[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about the Intelligence Community. It's a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 8

File: IC.jpg (490KB, 700x675px) Image search: [Google]
IC.jpg
490KB, 700x675px
Let's talk about the Intelligence Community.
It's a bit off-topic, but they still play a huge role in every armed conflict.

How powerful are they really?
Which are some underrrated inelligence agencies?
>>
>>34175294
0211 reporting in.
>>
File: IMG_2158.jpg (15KB, 268x160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2158.jpg
15KB, 268x160px
>>34175294
>>34175437

Just to give a bump. From that chart I've worked with:

>USMC obv
>Agency
>No Such Agency
>State
>DIA
>OSI
>MI
>NAVINT

And then a bunch of different dudes from SOCOM. AMA
>>
>>34175598
Proof or fuck off
>>
>>34175622
Proof? You want my secret squirrel ID? Show you my dark glasses and trench coat?
>>
>>34175294
Extremely. We wage information war literally every day. 9 out of 10 insurgencies or revolutions are started by US Intel groups, either directly or through proxy. The most underrated are the ones you've heard of.
>>
>>34175598
How close to movie spies are actual spies?

How competent are the SAD/SOG guys?
>>
I have a question: How powerful is Germany's foreign intelligence agency?
They seem to be pretty involved with the Russia-Trump investigation.
Are they on the same level as MI5/6?
>>
>>34177653
You've seen "Zero Dark Thirty"? That's an actual decade long op. They were able to fit 10 years into 2 hours by leaving out the paperwork. That's something you never see those fuckers do. Ever seen James Bond write a contact report? No.
>>
>>34177706
Germans, Dutch, and Brits I would put on par with us. Haven't worked with Canadian collectors, but their analysts were good. Never worked with Straya.
>>
They are the ones behind most terrorism and fake news.

Like now thank the "intelligence community" for ISIS and white helmets in the Philippines
>>
US intelligence would be far more effective if it was consolidated worth a shit.

t.Former CTT

>select the squares with vehicles
>picture of a fucking freeway
>>
>>34178175

Of course the only actual employee of us intelligence community would be the one who is complaining about the CAPTCHA.

You are barely intelligent enough to prove yourself a human to post on a website
>>
>>34178333
>#tuffguy

I just miss the text ones.
>>
>>34178175
>>34178175
>select the squares with vehicles
>picture of a fucking freeway
Honestly, I agree.
>>
>>34178067
Really, on par with us?

Damn, I was not expecting that.
>>
>>34177653
Collections guys typically act more as spy recruiters and managers than doing James Bond stuff
>>
>>34178067
I thought Canada didn't have much of a collections arm, using the US for much of that.

Also RCMP or CF guys?
>>
>>34178504
And I guess SAD/SOG/POG would then be the 'James Bond' type of spy?
>>
>>34178067
The German intelligence apparatus is severely limited and the fiasco they had with the Swiss over financial crime recently demonstrates what the English speaking world had suspected for years; that Germans are simply unable to act on or understand intelligence properly

Germans, Swiss and Austrians included, equate intelligence to evidence. No matter what you do with them they will continue doing so, it's pointless to try and make them think otherwise. Their gathering skills are fine, but what they do with it and how they view it is another thing entirely.

This is not weaponry related but I post here regularly enough on close subjects and I'd happily answer any questions people may have to Cold War and immediate post Cold war intelligence work, in both a public and private capacity. I made a career out of it and although I am increasingly out of date, it fits in nicely with the end of commitments.
>>
>>34175294
>How powerful are they really?
11/10.

>Which are some underrrated inelligence agencies?
Can't tell you.

t. worked at various NSA sites for years as signal collector. tbhwyf this is a dumb thread OP. You're only going to attract LARPers, dumbass linguists, and people who aren't going to give you details. Or a party van. Some people in the IC actually take their oaths seriously.
>>
>>34178627
I know. I'm not expecting some super detailed informations, just a fun little discussion, really.
>>
>>34178663
>informations

God, am I retarded today.
>>34178594
So, what is the correct way to act on Intelligence?

Also, what do you mean with 'severely limited'? As far as I know the BND has basically the same capabilites as the NSA.
>>
>>34178679
Not even close. The NSA are leagues ahead, with only really GCHQ close. That's signals, though, and not my bag.

>So, what is the correct way to act on Intelligence?
That depends entirely on what it is you have. It also depends on what your role is, and what you're being tasked to do.

We had a defector, who had a rather interesting role. It was not glamorous but it was absolutely crucial to a wider operation. The information he passed over allowed a full and comprehensive understanding of his nation's relationship with supervising/advisory officers from another nation, such was the nature of his work. Then we sat on it for five years. This information led to further information, which then had a desirable outcome.

The Germans would have taken that information and immediately started acting on it; attempting to take this and use it for their own efforts in that country. Their outcome was that they learned a lot about the structure of the enemy, but did not achieve a wider strategic goal.

SIGINT is a different kettle of fish entirely and if you want to get into that the only people who can tell you about it legally are those many decades out of it, and will probably still be hesitant.
>>
The BND recently had open house at their new HQ (didn't let anybody in though)
>>
>>34178875
Ah, I understand. That's basically what I suspected. So, they don't give it time to develop more intelligence, basically.
Fascinating stuff.

>SIGINT is a different kettle of fish entirely and if you want to get into that the only people who can tell you about it legally are those many decades out of it, and will probably still be hesitant.

nah, man, I don't want anything too specific. That's not really appropriate.
>>34178914
lol. That's pretty funny.
>>
>>34178503
>Really, on par with us?
I can only speak to on the ground collections and source ops. They seemed as capable as us WRT TTP's. I don't know what they were able to do WRT assets or what they were allowed to do WRT caveats. I really expected the French to be better.

>>34178504
>>34178556
>James Bond type stuff
I don't know what you mean by this.

>>34178517
>Canada not much of a collection arm
Which may explain why I only met some analysts. CF.
>>
>>34179048
>I really expected the French to be better.
Yeah, that's something I've heard basically every time this topic comes up.

Apparently, the french intelligence agencies are not that good.
>>
>>34179007
In a way. Don't take it the wrong way; the Germans had some extremely capable individuals and experts but they were not used well and were often part of compromised or out of date operations, that were themselves badly led and misguided.

Communist intelligence services had two massive advantages over the west. The first was that they could take anyone they wanted and train them as an agent, the individual had little choice in the matter. Where a very bright American boy could have ended up working on Wall Street, or his equally bright British cousin working at Lloyds, their Soviet counterpart would have been plucked out of university and sent for training. They had a larger pool, selection done on entirely the requirements of the department and an infinite reach. The second advantage was that they operated with total control, there was no limitation of democracy or freedom or even the personal reluctance of the worker. If the party deemed it necessary then it happened, simple as.

This all led to a very hard (in places, impossible) to penetrate organisation with a very experienced workforce. There was no private sector to split into, a GRU man would not be approached by a company going into the emerging security market. He would work for the GRU, even after he retired.

Because of our constraints, we focused on our advantages. We were structured to counteract that, but remain largely within our own laws. The West Germans took a different approach - attempting to play the same way as East Germany and the USSR but only targeting those of interest. They didn't understand that their system worked solely on universal surveillance.
>>
>>34179121
They work for France and serve France well, and that's all the French care about. As far as their attitude to anyone else, they couldn't care less, and would send the receptionist if they could get away with it. In many cases I suspect they have. They had a third way, as they always do, not the Anglo approach but not the Soviet one. French intelligence was far more concerned with complimenting French interests in its former Empire and did not particularly care about Europe, along with its withdrawal from NATO.

Seeing the French work with other French as an outside, mouth closed observer was eye opening. They were very good.
>>
>>34179217
Interesting. That would explain some craziness.
>>
>>34179191
Well, US Intelligence Agencies also heavily use surveillance, right?

>We were structured to counteract that

Does that mean that our intelligence agencies are not as effective against anyone but the intel agencies of more authoritarian countries like Russia and China?

Also, another question: How independent is the IC and particularly the CIA from the executive branch?
>>34179217
Good to know, thanks.
>>
>>34179360
>Well, US Intelligence Agencies also heavily use surveillance, right?
Yes, but it's not as wide as people think. It is far further reaching than it was 20 years ago, but it's still nothing compared to the full package that you get/got elsewhere. The FBI, for example, will not interview you if you want to be a school teacher but you got that in the Eastern Bloc. It will not send political officers to "look after" the families of Olympic athletes whilst they compete abroad.

>Does that mean that our intelligence agencies are not as effective against anyone but the intel agencies of more authoritarian countries like Russia and China?
It means that we understood the remit of Communist (and, for that matter, Fascist) governments and the absolute power of the state. We, on the other hand, didn't attempt to compete with them in that regard and focused our efforts on our own strengths.

Germany and Italy attempted to take the Soviet style with western attitudes and had some massive setbacks.
>>
>>34179437
What sort of strengths did/does the USIC have over the intelligence services of more authoritarian regimes?
>>
>>34178413
You can enable them in the native extension
CAPTCHA: rapuato crescent
>>
>>34179437
How about russian agencies? Are they as better than soviet times?
>>
>>34175294
>not becoming an ONI spook
Too young to explore the stars...
>>
>>34179217

Are you familiar with the 13th dragoon division

supposedly Frances premiere intel gatherers.
I have heard that their methods differ significantly from other western forces in their observation techniques (they tend to observe from a distance and not get involved at all) is this the case?
>>
>>34175294
35M here.
Most people I work with are fat out of shape shut ins that are utterly incapable of sustaining a conversation let alone do their jobs.
Until a month ago when I told him my roommate didn't even know the Syrian civil war was going on.
SIGINT is better tho.
>>
For all the intelligence workers here, any advice for someone who wants to work in the field? I understand I can find more advice with a simple Giggle search, but you guys probably know stuff that won't show up.
>>
>>34182367
Go to a three letter if you wanna do your job; not the military.
>>
>>34182367
If you're going HUMINT or CounterIntel, do it while you're young and single.
>>
>>34182320
Interesting, how valuable is a 35N.
I ask because I signed with that MOS years ago but came short on the PT test at the end of basic due to an injury.
>>
>>34178026
you are full of shit
>>
>>34182367
if you want to work in intel delete all social media then burn and throw your labtop in a lake. then use hydrochloric acid to burn off your finger prints, then pull out all your teeth and replace with cadaver teeth. then you're ready to apply to the TSA, the premium intelligence agency of the US of A.
>>
>>34182320
Wait, so 35Ms are autistic retards? Or do you think your unit is particularly shit?
>>
>>34175294
>tfw when NOAA gets no respect for intelligence gathering.

You need to know the weather to plan your fight.
>>
>>34183006
You've never done a contact report either.
>>
>>34183073
key
>enemy, terrain, and weather
>>
>>34175598
can you explain turkey and turkish deep state? and operation gladio
>>
>>34183110
No. The only Turkish dude I worked with had no clue about anything and it was 2011.
>>
>>34175294
While more so relating to military intelligence this video is quite interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7_GPnPFIOM
>>
>>34179048
By "James Bond stuff", he means being the tiny percentage of field agents that do action hero shit that he thinks he's godd enough to do. In reply to the question, you can't join cold and do "James Bond shit". You'll be pushing pencils and stacking papers for most of your career. You may see some wow crazy CIA shit, but it's unlikely.
>>
>>34183122
ah so you are an spy but have no idea about that got it.
>>
>>34183186
Marine Intel is concerned with tactical intelligence. Specifically, how to support the local commander. It's not at all interested in strategic intelligence. So no, I don't know about some random shit you're interested in the current year
>>
>>34183157
>action hero shit
Some days I miss being in. And then I remember all the paperwork and shit pay holidays alone in airport bars.
>>
They've been trying to push the Russia narrative for a year despite lacking a shred of supporting data to collapse the US Government rather than let Trump reduce their unconstritutional influence by leaks and lies shoved through the New York Times and Washington Post.
So make of that what you will.
>>
File: Dropsonde_delivery_system[1].jpg (43KB, 427x280px) Image search: [Google]
Dropsonde_delivery_system[1].jpg
43KB, 427x280px
>>34183073
>we're just going to study this hurricane near the coast of a hostile nation
Also what's the best way to get hired at NOAA? I briefly worked for an organization with close ties to it
>>
File: 1454140705813.png (66KB, 170x263px) Image search: [Google]
1454140705813.png
66KB, 170x263px
>>34183501
But anon, they have "high confidence"!

What kind of self-respecting American doesn't trust intelligence agencies like CIA? They're patriots!
>>
>>34183501
This. The libshits have nothing left. At this rate they might not even survive till 2020
>>
>>34183501
(((((((sources)))))))) say they are going to impeach him for two scoops
>>
>>34183365
This is what I mean. All these LARPers think being a coolguy agent is all James Bond shit, but they don't realize the toll that it takes, what with leading a life constantly shrouded in secrecy.
>>
>>34175294
35F on standby
>>
>>34183813
Quit being a faggot. It's not really the secrecy as much as it is other people just won't understand.
>>
>>34175294
The uneven spacing in this collage is triggering me.
>>
>>34183833
For me, it would be the secrecy because I'm a family person. Not being able to tell them what I do for an indeterminate period of time would kill me.
>>
>>34183960
I told my family what I did. Mostly. They didn't need to know all of it.
>>
>>34184008
I'm a very honest person. I find it hard leaving out parts of the truth.
>inb4 real world is dishonest world bloo bloo
I know, I'm not too good at this.
>>
>>34184059
It's easy to leave out the parts that are Secret. They're boring anyway. The parts that are fun are harder to leave out.
>>
>>34175646
kek
>>
>>34178679
>the BND has basically the same capabilites as the NSA.

*retching"
>>
>>34178594
>Cold War and immediate post Cold war intelligence work
Was McCarthy right?
>>
For any cyber/intel job, Navy or Airforce?
>>
>>34184091
Makes sense. I think the Agency's really cool and it would be a real treat to get to work there, but I don't know if I'm the right person for the job.
>>
35T here. Having been around to fix their shit for so long, I can confirm that there is absolutely nothing interesting or even effective about Army intel.
>>
So, there's actually a hearing about Section 702 of FISA right now.
You can watch it on C-Span.
>>
>>34179990
Openness. People that are a bit weird or out there employed on a casual basis. Generally, "diversity" in the true meaning of the word. People work there because they like it and they are generally well treat by their employers. These are not game changing, but every little helps.

>>34181197
From what I know they've retained everything that worked and understood their own politics well enough to scrap the things that did previously work, but do not in the 21st century with some democratic systems.

They're still very effective. Smaller reach and budget but they serve Russia in the same way they served the Soviet Union. I'm sure we've all heard the myths of KGB agents going to work as the USSR collapsed and turning up for work the next morning and carrying on as usual. I don't know if it was quite that seamless but a lot of things stuck around.

>>34181847
That's battlefield reconnaissance.

>>34184171
I think he understood the scale of the problem but I don't think he was correct in identifying where it was located.
>>
>>34184266
There's no harm in trying.
>>
>>34183501
There's a difference between "Russia interfered by obtaining and disseminating information" and "Russia rigged the election."

If you don't understand the difference between those two statements, you should go back to /pol/.
>>
>some towel-head from a British controlled territory spewing out shit for possible POI's

Holy shit guys, if you want to know more about these things, just fucking apply. It's really that easy.
These threads are always bait and should never be taken seriously.
>>
File: IMAG0699~2.jpg (190KB, 1698x965px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0699~2.jpg
190KB, 1698x965px
35series here, intel sucks. I should have gone combat arms
>>
>>34182320
can confirm, all our HUMINT guys are fat weirdos who don't do shit. SIGINT are a bunch of weebs. all the OSINT guys are nerds who think they're hot shit. GEOINT are more weebs nerds, but even more worthless. we like them though because arcmap fucking blows
>>
>>34190543
GEOINT
>can you print me a map?
>I don't do maps
>who does?
>I don't know
>well can you use your big ass printer and print a satellite view of everything in the AO?
>yes
>and then label everything?
>of course
>and put a north pointing arrow?
>yup
>and grids?
>here you go
>thanks man. If you ever figure out who does maps let me know
>>
>>34191784
yes, golfs and 12yankees, i swear to god
>>
>>34190543
So if everyone sucks, who actually does the INT part?
>>
>>34192700
sigint and the sof doing sse
>>
File: 1400883549811.jpg (8KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
1400883549811.jpg
8KB, 228x221px
>>34178026
>It takes 10 years for Amerilards to kill a single hajji

hmmm
>>
>>34193009
>single hadji

check those numbers again
>>
>>34178875
So is SSL safe or has the NSA broken it?
>>
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/20/world/asia/china-cia-spies-espionage.html?_r=0

>Killing C.I.A. Informants, China Crippled U.S. Spying Operations

>WASHINGTON — The Chinese government systematically dismantled C.I.A. spying operations in the country starting in 2010, killing or imprisoning more than a dozen sources over two years and crippling intelligence gathering there for years afterward.

>Current and former American officials described the intelligence breach as one of the worst in decades. It set off a scramble in Washington’s intelligence and law enforcement agencies to contain the fallout, but investigators were bitterly divided over the cause. Some were convinced that a mole within the C.I.A. had betrayed the United States. Others believed that the Chinese had hacked the covert system the C.I.A. used to communicate with its foreign sources. Years later, that debate remains unresolved.

so who fucked up
>>
>>34193045
depends how long your keys are
>>
>>34182399
Most of the three letter government workers don't even do their job....>>34182997
>>
>>34175294
OP than/k/s for the interesting thread.
>>
>>34192700
>So if everyone sucks, who actually does the INT part?
Not him, but not everyone sucks in Army MI. It's just that, like every other CMF, you get stuck with people who thought the MOS sounded cool, it was offering a bonus (at least when I went in in 2006), it was the only MOS they could get because they needed a moral waiver and it was a star MOS etc. and then they don't actually care.

But because of how the military works they can't just be fired so they either drag down their whole team or they get assigned to do other details. When I was in Iraq we had a SSG who was an MOS-T (retrained) to 35F. He was previously medical admin and NODs maintenance and hated doing his job. So he ended up running the mail room for our unit and driving the GSA van and bus and shit around running errands. A contractor or a civilian can just be fired. In fact I got offered a contract for Afghanistan while I was in the middle of school by a friend of mine because the person who was working the contract previously was fired for incompetence.
>>
>>34193293
My pleasure.

It got pretty retarded at the end there, though
>>
>>34194119
mos-ts are the worst. we had a pharm tech turned fox and holy fuck was that the worst nco I've had.
>>
>>34193045
According to the NSA guys I talked to, encryption itself is unbreakable. But, they have so many tools to get around it, it might as well be open. If they're after you.
>>
>>34183719
Probably have a degree in meteorology.
>>
>>34182997
They do their job more than I do, and their training is much more prioritized than mine is. Probably depends on the unit.
>>34183055
I don't really remember my friends in AIT or DLI being like this; but I guess maybe that was due to the circles I ran in. But my unit and others I've worked with thé HUMINT is all borderline autism; it blows my mind every time i have to explain how to have a basic conversation beyond MUH ANIMU.
>>34190543
At least it's not just my unit then. Whoever recruits these people should be shot.
>>
Did some Intel work as a Marine. Low level. I was Infantry and during the Surge they didn't have enough BN level Intel guys so they bumped up some of the guys from companies, we were called CLIC Marines.

Kinda boring actually. Maybe it was more so for me because I didn't sign up for it. But the most interesting shit is one of our instructors was a former detective of a major city. Because we all had TS clearances he told us all kinds of crazy shit that never gets released to the public. Domestic Intel is always jucier.
>>
>>34183329
ok mr super secret spy assasin james bond
>>
>>34175294
what
>National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
>National Reconnaissance Office
>Coast Guard Intelligence
>Bureau of Intelligence and Research
>Office of Terrorism and Financial Intelligence
>Office of Intelligence and Counterintelligence
do they do i know about cia and nsa but these agencys?
>>
>>34196214
Yeah. CLIC was a great idea. Like Combat Hunter and Designated Marksmen and Female Engagement Teams. Great ideas that went nowhere because company commanders didn't know how to utilize them.
>>
>>34178627
>Oaths

I doubt any real patriot, a master of the post enlightenment dialectic, would ever worship the war time flag and devote their lives to serving corruption. You're either a soveriegn citizen or an insurgent, there is no grey area.
>>
>>34196255
I'm assuming FININT is about collecting intelligence about the movement of money in the international banking system and the recipients, intermediaries, and senders of questionable transactions.
>>
>35M HUMINT
Try hard James Bond impersonators. Joined because they thought they'd water board people

>35L counter Intel
See: 35M but 5x worse because they have a Special Agent badge

>35F All source
Take everyone's reports, put them in power point, take all the credit

>35N SIGINT
Weeaboos and nerds

>35P linguist
"My toddler level proficiency in German will totally be of use in Afghanistan"

>35G GEOINT
Only knew one of these guys and no one could ever find where he hid from work all day
>>
>>34197061
>35N
>weaboos

completely true
>>
>>34175294

State Dept INR are easily the most underrated of the three all-source IC agenies. They have a track record of excellent products and forecasts.
>>
>>34178679
>As far as I know the BND has basically the same capabilites as the NSA.

They can't even maintain the fucking servers, every week a CIA engineer has to do the fucking updates.

>>34193045

The NSA saves everything, EVERYTHING that is encrypted.

They have philosophy "If we can't encrypt is now, we can decrypt in the furture."
>>
>>34197098

To elaborate on this, there are three "all-source" agencies (i.e. they recieve and analyze all kinds of collections: sigint, humint etc) - the DOD Defense Intelligence Agency, the CIA and the State Department Bureau of Intelligence and Research (INR). Of these three, INR is by far the smallest and least well resourced but they have a history of being the only one to correctly call things DOD and CIA fucked up:

>only agency to dissent on the 2002 NIE (the Iraq War one)
>only agency to dissent on the Bay of Pigs
>called the 1973 Yom Kippur War half a year in advance
>accurately assessed the outcome of Vietnam (mainly in warning that the RVN was too weak)
>>
>>34197061
You mean you don't get to waterboard people?
>>
>>34196070
So what you're saying is go 35M and have the Army subsidize my anime habit?
>>
>>34198716
weebs and magic the gathering nerds transcend all 35series boundries, its insane. at goodfellow there is a magic/comic shop across from the gnc in the tiny bx. those are the two businesses on base.
>>34197073
see above
>>34197061
accurate as fuck
>>34196070
yeah my unit has a humint and a geo section, its unreal how fucking worthless they are. mikes are completely redundant stateside, all the do is pre and post deployment debriefing
>>
>>34197061
You forgot
>35T
Gods
>>
>>34200472
so wrong
>>
>>34198716
Please fucking don't. I already have to hide from my company amongst the normies on the weekends. We don't need more.
>>
>>34200311
and sierras, budget as fuck sigint with a superiority complex
>>
>>34201106
>Not countering the weeb menace with MLP
Horse pussy best pussy
>>
>>34194119
Shit, I know the military and government move at a glacial pace and are largely incompetent, but you'd think that in a field as critical as intel, they would make sure everyone was up to the standards, and if not they would be shuffled out to a different unit/MOS instead of being allowed to waste space in a valuable intel slot. Does it end up that the civilian side with alphabet soup agencies does most of the work, or do the 20% of useful military intelligence guys get 80% of the intel work?
>>
>>34203217
It's largely the 20% that do 80% of the work.
At least in my company the autismal shut ins are hidden in the back while literally me and one other guy with my PSG do all the HUMINT work.
Which is great because all three of us are gonna ETS; while the rest just reenlisted.
For instance I'm a senior specialist(tm) and I have two people under me, but I literally can't trust them to get a persons name. One of them literally broke down crying from anxiety when I told him to interrogate a dude; then proceeded to throw a chair at his head.
I weep for my career field.
>>
>>34204930
our mikes are chill redneck types, but they just hide in the back and do nothing. 2 specialists and a ssg that get fat and attend commander briefs every once in a while
>>
>>34204930
I was not impressed with Army HUMINT. None of the ones I worked with would we consider even basically trained.
>>
>>34204930
>One of them literally broke down crying from anxiety when I told him to interrogate a dude; then proceeded to throw a chair at his head
Sounds like he was just trying a one man good-cop-bad-cop scenario, or maybe a suicidal-cop-psycho-cop.
Holy fuck though, I don't know how you stand it
>>
I know he's been on Sputnik and RT, but I really want to know how deep the rabbit hole goes with Phillip Giraldi?
>>
>>34204930
>One of them literally broke down crying from anxiety when I told him to interrogate a dude; then proceeded to throw a chair at his head.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha jfc my sides, I just keep picturing some neckbeard with MLP shit on their desk doing this and it's funnier every time.

I do defense contracting and I had a client cry once because things were hard to understand or some shit. I've never seen the level of incompetence this person had survive anywhere else, but DoD is like job welfare that just refuses to fire people. Civilian DoD employees are just like you said, 20% of people pulling the weight of everyone else. Every now and then one of them sees the light and goes off to the private sector, but a lot of times they're just like "stick it through another 10 years and I'll get that sweet retirement beni"
>>
>>34175437

Go finish your reports.
>>
>>34175294
>How powerful are they really?
I've known people with Top Secret clearances who ended up being pedos or animal-fuckers. And they only got it revoked because they slipped up and got caught by city or provincial authorities first.

You'd think they would notice that kind of thing when the secret squirrels are off investigating you, but nope.

I'm sure countries as whole entities keep very tight leashes on eachother, and nothing goes on that the rest of the world doesn't know about, and all those things are kept secret from Da Peoples just fine; but your average EncyclopediaDramatica lolcow archivist is probably more effective at investigating someone than any CIA or Mossad or CSIS agent/analyst/whatever they call themselves.
>>
>>34201298
i touched horse pussy once

it was pretty weird, and incredibly dirty
>>
>>34208515
>You'd think they would notice that kind of thing when the secret squirrels are off investigating you, but nope.

Generally speaking they aren't bothered unless it can be used against you. You're given a chance to be open about it and that's that. If it's badly illegal they'll do something about it (usually if it involves money, or espionage, you're out of luck) but they've seen it all before.

People with attempted murder charges have held extremely specialist clearances for bizarre types of work.
>>
>>34183501
>>34187564
I love how everyone was freaking out about Hillary and her e-mail scandal, but as soon as Trump took leads in polls it switched in a heartbeat to TRUMP IS A RUSSIAN SPY!!! with no evidence.

Same for his health; Hillary's old as shit, and while the fears of her dying on stage were unfounded, she's still old as shit. But now it's almost the exact same complaints directed towards Trump, oh he's wearing diapers here, what's that thing in his aide's hand, oh I bet it's in case he dies on stage!

The left has no creativity in their slander anymore.

>>34191784
lmao one time for an exercise, I got tasked with finding some sea route maps of the local area that we could hand out to our boat coxns so they wouldn't beach or anything

we LITERALLY have an Int O who is supposed to do that kind of thing. shit nigga he's supposed to just have those maps on hand in a cabinet somewhere, but nope

but w/e at least it gave me something to do for the night, it's not like I'd have been occupied otherwise 2bh
>>
>>34208552
Up here, the RCMP takes part in those investigations, so I'd imagine that if they found a crime they'd just prosecute you because dem arrest quotas.

And it's not like military members don't occasionally get charged with crimes like that and get booted out, I don't see why the RCMP or CSIS would give a shit about your career when they can just cut the investigation short and open a much more straightforward and internally lucrative criminal case.
>>
>>34197061
Why are the first four and Geo split into individual jobs? I can understand recruiting linguists seperately as there are different things you train and select for, but the rest don't really require individual tasking.

I can grasp why you'd develop that later in the career but everyone else in the world seems to recruit linguists separately and everyone else in the same lot, with training toward those areas done way down the line and not at the recruiting point.
>>
>>34197061
>a Special Agent badge
doesn't that literally only mean they're allowed to arrest people
>>
Soon becoming a licensed psychologist and having experience as a cav.scout, is that a relevant background for becoming a humint collector?
>>
>>34208596
It depends on the crime, but still it's unlikely to follow on in the way you outlined. The problem is that there are methods of researching an individuals past that they consent to as part of the vetting procedure that are not admissible in court. When you undergo vetting you're giving consent for them to pry into every aspect of your life using methods that are not exactly the ones used by investigative police officers.

Naturally if they find something really bad they'll inform the correct authorities but by that point anything record related will have come up in the initial checks, not part of a secret clearance investigation. At that point they're looking for things that aren't necessarily illegal, but may prevent you from doing the job. Your financial situation, dependents, habits, that sort of thing. The legality isn't really the issue as anything properly illegal will have already come up.
>>
>>34193072
the CIA has never been good at this sort of thing, but then again, every other spy agency in the world worth a shit either has been doing it for centuries under many names and cultivating all kinds of longstanding connections that are practically entrenched culturally, or is Mossad and is inexplicably competent because of deals with wizards or something

the US has had, what, maybe 60 years of practice? the average person is still bad at gossip collecting after 60 years of adult life, having a network of spies is a good achievement for 60 years even if it's still not enough
>>
>>34208682
>the US has had, what, maybe 60 years of practice?

It has, but the problems with the CIA are massive. There are far more useful and competent agencies and departments elsewhere, yet the CIA are front and centre. The NSA, in contrast, is incredibly capable and leagues ahead of other nations equivalents.

The CIA had an economic investigation department where they monitored the economic health of the USSR. They took the Soviets own figures where available and just slapped 5 percent on things. In 1988 they were predicting growth in the USSR as it collapsed. The CIA had every operation they attempted in the Communist world wound up and spat out. Look at their forays into Korea and Eastern Europe. They were amateurs, despite a vast budget and unlimited scope.

Their direct action operations may seem exciting to the uninformed but they're an embodiment of everything wrong with the CIA and its gross incompetence.
>>
>>34208739
yeah, yeah, I too have a copy of Legacy Of Ashes. I'm just saying that a lot of the massive incompetence of the CIA comes from just not yet knowing how to run that sort of agency, and not having the necessary connections to get good intel.

afaik it's why the US and Israel are so buddy-buddy, Mossad was the CIA's only way to get good solid intel on a lot of places.
>>
>>34208872
>Legacy Of Ashes
I haven't read that book but one of the top Google results is the CIA slamming it, so now I want to read it.
https://www.cia.gov/library/center-for-the-study-of-intelligence/csi-publications/csi-studies/studies/vol51no3/legacy-of-ashes-the-history-of-cia.html
>>
>>34197061
>weebs and nerds
that sounds like a fucking dream, I'd want to work there for the rest of my life
>>
> Because we all had TS clearances he told us all kinds of crazy shit that never gets released to the public. Domestic Intel is always jucier.

Can you give hints as to what it was or nah?
>>
>>34208618
In the Marines, HUMINT and CounterIntel are the same MOS, but it's also not an entry level MOS. All Source are analysts, not collectors. SIGINT takes a bit of technical knowledge HUMINT doesn't require.
>>
>>34208552
I've illegally downloaded cars and purses, will this fuck me on getting a job in intel ir any kind of clearance?
>>
>>34211209
If you've stopped, you should be fine. Even if you haven't and promise to not put on your pirate hat, you should be fine. Bear in mind that it reflects poorly on a Federal organization to break Federal law.
>>
What is your honest opinion on the CIA? >inb4 big guys
>>
Will a 35M have enough free time and access to a computer and the internet to write his fanfics and update them? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>34182320

I'm a 12A in EBOLC right now. We have this one state NG girl in our class who worked in her S2 shop before coming here. It's common for some of the NG/reserve ROTC grads to go directly to their unit for a while instead of BOLC first. Anyways, I swear, she is the laziest, fattest, shammer I've seen. Not just out of shape for a COMBAT FUCKING ARMS MOS, but out of shape in general. I mean holy fuck. If we got clowns like this in S2, no wonder why we can't find al-Baghdadi. Our esteemed G2 brief told us not to post dumb shit on Facebook. Great. We're really battening down the hatches now.
>>
>>34208515

Lol seriously, this. I don't know how it became a thing in movies where the intelligence community is some badass group of all-seeing ninjas who know all your dirty laundry. Most of the time they don't even know where their dick is.
>>
>>34197497
That's really interesting.
>>
>>34208515
>I've known people with Top Secret clearances who ended up being pedos or animal-fuckers.
Well, to be fair, around 1.5 million people in the US are supposed to have Top-Secret clearances.
>>
>>34197061
Every NCO at Huachuca hangs out at the card shop on post. That place is weird af. Trainees and NCOs playing Magic and Warhammer together. Huachuca is God's Land tho. I love the desert.
>>
>>34211422
If you are this salty already you arent making captain
>>
>>34175294
>Which are some underrrated inelligence agencies?

The fucking french, especially their "Action Service" it's basically JasonBourne-tier without the body mod bullshit
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.