[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never owned or touched a gun before in my life Is the Colt 22

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (442KB, 800x416px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
442KB, 800x416px
Never owned or touched a gun before in my life

Is the Colt 22 M4 Carbine /k/ approved?

I can pick one up for $300 on CDNN

I don't want it for anything serious, just for self defense and to take to the range every couple weeks or so

Pic related is the one
>>
Get that and replace the trigger assembly and BCG with something not garbage.
>>
>.22lr
>for self defense

You're a special kind of retard, aren't you?
>>
>>34184019
.22lr has the same energy as subsonic 5.56mm.
>>
>>34184019
>>34184036

OP here

explain please
>>
>>34184071
Semi-auto 22s are usually unreliable in my experience. Go for a larger round or a bolt action.
>>
File: 1492965053012.jpg (1MB, 1243x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1492965053012.jpg
1MB, 1243x2000px
>>34183936
>I don't want it for anything serious
>just for self defense and to take to the range every couple weeks or so
>just for self defense

Self defense is a serious matter. I think you were trying to say that using an gun especially an AR in a home defense situation is highly unlikely (which it is) but it should not be something taken lightly. Get a quality factory built 5.56 AR and get a bunch of rounds through it and maybe go to a $60 appleseed class to build a proper foundation of basic marksmanship before you move into the hihg speed low drag carbine shit.

A .22lr rifle like a 10/22 is a good starter gun for learning how to shoot and while I do not suggest using one for home defense, it is absolutely an option to keep in mind if it's the only gun you have.
>>
Didn't a pair of redneck hick hillbilly putzs prove that 22lr can be deadly out of a rifle barrel up to 400 yards on YouTube
>>
File: gatfact800.jpg (537KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
gatfact800.jpg
537KB, 1350x900px
>>34184309
a boolet is a boolet, only difference is if the boolet bounces around in your body 20 times or if it punches a permanent cavity in your chest the size of a grapefruit
>>
File: SM10202.jpg (16KB, 520x288px) Image search: [Google]
SM10202.jpg
16KB, 520x288px
>>34183936
A .22LR is a poor choice for home defense, reliability will always be spotty.

Get a proper AR15, a Smith & Wesson M&P15 will do everything that rifle does but better, and for not that much more (maybe $500 in total).

>I want a gun for defense
>I don't want anything serious
These two sentences conflict horribly.

>>34184036
If you mean 5.56mm soft loaded so you can have a quiet gun with a suppressor, maybe.
Which is hardly ideal for HD

>>34184071
.22LR is inherently a less functionally reliable cartridge, failures to fire, failures to feed and failures to eject are all rather distinct possibilities, even with a nice brand of ammo.
Now, .22LR from a rifle barrel actually doesn't have too shabby terminal performance, especially not a bunch of them, but you can really do way better.

A real AR15 will be miles more reliable, have significantly better performance, and last you basically for life with basic care.

>>34184273
This guy is on the money.

>>34184309
People have been killed with .22 Short pistols, doesn't mean it would be anyone's first choice of carry.

>>34184505
Be gone.
>>
>>34184273
This.

A 22lr rifle or pistol is a fine choice for a first gun. I would much prefer a 10/22 to that thing, but if you have your heart set on it I am sure it will be just fine for you.

A 10/22 is very easily and affordably customized into a cheap plinker that is as pleasant to shoot and reliable as possible with rimfire ammunition.

As for using 22lr for defense, I don't know... I would choose most 22's over a hammer but they're far from ideal and inherently underpowered and unreliable. Pick yourself up a 10/22 or any very cheap 22 lr and then drop 4 or 5 hundred on a decent PSA AR 15 that will be plenty reliable and powerful for your purposes. Maybe a little more fun at range too.

What state are you in?
>>
>>34183936
get a shotty
#4 buck
>>
>>34183936
You should look into a pump action shotgun. They can be used for all sorts of thigs depending on the shells you use, and they're easy to use and pretty much foolproof. I'd recommend a Mossberg 500 or some variant (590 or something) or an older Remington 870. I like Mossberg's ergonomics better, but that's just me.
>>
File: 4rules.jpg (28KB, 454x204px) Image search: [Google]
4rules.jpg
28KB, 454x204px
Since you're new, save this image and learn the rules by heart.

Other things to learn is that you should wear hearing protection when shooting, since guns are loud, and people get horrible tinnitus and hearing problems even from a .22LR gun. If you ever need to shoot someone breaking into your house, hearing protection is a good idea (since guns are extra loud indoors), but it also prevents you from hearing properly, so electronic hearing protection is a good idea for a future investment (imagine earmuffs, that protect your hearing completely, and not only lets you hear perfectly, but lets you hear better).

For shooting, you shoot to kill, never to wound or warn, firing a gun towards a person is a lethal action and should be treated as such. That said, if you shoot someone and they drop/surrender, don't then proceed to finish them off, this will be excess force and murder, legally. Just call 911 and let them handle it.
On the other hand, the most common outcome of pointing a gun at a suspect is that they flee or surrender, so you might not even have to clean your carpet.

Also never shoot a target you haven't identified, don't be that guy who sees someone in the dark at night, shoots immediately, then goes to jail because it was a family member.
>>
>>34184505
>>34184071
>>34184036
Lol WTF Am I Reading?
>>
>>34183936
>I don't want it for anything serious, just for self defense

Do people like you ever get tired of posting nothing but fucking b8? Fuck off.
>>
>>34183936
As some others have said, anything in 22 is a good first gun. Fuck that tacticool shit though. Get a Ruger Mark IV (a little bit more money, but worth it). Hands down the best plinker IMO
>>
File: IMG_20170525_192039.jpg (7KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170525_192039.jpg
7KB, 250x196px
>>34183936
>nothing serious
>self defense
Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
do not buy that gun...i have one and it has been nothing but trouble since i purchased it.

youtube it to see all the problems.

Ive taken it apart, cleaned it. Adjusted bolt speed over and over and over

its a total waste.

i have a henry lever action .22 that fires every time and was about the same $$$.

DO NOT BUY THE COLT M4 .22
>>
>>34183936
Even if the diameter is the same and the weight comparable, speed makes a huge difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDvdjdzB_ro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af5Z-0yALr8
>>
>>34187222
and watch this thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXwPtP-KDNk
>>
>>34183936
why bother getting any kind of AR in .22lr ?
just get a 5.56 like a normal person

if you want a .22ly toy. get a Ruger 10/22
>>
>>34184036
>>34184071
Where are you nigs getting 69gr 22lr ?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.