[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>shot sks today >fired over 200 rounds >Didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_7622.jpg (169KB, 990x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7622.jpg
169KB, 990x1024px
>shot sks today
>fired over 200 rounds
>Didn't use any earpro
>Wasn't even that loud
>No EEEEEEEE
>My hearing is still just as good as it's always been

Is /k/ full of pussies, or am I just superhuman?
>>
(You)
>>
>>34183667
Nah, you're just an idiot.
>>
>>34183667
You're superhuman, don't waste any money on earpro and but more ammo.
>>
>>34183674
It's not like I do it that much anyway.

7.62x39 is very quiet out of a 20" barrel
>>
>>34183667
Do you listen to loud music? It may.have given you a small amount of tinnitus, and so cant notice it.
>>
Could be a little of both?
I've shot my ar without earpro, couple hundred rounds on occasion. No ill effects.
I think /k/ seriously exaggerates the potential damage, as well as some people just being better at taking it than others.
>>
the damage is cumulative. it might not do anything now but it will later if you do it enough. people who work on airfields, live musicians and their techs, heavy machinery operators all wear earpro for a reason
>>
>>34183667
You probably already have shitty hearing/ear damage then.
>>
>>34183667
Some people can handle it more than others. To my knowledge no one can handle large amounts of it in their lifetime. Many combat vets (not that there's any other kind, POGs suck dick and Kuwait isn't a deployment) have some amount of hearing loss/tinnitus but then again some don't show any at all. I got my ears checked out of curiosity not too long ago and they said I was at 90% of normal but they couldn't tell me if that was my baseline or if there was damage. I would recommend that in the name of science you shoot off at least another thousand rounds without earpro and share your experience. For science.
>>
Your tolerance to "loud" sounds does not indicate an immunity to the damages it causes
>>
What was around you? I used to shoot with no hearing protection but I was always out in the middle of nowhere in flat cow pastures. Then I shot a USP in a caliche pit and my right ear has been ringing for about about a decade now.
>>
>>34184098
I can vouch for this.
Been hunting since I was a kid especially for birds and for long periods of time and I can tell you that my right ear either rings or just doesn't hear anything at all fairly frequently. Don't try to be cool. Just wear earpro.
>>
I am sitting here listening to
>RREEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeEeeeeeee
Right now. It's real, and it's cumulative. It's gotten much worse in the last few years. I don't think mine is just from shooting. Also motorcycling and lots of loud concerts in my younger days.

Maybe some brain damage from football, who knows. But tinnitus is real and it can sneak up on you.

And for the record I did alot of .22 and trap shooting without ear pro, always( with a few exceptions) had ear pro on for any handgun or rifle shooting. Although I did once fire an ar15 in doors without plugs.

And I fired an ak out of a car window without ear pro. That was pretty fucking painful.

Tl:Dr I actually fucked up my hearing
>>
>>34184184
Ive found just a pair of earbud type headphones are enough to keep you from messing up your hearing.

t. Machinist who runs a pre WW2 era boring mill
>>
>>34183673
(You)
>>
You really shouldn't do that.

You can't reach the pain threshold shooting that but it will definitely do you harm in the long process.

You may or may not already have a diminished hearing beacuse loud music, or another kind of exposure, and that could make things even worse once you reach old age

take care anon
>>
>>34184201
That would have been good to know when I was kid.
I pretty much wear earpro now whenever I shoot unless I'm hunting. Gotta be able to hear the critters to shoot em.
>>
Is this a meme like fingerboxes? I literally have never worn earpro, and I go shoot at least once a month for the last six years.
I get the feeling maybe you could damage year hearing if you fired the barrel right next to your ear, but you guys are being rediculous.
>>
>>34184672
You're ears aren't exactly built to endure the levels of noise firearms make. Have fun being that old guy that says WHAT all the time. RIP your ears.
>>
>>34184672
>hearing protection is a meme like fingerboxes
I hate this fucking place sometimes

it's the same as SMOKING you utter moron. if won't bother you in ten years, but it'll be awful in thirty.
>>
>>34184098
>the damage is cumulative

This.
You might one day just shoot again or go to a music concert and suddenly the EEEEEE will be there and never go away.

Let's see how much of a superhuman you'll feel when you lay awake at night with a figurative Jim Carrey lying next to you making the most annoying sound in the world.
>>
>>34183667
WHATS THAT? YOU HAD SOUP AND CUMIN?
>>
>>34183667
Try the same with .308 or 12ga next time and report back to us.
>>
>>34183667
you are superhuman o great one, never use ear pro again whenever you go shooting or for any other reason.
>>
>>34183667
I have had tinnitus my whole life.

It's not that bad, /k/ is just full of weeping pussy titty baby manchildren.

If you shoot you will eventually get tinnitus, all it takes is one fuck up that's not even your fault (range ND, cold range shot, self defense) , or simple human fallibility (Earpro incorrectly on), and that's it. It comes with the territory.
>>
>>34183667
Try 5.56 out of a 16'' barrel.

SKS's aren't terribly loud, same with 12 gauges out of longer barrels.

I can shoot my ithaca with a 26 inch barrel all day long with no issues.
>>
>>34186816
>range ND, cold range shot
>shooting at a public range
o i am laffin
>>
>>34184098
>tfw CNC operator
>no one wears ear pro even though it's kinda loud
>check sound level with phone
>84dB
Nice
>>
>>34186816
>be at range
>going to shoot M38 carbine
>I know it's loud but ear pro has always been enough
>shoot Mosin
>ears ringing and painful, teeth rattled from the shot
New range, they made the roof angled so the noise comes right back down at you.
>>
>>34186909
The machines themselves have never been loud enough for me to really need it unless a cutting tool starts squealing like a stuck pig and the dumbfuck operating it doesn't change it.

The worst thing for me is the air hose.
>>
>>34186894
Pick any one of the others then.

>>34186933
Shit happens
>>
>>34184148
>I got my ears checked out of curiosity
How do you check your ear capacity?
>>
>>34184820
WHO YOU CALLING A STUPID HUMAN?
>>
>>34183667
762x39 is one of the least loud centerfires out there without a muzzle brake.
But congrats on eroding a sizable chunk of your hearing over time, even if the effects aren't crystal clear today. Enjoy hearing aids at 40-50 if you keep it up.
I have grown up around people like you who are 2cool4school retards when it comes to earpro and calibers larger than 22lr. They don't have amazing hearing and they're only in their mid 30's.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.