[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people survive bullet wounds on the head? Especially shotgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (405KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
405KB, 1136x640px
How do people survive bullet wounds on the head? Especially shotgun and rifle wounds, one would think those would be lights out as soon as the trigger is pulled but I dont know. Ive heard of people killing bears with a 22 before too

Its probably more of a B question but since you guys know alot about guns i thought id ask.
>>
Humans are either the most fragile things on the planet or the toughest. Natures weird and scary.
>>
>>34183256
This
>>
>>34183240
They fail to hit whats important.
>>
Sometimes the projectile is deflected from the cerebellum by the skull, or simply doesn't destroy enough brain tissue to shut down the brain.

This is more common with smaller rounds than larger rounds.

Also, people have supposedly killed elephants with .22lr by shooting them in the jugular vein and waiting a while, but you wouldn't want to rely on it to kill anything larger than a raccoon in a life or death situation.
>>
Is a 12 gauge 2/34 00 buckshot with 9 pellets to the dome no matter what angle probably instant death?
>>
>>34183354
>no matter the angle
No, it's not an insta-kill. People have blown thier faces off and still lived.
>>
>>34183240

>Ive heard of people killing bears with a 22 before too

Totally true. In 1953, an indian girl in northern Alberta named Bella Twin shot a (then) world record grizzly bear using a Stevens single shot and .22 Long ammo which isn't even as powerful as .22 LR. Supposedly, she and her friend noticed they were being followed and rather than run, they sat down and waited for the bear to get closer. Then they did something to get it to stand up whereby she then shot the roof of its mouth. The bear dropped instantly. She then put another 8-9 rounds into its skull just to be sure.
>>
>>34183293
>simply doesn't destroy enough brain tissue to shut down the brain.
this
a close friend had some brain tumors last year
they cut out a good junk of his brain
he still could do a lot of stuf onely his memory was a bit fucked up
>>
File: brainstem and brain .jpg (29KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
brainstem and brain .jpg
29KB, 400x267px
>>34183293
Pretty much. Destroying the brainstem is pretty much the only 100% guaranteed way of instantly killing someone (besides maybe blowing them up). People don't seem to appreciate that the stem is much narrower relative to the rest of the brain.
>>
>>34183466
/r/requesting the webm of the guy who blew his bottom jaw off and is pointing at it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.