[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whelp /k/ i done fucked up. i have squibs in the barrel and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

whelp /k/ i done fucked up.

i have squibs in the barrel and can't get them out. probably have to rebarrel.

there's not even a bulge or anything after a couple cylinders of .357 magnum. probably will buy another ruger.

word of advice: if something sounds off, somethings probably wrong.
>>
put a brace behind the barrel (on the cylinder side), get a steel rod and wrap it with some plastic so you're not hitting the rifling. Get a steel hammer (not deadblow or plastic) and start pounding the fuck outta it. Probably trashed anyway though. I sure as fuck wouldn't trust the frame after squibbing.
>>
>>34181607
i've done that. it's a 6" barrel completely full of squibs. like 10 or something (158gr FMJ)
>>
>>34181619
well then you're fucked beyond possibilities. Go rebarrel or send it in to the manufacturer for a "congratulations you fucked up so bad we're amazed but still proud that our gun survived your dumb fuckery" letter or some shit like that. I don't now man, what are you expecting?
>>
>>34181619
Proof, I want to believe
>>
File: IMG_0946.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0946.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>34181720
1/2
>>
File: IMG_0944.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0944.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>34181767
2/2

three cylinders, it pushed out like 4 or 5 bullets out the end before it was noticed.
>>
>>34181782
You're lucky to have your hand
>>
Is that a Security Six? I guess they really are as incredibly strong as people say...
>>
>>34181825
yeah, it's an 1972 security six
>>
>>34181782
drill 'em out, or mount it in a case like that.
>>
any way to melt the lead and push the jackets out?
>>
>>34181913
This... try to heat up the barrel so that the lead melts? You should be able to push the jacketing out from there.

I'd definitely try that (and anything else I could think of) before I considered the revolver a goner.
>>
Just shoot a bullet down the opposite end of the barrel to counter act the stuck bullet.
>>
>>34181913
>>34181938

Drill a small hole through the center of the squibs first. Melt out the lead, you might be able to do this without adversely effecting the steel of the barrel.

Copper jackets are thin and weak enough that you'll be able to push them out with a pencil or similar if they dont have lead backing them.

Get the barrel checked with a rockwell hardness test afterwards.
>>
>>34181834
Really? I have a Security Six made in 1972 as well, although it's a 4'' rather than a 6''. I think it was probably made in December of that year based on the serial #.

In any event, I hope that you're able to successfully salvage your gun. The Security/Service/Speed Six are truly great guns, and it's practically a crime that they were discontinued in the first place.
>>
just give them to a marine, they're great gunsmiths
>>
>>34181582
Here's a suggestion:
>Go find a case and cram as much powder as you can possibly find in it. Seal it up with a light coating of wax
>Drill down into the squibs and take out as much material as you can without harming the rifling
>Put weapon in vice
>Attach lanyard to trigger
>Load full fuck-you powder cartridge into weapon
>Pull lanyard from a safe distance

You should have chunks coming out, but the barrel should be mostly okay. At the very least you'll eventually melt the lead if you keep drilling and firing blanks.
>>
>>34181782
Melt the lead out.
>>
>>34181582
call ruger and offer them a marketing opportunity in exchange for a new gun
>>
File: 1495428204980.jpg (45KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
1495428204980.jpg
45KB, 500x514px
>>34183298
Actually you should do the opposite. Put gun in freezer, then try to knock bullets out.
>>
>>34181782
>>34181898
How did you not realize this was happening? What where you shooting at?

Also don't mount it it like that, take it to someone or do it yourself, but cut the barrel in half revealing the squibs and mount it that way.
>>
If you can't fix it, sell it to a gun range. They pay well for massive fuck ups like this.
>>
>>34181767
Barrel looks a little bulged to me.

How did you not realize what was happening? That's a fucking lot of bullets;
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.