[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you find shooting buddies? I can't go to the range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 1487785526248.jpg (45KB, 1080x663px) Image search: [Google]
1487785526248.jpg
45KB, 1080x663px
Where do you find shooting buddies?

I can't go to the range alone, I tried going to the movie theater a few times by myself and I literally got treated worse than I did on penis inspection day.
>>
Is this supposed to be some sort of Aurora joke? I don't get it.
>>
>>34186199
No there are just some places you can't go to alone. Like I went to the movie theater by myself but the 'no singles' policy isn't like a hard rule they'll still sell you the ticket, they just bully you.

I'm just curious how to make a buddy to punch holes in paper or some cans or something.
>>
>>34186186
Where you at bruh?
>>
Going to the range with people seems more odd to me than going alone.
I definitely do both though.
>>
File: comfy pepe.jpg (42KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
comfy pepe.jpg
42KB, 409x409px
>>34186409
Same here. I'm married, have too many friends and an active social life. The range is my escape, a place to get away, my happy place. It's just me, the smell of cordite and gun oil, and the sweet sound of freedom exploding out of the muzzle. There's nothing else quite like it.
>>
>>34186220
I don't see how they'd know anyway at a movie theater

>Buy ticket alone
I've done this meeting friends before in a theater
>Buy concessions alone
With a girl I often get good seats, then leave her as a seat guard and go get the snacks

So unless the usher is mean mugging you in the theater, I'm pretty sure it's in your head.
>>
>>34186436
Cordite? You shooting surplus or are just being poetic?
>>
I typically prefer to go alone but it's great when you have a good, knowledgeable buddy to shoot funs with. Problem is, being the autists that we are, it can be difficult to find friends who want to do more than simply mag dump into paper targets.
>>
>>34186220
>No singles policy
U wot?Is that really a thing where you live?
>>
>>34186186
Ironically, I've met a few shooting buddies by going to the range by myself and meeting other guys that went by themselves. I didn't force conversation, but friendly people like to talk to other people, and so a simple conversation about the red dot you have mounted or the interesting firearm that you brought with you can end up with trading phone numbers and going to the range together

At my range, there are only 2 skeet shooting lanes, so people commonly share the lanes and if you've got a machine thrower, you'll definitely make friends

However, if you've just got generic guns with basic equipment, you may have to step up and talk to other people
>>
>>34186397
Minnesota.

>>34186409
Well I was going to make a road trip out of it and find a state park or something to look around for a spot with a back drop a few miles out where the noise won't bother anyone maybe just spend a day or two and plink.

>>34186486
Bunch of people when I was seated. The couple behind me seemed okay. Was watching Suicide Squad, I accidentally started laughing when the guard punched harley and the dude started laughing too, then the guard did it a second time and we both laughed again, I could hear his gf hit him and tell him to stop laughing at that. But before the show started or whatever a bunch of people would walk in, look at me, say some stuff which I could over hear all of it, then laugh and run out, come back in with more people make more comments sitting kind of close to me, then getting a dirty look from one of them and them shooing off their group to sit further away from me.

>>34186524
I don't have to worry too much about mag dumping I just wanna try out my revolver I got a decent amount of a specific round I'd kind of like to see how the POI works with it since I don't have adjustable sights. Wouldn't mind dumping a lot of rounds at one target just to see what's consistent at that range with it. I got a few hundred rounds though and never used this one yet but I like shooting so I could shoot at whatever till I'm dry.
>>
Get on Craigslist and make a post on Men seeking Men about wanting a new friend who's knows how to hit his tagget and can do some bolt action.
>>
File: wow it took 8 of you to kill me.png (532KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
wow it took 8 of you to kill me.png
532KB, 500x363px
>>34186584
>I accidentally started laughing
>>
>>34186558
>>34186220
When it is a rule it usually doesn't apply to people who bring in their own firearms and equipment.

>>34186499
You dumb or are just being pedantic?
>>
>>34186598
I don't swing that way.

>>34186600
It was just unexpected, the first one was funny. The second one I was laughing more about the domestic abuse it sounded like one of those solid thwacks like a girl punch I got a few of them myself before so I know that was like more of a get your attention thing even though she meant it a little harder and I was more laughing at that the second time but trying to play it off as the thing I was watching.
>>
File: chhk chhk.gif (3MB, 400x230px) Image search: [Google]
chhk chhk.gif
3MB, 400x230px
>>34186648
you sound like you have genuine autism
>>
>>34186648
There is nothing about gay about hitting your target or working a bolt action.
>>
I dunno. I go out of my way to go alone, and the fewer people on the range the better (ideally I get the place to myself).

My shooting time is super limited though, if I'm there I'm working as hard as I can on one or two specific skills and then getting back home to my toddler and frazzled wife.

I do like having conversations with randos though. Doesn't ever happen at the public ranges where I live now in the south (too many hardcore type A engineers), but at the club I used to shoot at by New Britski in CT there were some legit combloc immigrant guys from Poland and Hungary and they were really fun to talk to, I miss them.
>>
>singles policy at movies
Since when? I go to the movies by myself all the time. No problems at all. And who actually likes going to the range with people? It's a waste of time and it's boring. Unless you are doing clay shooting, you're just close in proximity. Going out to someone's property and shooting sounds like a good group thing, but not the actual range.
>wanting to shoot with friends
>let's meet at 10:30
>they keep pushing time back
>get to range at 1
>wow it's packed
>have to share a lane
>have to take turns shooting
>just standing there in silence or call out where he's hitting on the target
>who the fuck chats during the actual shooting
>pack up and leave
Vs
>want to go to range at 9:30
>get there at 9:30
>shoot to my hearts content/run out of ammo
>go home
>>
>>34186558
Yeah. I don't know if it happens to everyone, happened to me though.
>>34186619
>When it is a rule it usually doesn't apply to people who bring in their own firearms and equipment.
Really? I been hearing for years you can't go to a range without a battle buddy.

>>34186651
Really? other people went out of their way to make it awkward for me acting like pricks, and I have genuine autism.
I could of sperged out and made a thing out of it otherwise they wouldn't of moved their asshole friends to different seats.

>>34186663
There are no girls on craigslist. I knew some of the guys that post there before the internet was a really big thing, they can't pass a background check, or afford guns, nobody in their right mind would be chill about safety concerns around them for good reason, I'm not even going to comment on their orientation that shit is their problem I don't want nothing to do with what they get up to.

>>34186707
I knew a dude that immigrated from around that area, was a good buddy for a while.
>>
>>34186186

you need to improve your social activities

try dancing

yes

do internet search for "contra dancing" in your area - ezpz no partner needed live music lots of girls all willing to say yes to dance but that's it for dancing for more than that you'll need practice - this is mostly the granola crowd, ie. jeans, tshirts but avoid the right wing memes no guns too much physical contact

or look into swing dancing never worked for me

or cajun & zydeco, literally sex with clothes on the dance floor

if you can't make it at those places you're hopeless

or even r&r singles bars

hello ?
>>
>>34186867
>Really? I been hearing for years you can't go to a range without a battle buddy.

It's because people in the past without access to guns would go to ranges, rent a gun, and an hero. Just about any range let's you go solo if you bring your own. And like other anon said, some will rent if you show them you brought a gun, aka "I already had a gun so there's some assurance I'm not here to blow my brains out".
>>
>>34186878
Fuck dancing I already had brunettes and blondes that way there aint gonna be any natural reds.
>>
>>34186559
Honestly this. Either have something interesting and wait for someone to comment, or notice something interesting and comment. One of my best range buddies I met because he was shooting a supressed .22 and I shouted "goddam that's quiet"
>>
Just shoot local competitions. You feel less like you're just burning ammo for the hell of it too.
>>
>>34186960
>Fuck dancing

welp there's your problem

keep your fucked up attitude and then wonder - why can't i meet people ?

seriously get a clue fuckwit
>>
>>34186867
What kind of logic is that.
>Single?
>Fuck you
>And your money
>>
File: 1412331256360.png (68KB, 176x207px) Image search: [Google]
1412331256360.png
68KB, 176x207px
Even the Star Wars threads contain less LARPing. Stop falling for this shit.
>>
>>34187003
>welp there's your problem
99 of them, you could put on a blind fold and hit one
>>34187014
What the fuck are you on about guy?
>>34187039
You just need a (you)
>>
>>34186584
I live in Duluth but I'm a noguns loser atm
>>
>>34187347
How old are you?
I been up to Duluth before, if I was going to hit a state area it was going to be north of there. That kind of drive is too easy. On long stretches you don't get some asshole honking at you like .3 miliseconds after the fucking light turns after it's been one way for 5 fucking minutes and you're just like ready to pull over and ask what his fucking problem is.
>>
>>34187388
23 my dude
>>
>>34187388
Now that I think about it though if it were just 2 people we'd have to hit a range a few times. If you can rent something you're good. I could probably show a few things if you got questions. If I brought anyone above that area it'd have to be a few people. I might have someone following me.
>>
>>34187521
Ever used ICQ before?
>>
>>34187522
Not to be weird or anything, some people do hate me. It doesn't sound like you ever used guns before, so a bit of range instruction, and friends would be good to have around.
>>
>>34187535
Nah I haven't, parents are wholely against the idea of having guns so I'm just waiting until I can move out :(
>>
>>34187598
If you got enough to rent some funs I'd drive about that far to shoot once in a while. I wouldn't mind my local place since it's not likely anyone would bother me but it's just more fun with people as long as you don't do crazy shit. I had someone try to grab my weapon before, as long as you realize that's like the second craziest fucking thing you can do and don't want to pull any weird shit I'd totally go shoot with you.
>>
>>34187748
Too much of a recluse beta to do weird shit desu
>>
>>34187951
I just don't put that kind of stuff above anybody. You didn't answer any of my questions. I am not going to drag you, you're better off on your own from what you told me. If you just got some problems, those don't sound very big. Cut loose and have some fun man.
>>
>>34187347
>>34186584
>>34187388
former ranger here, fuck duluth
but seriously duluth is pretty cool
i miss you fags

>some asshole honking at you like .3 miliseconds after the fucking light turns
is shit really that obnoxious down south?
last time i was home it was a pleasure to drive around non-retards, even in the twin cities. people actually knew what passing lanes were for and didn't get butthurt when you did pass.
>>
>>34186186
I'll shoot with ya, what's your area code
>>
>>34187999
>is shit really that obnoxious down south?
If you consider cities south, you'll see a lot of idiots that think they're clever. There is a reason MNDOT constantly puts out reminders about zipper merging. You'll start to see it if you're here long enough.
>>34188042
There's only two what's the difference?
>>
>>34188085
Seriously though if your window is down and you start screaming about zipper merging, he's probably already swerving left and right following his GPS. When you can pull up in the next lane you'll just fucking roll your eyes and think that figures.
>>
>>34188085
>>34188129
Sometimes I turn on my GPS just to hear the thing say what I know is wrong. Sometimes people will just do unpredictable shit. That doesn't even bother me that much unless they're cutting in to do unpredictable stuff.
>>
>>34188085
>zipper merging
honestly i blame women and butthurt submissive men for fucking that shit up mostly. it's a pain in the ass in any state because over half the driving population doesn't think it's the ending lane's/on ramp's job to merge in and you need to accommodate them.
or they get mad at you for using all available lanes of traffic flow to reach the merge point and try to block you out for not waiting in line like a retard like they did.

it sucks in every state to some degree but from experience i can tell you some are drastically worse than others and my current residence is awful.

i don't know what the fuck you think zipper merging has to do with gps tho desu senpai
>>
>>34188240
With GPS people will get all turned around, they'll signal early, or be ducking down swerving a few blocks ahead when you're following them for a few miles. I know I've done it. I've been miles off with GPS and with paper maps. I just try to be more cautious around them. Zipper merging it's like if half the people just shifted to the other lane it'd take half as much time, if you're stuck in the right lane just try to zipper merge in if traffic stops, it's not even worth sitting there. People act like it's fucking 1980's gas prices, while a few assholes that want to hit someone for an insurance payout act like bastards about it.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.