[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Australian Goverment 20 years ago: >guns are very very bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0322.jpg (517KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0322.jpg
517KB, 1080x1920px
Australian Goverment 20 years ago:

>guns are very very bad get rid of all of them or have some prison time

Australian Government now:

>ahh things are getting a little spooky we now need guns to keep us safe

RRRREEEE
>>
Don't complain this is what we want.
>>
>Giving a bunch of noguns cops easy access to firearms in a country with pretty much no gun crime
It'll be like those pics of euro terror attacks when a bunch of female parking monitors that haven't touched a gun since police college end up on the streets trying to look intimidating while they chickenwing at passing prams and geriatrics, except every single day. I give it a week before some bogan kid with a brightly colored super-soaker ends up perforated.
>>
>>34189486
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's happening. It's good that the Police Commissioner wants to do it and that labour is actually on board for fucking once in their miserable lives.
>>
>>34189456
Isn't it amazing? If you read the Brit papers about the recent attack they are delighted the police responded in 8 minutes. Nothing about the fact the nutters killed and attacked over 20 people. One guy on the scene with a pistol is all they needed. I'm sure that 8 minutes was a fucking eternity for some.

So Aussie..we have the same shit here. U ain't alone. If it wasn't so serious and fucking sad it would be hilarious.
>>
Do a bit more reading on it OP

Basically they're saying about 100 NSW cops will be trained on something like the EF88 or M4 (semi-autos only)- the riot/public order and response muppets that deal with higher level threats. There's also a bit of shrieking about it being a 'shoot to kill' and justifiable homicide of people that might be a terrorist, which is kind of understandable as cops are there to defend people and preserve order in society (well thats the theory), so shooting first and not asking too many questions is up for debate.
Being the convict scum we are, that's kind of interesting as no one really trusts the police to begin with and if some bogan gets mag-dumped for not pulling over their car in a timely manner 'because we thought he was a terrorist', isn't really a justifiable police action. A lot of ex-military guys like me, see that is perfectly justifiable if we're in a war zone (and I would be the worst police officer ever!) but maybe not so much in civilised society.

Also by and large, fairly much every regular cop I've ever met has been a fucking awful shot, so giving them to general duties would be a bad idea in the first place!
>>
>giving penal colonist police ar-15 when civies cant even get em
what could go wrong
>>
File: 1473469046490.png (55KB, 1302x1056px) Image search: [Google]
1473469046490.png
55KB, 1302x1056px
>>34189456
they didn't have any rifles before? what did they use boomerangs? bottles of VB?
>>
>>34189456
>we can't trust the people to have rifles but we can trust the police
i went to a range once when i was 17, and there were a few cunts from the NSW police there. that was the first time in my life i'd ever fired a gun, but even then they were more dangerous than me.

at one point two of them were having a conversation while shooting, and one of them turned around and pointed a loaded firearm directly at the head of his coworker with his finger on the trigger. neither of them even flinched.

those cunts are dangerous. i wouldn't trust them with an aborted koala.
>>
>>34190131

Throwable drop bears.

>>34190286
>>34189715

What makes it extra amusing is that most anti-gunners will claim that civvies can't be trusted to shoot straight.
>>
>>34189456
>Military-style guns
Someone hold me
>>
>>34189544
People who bitch about chickenwinging are couch commandos 9 times out of 10
>>
>>34190131
They probably have a few of some kind of assault rifle for SWAT teams in the big cities. Those swat teams take a lot of time to assemble and are pretty much useless for dealing with a dynamic situation.
>>
File: Long-Arm-of-The-Law.jpg (1MB, 1920x1413px) Image search: [Google]
Long-Arm-of-The-Law.jpg
1MB, 1920x1413px
>>34189456
How is that bad news?
>>
>>34191158
Ive been shooting since a young age and still chicken wing. I don't really see a problem with it other than perhaps expanding your surface area? I've also never really heard it knocked on other than ok /k.
>>
>>34191244
That's because it's a better target shooting stance that gives a more stable position to shoulder the rifle from.

The reasons NOT to chicken wing are so you can face the plate of your armor towards (rifle) armed enemies by shooting chest forward, and to keep your elbow tucked for cqb (don't band it on shit/present a larger target around cover)

For the purposes of a cop on a bridge stopping achmed and his cultural enrichment truck, chicken wing is absolutely fine.
>>
>>34189715
>as cops are there to defend people and preserve order in society
But as we learnt just a week or two ago in regard to the commission on the Lindt siege, they're not really there to defend people if it puts them at risk, just to clean up after the fact.
>>
>>34191689
why don't we bring in the fucking army then?
>>
>>34191705
That's an idea I can get behind. Because when successful terrorist attacks continue to happen, maybe people will understand that everyone is ultimately responsible for themselves, and you can't completely delegate that responsibility to anyone else.

In fact, there'd probably be more terrorist attacks.
>>
>>34191797
if you tell people that they need to protect themselves, and if you give them the ability to do so, everything will fall apart. we don't even trust our people with cars, how could we trust them with the power of life and death? our entire society is predicated on the idea that someone that isn't you knows what's best for you. if you straight up tell people that they need to protect themselves, that axiom disintegrates and you move closer to a proper revolution.
>>
>>34191870
>you move closer to a proper revolution.
...yes, and...?
>>
>>34191957
i'd prefer having a stroke over a speeding ticket for doing 40 in a 100 zone over fighting in the trenches.
>>
>>34191870
My American brain can't comprehend the idea of people not outright wanting the right and means to defend themselves barring you're some California level cuck.

How do we help you, Ozzy-chan?
>>
>>34191966
Cuck
>>
File: chile.jpg (71KB, 628x439px) Image search: [Google]
chile.jpg
71KB, 628x439px
>>34191987
>How do we help you, Ozzy-chan?
give us a sikorsky office or two and follow in the footsteps of your fathers
>>
>>34191966
Revolution in Australia would be more like the revolutions in 90s post-Soviet states, mostly peaceful. It wouldn't be like Syria, we don't have the same sorts of deep-seated and historic divisions.
>>
File: vb roo.jpg (90KB, 460x582px) Image search: [Google]
vb roo.jpg
90KB, 460x582px
>>34190031
>what could go wrong
Being a dirty unkempt rural that does licensed shooting for killing pests, I am basically more heavily armed than our local cops (dozen or so bolt action fudd-cannons, MR762, half a dozen pistols and a DDV7)

>>34190286
>>34190334
I get along fine with the local and area cops, but I know for a fact that they're terrible as we might see them at the range every 1-2 years and most of the regulars down there probably shoot once a week or so, maybe once a month for the slackers like me. Getting old and crusty as I am, its kind of scary seeing the 20-somethings straight out of cop-school, greener than an unripe banana and that's just the blokes. Women cops are terrifying creatures liable to brandish and throw down if they get even the slightest resistance.

>>34191689
>just to clean up after the fact.
Yeah that's the article up for debate with NSW police is that they spent hours bitching about shooting someone who hadn't fired a shot and if it would mean an unjustifiable homicide. That basically comes down to their top-level not authorising when they should, if there's a deranged cunt running around with a black flag, shottie and hostages- seriously, just shoot him and feel bad about the poor guy who has to scrape the brains off the walls after. You know, play the stupid game, win a stupid prize.

>>34191705
>bring in the fucking army then?
lol no!
Our idea of a "non-lethal conflict resolution" is basically having 4-5 guys kick you in the balls, face, guts and head until you stop moving- then let you know you're being detained.
>>
>>34193198
>Women cops are terrifying creatures liable to brandish and throw down if they get even the slightest resistance.
women should not be cops, period. not only are they a danger to themselves, they are a danger to everyone in the country.
>>
>>34193198
How does it work if you want to get into pistol shooting but there's no pistol clubs nearby?
>>
>>34189486
>wanting people who only shoot once a year to be allowed semi-auto longarms

Yeah nah
>>
>>34193218
Wouldn't go that far, just settle for them not churning out moto-turbo arseholes at the end of their training. Its like they bang them up with steroids and cut them loose saying the angrier you are, the more people will take you seriously!
I mean fuck, this is Australia and we'll just end up giggling and take the piss if people lose their shit 9x out of 10

>>34193369
Get in car, drive to one.
Some people make a 200km round trip and day of it at ours, plus its good for networking- get to meet some tradies who will do jobs on mates rates, cheap guns & ammo and all that good stuff
>>
>>34192076
>Oi Mal, we're all sick of your shit so grab your mates and fuck off!
>Yeah alright then, but whose gonna run the government once we're gone?
>Fucked if I know, but she'll be right.

and thus was Australia saved.
>>
>>34193381
>wanting to get cucked by terrorists because you can't get over relatively minor political differences between you and your countrymen
>>
>>34193198
>Our idea of a "non-lethal conflict resolution" is basically having 4-5 guys kick you in the balls, face, guts and head until you stop moving- then let you know you're being detained.

Grow up manchild. You don't know how easy you can be killed by one of those kicks. At the very least left in a twitching even more retarded smelly heap than you already are.
>>
>>34194820
Cool your autism buddy, what the nasty man is warning us about that the military runs on a whole other level and you really don't want them policing anything, otherwise it just turns into some 3rd world shit like Indonesia or Africa where they just kill everyone in the village.
They aren't really trained to police anything outside of a warzone
>>
>>34189486
And we want the Chinese to colonize you.

You not having guns is gonna work out for all of us.
>>
>>34195032
>And we want

You want to role play countries- /int/ there you go little fella
>>
>>34189456
>From the National Australian Homicide Monitoring program report 2012: "The homicide rate has continued to decline each year, since 1989-90. The periods 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 are the lowest homicide rate since data collection began in 1989

Funny how gun laws work
>>
File: IMG_0346.jpg (103KB, 474x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0346.jpg
103KB, 474x591px
>>34195184
>Australias population is 90%+ white
>funny how that works
>>
>>34189456
>we
The police are not the people.
>>
>>34195207
The ocean is the same concept as the wall. A barrier that is very hard to pass through
>>
>>34193895
Until I see hundreds of thousands of chinks, indians, arabs and africans leaving this country, Australia is fucked
>>
>>34195032
By the time the Chinese colonise us, America will long since have become a mexican colony aha
>>
>>34195184
The number of guns in private ownership eclipsed the 1996 levels in 2011.

Funny how that works.
>>
>>34189577
>8 minutes is an eternity while you're being stabbed to death by a nigger
Aint that the truth.
>>
File: 1494972825181.jpg (37KB, 641x530px) Image search: [Google]
1494972825181.jpg
37KB, 641x530px
>>34195184
They worked so good that the homicide rate started declining 6-7 years before the laws changed?
>>
What exactly do you want changed? License restrictions? Storage methods? Australia doesn't even have real self defense laws, so without changing that, you can't even use the gun to shoot Tyrone or Ahmed when he is raping your neighbor Wendy
>>
>>34195286
>Australia doesn't even have real self defense laws

It has very clearly defined self defence laws regarding property, deprivation of liberty, trespass, assault, threat to life and prevention of those things to yourself or another person.
You are not liable to criminal charge for using reasonable force to defend yourself.
>>
>>34195184
Meanwhile over the same time period the firearm homicide rate in the USA has gone down even more...
>>
>>34195304
>reasonable force
Who decides what is reasonable?
>>
>>34195330
our benevolent overlords, the kikes
>>
>>34195333
Then it's shit.

Also do you Australians get hounded by police just for owning a gun? Random visits from cops poking their nose into your house
>>
>>34195269
And kept declining despite the argument that the laws would increase rates.
>>
>>34195346
just wait until those beautiful kings amongst men, the shitskins, begin to flow into our country
>>
>>34195357
Just helping give a bigger picture senpai. Aussie got shit laws and their intentional homicide rate floats around .98 per 100k. Meanwhile the US has lax laws and more guns than citizens and our rate is 4.88 per 100k.
>>
>>34195367
it's almost as if shitskins commit most of those murders
>>
>>34195370
It's almost as if Australia has shitskins too and less guns yet America having more guns than citizens doesn't stop their murdering anyone more than it does Australia
>>
>>34195330
Go have a read
https://www.judcom.nsw.gov.au/publications/benchbks/criminal/self-defence.html
>>
Australia has very few niggers, yet the small number we do have is currently causing enormous levels of home break ins and car jacking never before seen in this country. It's only a matter of time before we have American nigger gang tier violence if this immigration continues. Then the raping of white women will skyrocket as well. and it's women who vote/support this shit. Fucking idiots.

anyway sage because getting off guns as a topic
>>
>>34195346
So the law had no impact? And how about assault and theft rates?
>>
File: gun control wor-.jpg (180KB, 815x1440px) Image search: [Google]
gun control wor-.jpg
180KB, 815x1440px
>>34189544
>pretty much no gun crime
>>
>>34189456
At least they are getting the full killer 22LR version. (OP Photo)
>>
>>34195421
Crimes that people walk away from? I'm sure some kind anon can show a link for those in Australia. Sadly all I have is the US
>The FBI released its annual compilation of crimes reported to its Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program by law enforcement agencies from around the nation. Crime in the United States, 2015 reveals a 3.9 percent increase in the estimated number of violent crimes and a 2.6 percent decrease in the estimated number of property crimes last year when compared to 2014 data.
>>
>>34195477
What's the homicide rate of whites in America compared to all of Australia?
>>
>>34195494
You mean Cherry picked data? The FBI stats don't show much of that
>>
>>34195540
>cherry picked
LOL

American count mexicans as white so it will still be biased in your favor shitskin
>>
>>34195540
>>34195494
If you look at homicide rates by state, then look at the states that are like 90%+ white, there are a few with about equal homicide rates compared to Australia, a several more with homicide rates below 2 per 100k, but half of them are >=2.

The nice places are the out-of-the-way New England states, Idaho, and Utah. The rest of those fly-over white states (eg. the Dakotas or Colorado) are above 2.

Basically, it's just a /k/ meme that white America is less killy than Europe, but I consider anything <2 is reasonable, which is still a decent chunk of white America.
>>
>>34195573
Pulling an opinion out of my ass, I'm gonna assume some criminals outside of your state grown tend to flock to places considered "easy targets". I'm not finding a red carpet rolling out with cross state crime stats from out of staters. I see what it's catagorized as but not too much on it.
>>
>>34194254
>relatively minor political difference
>>
>>34195337
Yes, simply owning a firearm gives the Police free reign to enter your house at their leisure for "Inspections", you can't refuse them either or risk losing your licence
>>
>>34193381
>People I don't like shouldn't have access to firearms
go fuck yourself
>>
File: 1444751859266.jpg (51KB, 350x392px) Image search: [Google]
1444751859266.jpg
51KB, 350x392px
>>34189456
>Things changed the last 20yrs
How hypocritical of them.
>>
>>34195873
You can refuse them. In most states they have to give you 24 hours notice if you ask for it. You have to arrange a time within the next 24 hours where you will be home and you can bet they will inspect the shit out of you next time.
>>
>>34196084
>>34195873
Screw that. What a complete violation of privacy.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.