[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do they cut costs that they're able to sell those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: ar.jpg (21KB, 279x314px) Image search: [Google]
ar.jpg
21KB, 279x314px
Where do they cut costs that they're able to sell those for less than 450$?
>>
>>34174881
> barrel
> non name brand
>>
>>34174881
>cut costs
They didn't cut costs. They overstocked assuming hillary would win, and Supply forces took effect.
>>
>>34174881
The AR in that image doesn't have a rear site, for one thing.
>>
Prices don't magic themselves, corners were cut. They are cheap guns made cheaply, but the only reason they are being sold cheaply is because of the orange man.
>>
They're liquidating stock. The gun is pretty typical for entry level ARs
>>
>>34174881
>60 year old gun
>no name barrel

>PSA

thats overpriced
>>
>>34175125
>60 year old gun
this is such a dumb argument because the age of the design doesn't magically make it cheaper to produce or bring less demand
>hurr durr why do people pay $5000 for a Mauser M98 it's a 120 year old design
>>
>>34175210
This.
>>
>>34174928
>Triptard
>ISHIG

No corners were coming except for the magpul shit and the barrel.

You idiots over estimate the prices of billet aluminum by a metric fuckton.

You idiots over estimate the pricing of hard anodizing and the equipment to do so.

You idiots overestimate the process of barrels which really is the only thing of Los when it comes to PSA, their barrels aren't good. They're fine for plinking but not good.

Everything else is piss easy to make. Buffer tubes are shit out by the thousands and sold in bulk to manufacturers, springs are no different.

Barrel formed are expensive for sure, but the blanks are just short tubes of steel. And even the machines last fucking forever given the steel that makes them is almost always a super dense tool steel treated to be even denser. So the wearing parts are nickels and dimes on barrels, exception being chrome playing because it's a delicate and easily fucked up operation.

Triggers are easily CNCed. Nickel paying is something you can do at home. Polishing is easily done with a fucking bead blaster.

Forgings start almost always as castings which are made it the thousands.

BCGs is probably the most expensive piece of an AR but given the wonders of CNC, is all done without human input.

Everybody fucking forgets FNH and Colt is making M4a1s for the military at 400 dollars a unit with cleaning kit, fix ins, et certainly. It's not just volume at work, but being that this is how cheap and easy it is to make an AR thanks to automation.
>>
>>34177154

All this
i mean come on

A Ruger 10/22 costs like $300 so I have no idea why a rifle which pretty much weighs the same wouldnt also cost $300.
>>
>>34174881
All firearms are more expensive than their materials should make them because they are a little hard to get and cool
>>
The Chinese can shit out AKs for about $30.

t. recent small arms survey of the world

I wonder how much my hawk 982 cost to make? I got it for $160 with free shipping. The distributor takes a cut, the store I bought it from takes a cut, the importer takes a cut, and of course the chinks take a cut.
>>
>>34177154
Yup. This is the truth. We all have been overpaying for rifles for years and they're only this cheap because the bottom fell out of the market and some companies can't even give them away.
>>
>>34174891
>They didn't cut costs. They overstocked assuming hillary would win, and Supply forces took effect.
>>34175120
>They're liquidating stock. The gun is pretty typical for entry level ARs
I've seen this repeated a ton, but even in the months leading up to the election you could get an AR-15 in the $400-$450 range if you bought an assembled upper and lower separately from PSA. Only thing out of the ordinary is the occasional deals dipping into the $350-$400 range.
>>
>>34177154
Truth.
The majority of AR parts are mass produced by a few manufacturers and sold in bulk to every AR "building" company.
>>
Would it be fine to buy this, then put a better barrel on it at a later date if you're poor?
>>
>>34177154
>Everybody fucking forgets FNH and Colt is making M4a1s for the military at 400 dollars a unit

The most recent M4 contract was with FNH in 2013 for a 120,000 rifle run for $77 million, which comes out to $642 a rifle. The previous Remington contract sold M4s at $673 per. Definitely cheaper than the equivalent civilian "mil-spec" rifle, but only by about $150 from the cheapest LE-6920 you can find.

Source: http://www.guns.com/2013/02/26/fn-lands-army-m4-contract-underbids-colt-remington/
>>
>>34178815
Only if you don't like the barrel. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>>
>>34179487
PSA was buying their AR barrels from FNH.

FNH was making them in South Carolina and PSA was buying them and picking them up in their trucks.

Their barrels are fine.
>>
>>34174881
the guns cost like 100 bucks to produce so there still making 4.5 times their money
>>
>>34179454
>>The most recent M4 contract was with FNH in 2013 for a 120,000 rifle run for $77 million, which comes out to $642 a rifle.
Don't those contracts generally include spare parts for the guns as well?
>>
Their "Freedumb" 4150V nitrided 1:7 barrels are really good.
>>
>>34181730
This. Yeah they aren't sub MOA but if you're not spending thousands you're not going to get that anyway.
>>
>>34177154
Learn to read you fucking potato! I said they was cheap guns made cheaply! The only reason the can be bought cheap is because of the orange man!
>>
>>34174928
You're actually just some chav who decided to do the whole
>Put on a trip and immediately start flooding the entire board with intentionally ignorant bullshit for easy (you)s
routine the past week and a half, right? Ten days and you've shat out nearly 900 shitposts. Get a fucking job, dude, or at least a hobby.
>>
File: 1463082447447.gif (519KB, 500x715px) Image search: [Google]
1463082447447.gif
519KB, 500x715px
>>34174881
i was building those cheap kits to cash in on Hillary winning
>now you can buy a better AR already assembled for what i spent, that is actually higher quality.

at least now i just have hella ARs
>>
>>34174881
They could probably make the rifle and break even for about a hundred dollars.
>>
>>34177154
>This
Psa is making $350-$400 off this rifle. If Hill-Dawg had won it would be a $650 rifle on the low end
>simple supply and command
>>
>>34181786
Fuck off im a pom! Id sooner be fucking dead, and I have a job I only work there 3 days a week and that's in the morning, and who needs hobbies when I have a constant supply of fresh (you)s injected into my eyeball from fucks like you who for some reason give a fuck about some retarded fuck with some squiggles behind his name.
>>
>>34178815
Just.. shoot out the barrel then replace it when that time comes.
>>
>>34181779
You learn to read jackass. Cheap =/= inexpensive
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.