[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>That urge you get when you have a shitty day at work and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

>That urge you get when you have a shitty day at work and you just want to leave everything behind and go join the Legion

Does the FFL get to do cool shit or is it more rock-washing, just in French?
>>
>>34186200
How much do you enjoy barrack rape? And I mean on the bad side of the rape.
>>
>a shitty day at work
Can't be worse than being stripped of your possessions, treated like absolute shit, forced to live in accommodation so bad and communal that they couldn't legally make prisoners live in it, made to be the slave of your superior ranks and government and subjected to harsh and biased military law that's about fucking you over and closing the file ASAP. But go ahead and daydream about becoming a 'real man' or whatever else the fuck by romanticizing the bullshit that is the army, and especially the FFL.

If you can't satisfy yourself outside of environments like that, outside of forced hardship and artificially created achievement then chances are you've either never tried or are a real loser. Get a goal, take up something hard, work to master it. It's a better sense of achievement and is 1000% more productive and beneficial than being in the army, and I'm not talking about video games or some shit like that,talking about something intellectual or physical like weight-lifting or learning engineering. Unless you really just want to join up to (maybe) shoot people. I've been in the infantry when I was a dumb kid who hadn't actually developed into an adult person, I was looking for the same shit out of it that draws in most people and it was all bullshit. Like you I wanted to say fuck it to what was around me and go do 'cool shit'. Don't waste your time.
>>
>>34186255

Eh, I enjoyed my time in. I think it's all how you use it. The worst that you can do is come out a bitter asshole.
>>
>>34186200
take a wild guess
>>
File: Legionnaire.jpg (32KB, 799x532px) Image search: [Google]
Legionnaire.jpg
32KB, 799x532px
>>34186717

Yes, as long as you're not a cunt so you don't get KP all the time
>>
>>34186200
They get to do cool shit. As such, they're quite selective. You wouldn't make it.
>>
>>34187826
that is one ugly tavor
>>
>>34187912
That's clearly a G36
>>
>>34188059

I thought it was a Mosin
>>
File: IMG_4011.jpg (226KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4011.jpg
226KB, 1280x853px
>>34186200
Curious question. Say if an American came back home in Legionarie uniform what would people say
>>
File: French_Foreign_Legion_dsc06878.jpg (134KB, 646x1192px) Image search: [Google]
French_Foreign_Legion_dsc06878.jpg
134KB, 646x1192px
>>34188272

Legionnaires aren't allowed to wear their uniform in public outside parades.

Also, those aren't Legionnaires, those are Academy cadets.

THESE are Legionnaires.
>>
Anyone have any experience with them or was enlisted with them?
>>
>>34188304
I know I looked up French military uniforms and why aren't they allowed to wear it in public. But still what would American citizens think about it
>>
>>34186200

>Required to learn one of the ugliest languages in the world

Only downside, but lordy is it a big one
>>
>>34188454
Why the fuck would you do that?

What is likely to happen is that when you come back from your engagement in France to the US you are asked to pony up the tax for all the work you did in France.
>>
>>34188304
Since nobody is actually answering your question I'll give you this. Most Americans wouldn't know what uniform you're wearing so the more polite ones would ask what uniform it is but most would laugh because you would look ridiculous to them.
>>
>>34189123
I'm just posing a question
>>
File: 1494658128626.jpg (77KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
1494658128626.jpg
77KB, 960x639px
>>34189123

But what if you become a french citizen as someone with a different identity than who you are as an American?
>>
>>34190013
One you'll never learn the answer too because you wouldn't make it as a French rock painter.

Spoiler: French stone artistes are beaten and abused to levels that have nothing to do with training. In other western armies you get a kick in the ass and do 500 pushups if you fuck up. In the FFL you get your head slammed in a doorframe and your ribs kicked in. Junior enlisted don't get maps or compasses, flag officers are corrupt and skim funds off the training ammo supply, you name it.

It's a place for expendable eastern europeans. Any first world army will be equally fit, better trained, and far better equipped (imagine having boots that fit...).

Source: I met an ex-FFL fellow in American basic training.
>>
File: 1495337496492.jpg (145KB, 909x757px) Image search: [Google]
1495337496492.jpg
145KB, 909x757px
>>34190268

>imagine having boots that fit...

as a member of 'merican military can tell you I imagine this every day, but the fucking supply faggots keep telling me "we ordered your boot size months ago, they should be here at some point in the next year" hello VA disability pay
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.