[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, so despite my love for them, I'm relatively new to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Hey, so despite my love for them, I'm relatively new to semi autos

I want to know what prevents the slide lock from engaging on every shot. It does after its empty, obviously, but what prevents it from doing it /before/ that?

I guess it doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't do that, but I'm still curious
>>
>>34174986
In most semi-automatic handguns, the follower of the magazine engages with part of the slide release. The slide release is normally being acted on by a spring to prevent the slide from being locked to the rear no matter the position of the handgun, be it upright or inverted. When the follower engages with the slide release after the last round has been chambered, the force of the magazine spring, which is greater than that exerted by the slide release spring, is overcome and part of the slide release now has a net upwards force being applied to it. Once the last round is fired and the slide is cycled to the rear, this net force causes the slide release to move up and engage with a cutout in the slide.
>>
There's a tab on the magazine follower that presses up against the inside of the slide catch/release. This tab is usually a small pad on the front left of the follower and works through spring tension. The space it occupies is largely empty until the mag empties due to the stacking of the ammunition being sorted out of the way by the mag body. When you lock back the slide with an empty mag installed you should be able to see what's going on inside the ejection port.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.