[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is an AR15 pattern rifle really what I'm going to need for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

Is an AR15 pattern rifle really what I'm going to need for innawoods racewar sexy time?

Will 5.56x45 really be the most available rifle round when SHTF?

Is there something else I should have as a backup weapon when the barbarian hordes are battering the gates?
>>
have you considered going back to >>>/pol/ ?
>>
Have you considered a FAMAS?
>>
>Will 5.56x45 really be the most available round when SHTF?

Yes. Your average spic isn't a /k/tard collecting AKs and milsurp. They're just picking what's most popular and what looks the coolest.
>>
5.56 will do just fine, most won't have mil-spec body armor/plates/whatever

For everything else, improvise
>>
Kalesh or youre dead meat...
>>
22 and 12ga will be more common.
>>
>>34188223
This is exactly what I wanted to hear.
>>
>>34187823
Yes, it should be more then enough. Very few "barbarians" are going to have even steel armor let alone expensive ceramic armor to contend with. 5.56 will be plenty full and effective.
>>
>>34187823
>SHTF
>race war
sage for autism
>>
The guns you're most likely to see if a society comes unglued are typically whatever is the most readily available/cheapest to ratio of maximum dakka/ease of use. In the long term mechanical simplicity and reliability become factors.

Now realistically if you have 120 rounds and your gun can fire them without any catastrophic failure it'll probably last much longer in a firefight than whoever is using it.

In that sense now that basic bitch ARs can be had for $350, ammo and mags are everywhere and they have low recoil and enough mechanical accuracy to be somewhat combat effective with at least the first couple combat engagements I think you'll be seeing 5-10 ARs to anything else. There will be other stuff, and a surprising diversity, but AR parts and ammunition will be by far the most common. For this reason if you have a solid 8/10 AR you'll have both a well rounded combat weapon and a near limitless availability of supplies to keep it shooting. But then again on your own your life expectancy is so short that even a 2/10 shit-tier AR will probably outlast you. There's a lot more to surviving big shake-ups than having the most Gucci of armament. Especially nowadays when some kid with a $50 Hi-Point can end you with a grazing wound that becomes septic.
>>
>>34187898
What the fuck does this have to do with /pol/?

Holy shit, i'm so fucking sick of seeing you babies whine about how everything you don't like is /pol/. You're on every board with that shit.
>>
>>34188721
Do you know where I can find a reliable ranking of AR pattern rifles in terms of cost/quality?
>>
>>34189822
they're all cheap as fuck right now. a gun for every budget.

now let this horrible thread die peacefully.
>>
>>34189191
Not even >>34187898
But if you can't see that anon is talking about how OP said "innawoods racwar" then your probably physically inept and typically that's something pol fags say
>>
>>34187823
Light, intermediate rounds were adopted when suppressive fire tactics became a thing. You likely won't be fighting in a large unit with logistics, aircraft support, artillery support, marksman support, nor heavy machine gun support. As an individual fighter, or even a small group fighter, your best bet is to assume the role of marksman. The best, most common and versatile chambering for that is .308. it's a very common hunting chambering and it can also shoot the NATO standardized 7.62x51 round.
>>
>>34188721
off topic, but how does one acquire a decent supply of antibiotics without a pharmacy connect? (maybe, 10 z-packs, a few rounds of doxycycline or however you spell that shit, etc.)

sorry for jacking your thread op. In response I think in many parts of America .308 will be as common as 5.56; depends upon the surrounding communities, what they're using guns for etc.
>>
>>34188721
If there's going to be AR's everywhere why even bother spending money on your own? Just pick one up off the ground since they're so common you'll be tripping over them. Plus if you ever find a stash of ammo there's a likelyhood there will be a gun that shoot said ammo lying around too.
>>
>>34187823
>Is an AR15 pattern rifle really what I'm going to need for innawoods racewar sexy time?
What the fuck did he mean by this?
>>
File: lilly is best girl.stipple.png (102KB, 608x784px) Image search: [Google]
lilly is best girl.stipple.png
102KB, 608x784px
>>34190092
When white people are a minority in the US there -will- be organized violence against us.
You may think this is ridiculous. That doesn't matter. But I want you to remember this post when it reaches you.

You have until 2040 at the very latest.
>>
What about an AK chambered in 5.56?
>>
>>34191276
You're paying extra money for a gun that has less parts availability, probably rare mags (unless it's that fugly Zastava that uses STANAGs) and while it's probably reliable, It's not going to be much moreso than a $500 Ruger AR556.

Now if you just want an AK because you like them buy and enjoy it. No reason not to. In fact go for 7.62x39mm. That would be by no means scarce and if it is, by the time you burn through 2-3 mags in actual combat you'll either be dead, crippled or there will be plenty of captured ARs to choose from.
>>
but who's ass is that
>>
who's holding the gun!
>>
File: 81JL55H0CkL._SX355_.jpg (13KB, 355x243px) Image search: [Google]
81JL55H0CkL._SX355_.jpg
13KB, 355x243px
my dick is hard!
>>
mama mia that ass is fat
>>
Two things will be most important.
Barrier penetration and the ability the quickly render vehicles inoperable.
I'm partial to 30 caliber variants myself.
7.62×39 and 7.62×51.
12 gauge will be handy as well to make quick shots At the driver of incoming vehicles.
5.56's only advantage will be availability.
>>
yeah yeah the gun is fucking killer bro.
Is my focus on the babe.
i wanna eat her out!
>>
>>34192592
Dude stop
>>
she wantsBBC BBC BBC!
im done now.
>>
I'm seriously done.
>>
>>34187823
Prolly want somethibg that shoots 5.56, 7.62x39, and 12 guage at least.
>>
>>34187823

The only ammo availability that matters is what is in your house right now.
>>
i took a 12 gauge to the skull. a 12 gauge shotgun is a good gun
>>
I think this is really dependant on where you live. More urban areas are going have more ars and aks, but if you live in an area more rural, chances are there are going to .243s and 3006 in almost every single household with firearms.

Pick the demographic in which you live. As stated before. 12ga and .22lr are gonna be everywhere from jamal to fuddlore
>>
>>34190185
Because there aren't exactly many places you can find them, and all of them are fraught with risk. National Guard armories or police stations have people carrying ARs around; private houses and cars (if people still leave guns in cars these days) typically have occupants who aren't going to let you waltz in and take their shit; ditto for gun stores.

You could try scavenging weapons from corpses after a firefight, but in that instance you're quite likely to end up a corpse yourself. And that's assuming whoever was victorious didn't already take off with the spoils of war.

Hence having your own AR (which is only like $500 to $600 these days) plus ~1000 rounds of ammo (only about $330 shipped, less for steel cased stuff) is a good idea.
>>
I just want to bury my face between those ass cheeks.
>>
File: 1496608414678.png (252KB, 421x460px) Image search: [Google]
1496608414678.png
252KB, 421x460px
>>34187823
>Relying on any gear you do not already posess
> thinking you'll be able to loot ammo like in fallout
>Sticking to NATO calibers thinking you'll get issued ammo for being in a state sanctioned RWDS

If you were at "it's already to late" on the defcon scale of habbening before becoming a proud kekistani you'd already have several thousands of rounds of ammunition and enough rifles and spare parts to arm yourself and several others.

Welcome to /k/ now get the fuck out
>>
>>34190153
Pet stores
Fish antibiotics work on people too.
>>
>>34192696
>Inna zone
>Find fellow stalker recently corpsified
>Loot_time.jpg
>Daniel defense AR15 free floated and gucci'd to the max
>3 rounds of 5.56
>450 rounds of 7mm-08, .270, and .35 Remington
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.