencics graduate from the university and happen to get involved in the airsoft comunity of my country. I met this great guy, an former royal green jacket that moved from England years after he retired and now works as a banker. He has this love/hate relationship with airsoft since its not the real thing, my country has no army, no navy and the closest we have as something like that is the border patrol and the aeronaval service...but no military vesels, nothing. My point and question is, why do veterans hate airsoft so much? What is it so dissapointing about it? I0ve heard that there are some veterans that even use airsoft as theraphy for their PTSD. What does /k/ think? I really dont get offended (oldfag here) but I would really like to know your opinions about this sport. Top bonus for veterans and retired from a REAL military around the globe.
>>
Nothing inherently wrong with it, its just in practical terms and offshoot of paintball or nerf. The issue is the community, which is insufferably larpy, which is also not inherently bad, but its the kind of larping where they think it gives them some sort of expertise on the real thing. Cant stand that shit. Especially since its so easy to get into any real army, so there's no reason to play dressups.
People meme about GMR and those facebook groups where people claim they got PTSD from shooting plastic pellets at each other, but those are real serious people and they're total cancer to any community they try to inject themselves into.
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.