[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I suspect I may have developed depression. I've been feeling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

I suspect I may have developed depression. I've been feeling down for at least 3 weeks now for a variety of reasons and people have noticed. I feel like a burden to everyone, and I have much less motivation than before; some days I don't even want to get out of bed or I lay in there hours after I should have exited. Yesterday was normally my weekly range day but I skipped even though I just bought ammo and I was supposed to pick up a new gun.

I am considering going to a psychologist if things do not improve once my current major stressors are gone (huge deadline at work, med school application turn in). Will I lose my guns? Is talking about my /k/-related hobbies risky? They're one of the few non-work related things that used to make me happy since they're such a huge part of my life.
>>
>>34185254
...and I just got an email from work saying I left whatever I ordered for lunch on my desk and not even eaten.
>>
>Will I lose my guns?
No. Fucking go, cunt.

If you're a yankee-doodle, you need to be forcibly committed to the nut factory.

If you're antipodeanally inclined, you need to be a danger to yourself or others. Same probably goes for Yurop.

>Is talking about my /k/-related hobbies risky?
It probably won't really even come up.

I heard from one psychiatrist from America that I knew, that there are pretty strict laws on them even asking about it, but that might vary from state to state.

As is the case for most private shit basically everywhere in the world, there are usually very strict rules about what they can tell anyone, generally related to threats of violence or self-harm.
>>
>>34185338
American here.
I don't feel suicidal (yet). Like sometimes I think of how easy it would be considering I own multiple guns and a stockpile of ammo, but I'm nowhere near being able to pull the trigger on myself.
>>
>>34185354
Righto. Go to the doctor.
>>
I don't know about you mongs, but I've been suicidal for about six years now and I don't have any chemical imbalances, lol. Honestly, op, I think it depends on how you're committed if I remember correctly, anybody correct me if I'm wrong. I'm also not going to tell you to man up or anything since that doesn't do anything. So go get help, lol.
>>
>>34185354
I was listening to a brain surgeon podcast the other day and she said that people with long term depression have shrunken hippocampus'. That's the area of the brain that deals with memory and imagination. A smaller hippocampus is correlated with an increased risk of developing Alzheimer's and dementia. Surprisingly, however, people who received anti depressants to treat their depression had almost no shrinkage at all in the hippocampus.

I think you should go and get checked out as soon as possible if you think you have depression. For your own sake.
>>
>>34185497
That wasn't the BBC one from last week, was it?
>>
>>34185505
I dunno. There's lots of stuff about brain science on the radio at any time.
>>
I don't think you'll lose your guns unless you are formally committed to a psychiatric hospital, but I would advise against mentioning anything like that to a psychiatrist. Maybe I'm being over-cautious. I suppose it depends on the therapist and whether or not you feel like you can trust them.
>>
>>34185537
You literally just have to say you aren't feeling well and your mother had depression twice. Bam, there's your antidepressant perscription.
>>
>>34185548
Of course, but it shouldn't just be about getting the pills. That's the easy part. The hard part is finding a therapist you can trust to actually talk through some of your problems, which is going to do a lot more for you than those shitty pills.
>>
>>34185440
>but I've been suicidal for about six years now
You're not very good at it.
>>
File: 14259486426913.jpg (25KB, 475x458px) Image search: [Google]
14259486426913.jpg
25KB, 475x458px
>>34185584
>>
>>34185254
>Is talking about my /k/-related hobbies risky?

DO NOT TALK ABOUT WEAPONS AT ANY COUNSELING OR SHOOTING OR ANYTHING - unless you were in armed forces or police & then get a special referral, not some libtard shrink

otherwise get counseling & take the meds

zoloft & other ssri's are about as safe as a brain pill can be
>>
>>34185584
Yeah, lol
>>
>>34185254

>for a variety of reasons

sounds like you should take care of those reasons.
>>
>>34185254
You're not depression that's just stress. Life's tough sometimes, get tougher with it. Depression is when you can't even find a reason to get up, wash or eat.
>>
>>34185584
Suicidal thoughts =/= suicide attempts.

Fun thing about depression is you can have it for 70 years without it pushing you over. Just a state of existence for some people. I've been at it for over a decade but I'm mostly comfortable with it because I know it's just the depression talking
>>
>I've been feeling down for at least 3 weeks

That's adorable. Not trying to one up you, but that's like a 16yr old saying hes sad over a girl that he won't give a fuck about in a year. Shitty months happen and it'll likely pass. When you forgot what colors look like then you can worry. As long as you don't do any stupid (violent) shit, or imply edgy bs in your super secret journal you'll be fine.
>>
>>34190684
>implying I would ever leave extra evidence to use against me
>>
>>34185254
Three weeks probably isn't long enough to really qualify as clinical depression but there shouldn't be any harm in getting checked out. Privacy rules for psychiatrists and therapists are extremely strict so it should have no impact on your gun ownership unless as others have said you are involuntarily committed.
>>
>>34185572
Depends. I don't go to a therapist because money, however, I don't consider myself very depressed anymore, due mainly to my antidepressants. Obviously, antidepressants aren't an instant cure, but think of it this way: depression isn't a problem with you. It's a chemical imbalance in your brain. Once you start fixing that imbalance, it's like giving yourself a step stool. It won't get you out of the hole, but it will absolutely give you a boost. Part of the reason that you're coming up with reasons not to go to the doctor is because depression is insidious and self-defeating in a way. I can't promise that you'll be cured, but I can promise that change will happen, likely for the better.

Stay safe man.
>>
If you get ordered by a court or some other forcible entity to go to treatment guns are gone. But if you commit yourself, you can keep them.
In most states anyway.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.