[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my little brother (17) is planning to go camping in the Manistee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: manistee forest.jpg (670KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
manistee forest.jpg
670KB, 1600x1200px
So my little brother (17) is planning to go camping in the Manistee National Forest with some of his friends. I trust him enough to borrow some of my guns for the trip, but I'm worried about just one thing.
We're from Illinois, so naturally both he and I have FOID cards. If he takes my guns to Michigan, is that legal with him being under 18 and all? As far as I know in Illinois, if you're underage but have a FOID, you can have guns gifted to you. Basically what I'm asking is: Would he and his buddies (who do NOT have FOIDs) be on legal grounds to take firearms to a national park while being underage with a firearms liscense?
>>
LOL this reminds me of a story.

Not far from there in Huron NF, my sister was camping with her husband when they were first married. There was an easement for power lines, where they could see up past the park office, and parking lot which had a large streetlight in the middle. Her husband walked up to piss at the portable toilet near the office and she said it seemed like he was gone for 15 or 20 minutes, long enough she started to panic. He actually came back dripping with piss and crawling on all fours. They figured it had only been 1-2 minutes comparing the time on their watches, but he would never explain why he came back on all fours peeing on himself. To this day he changes the subject at family gatherings and seems annoyed and weird about it.
>>
>>34173315
Your brother in law was possessed by a pisswalker
sorry senpai
>>
>>34172862
They may get pissy about handguns, largely depends on how much they like you as fucked as that sounds. Most all the cops and DNR are pretty cool near manistee.
>>
>>34173315
Your sisters bitch was raped tru peehole
>>
>>34173521
Letting him take my SKS and makarov for right now, might let him take my AR too but I'm still on the fence about that.
>>
>>34172862
No, your underage b& brother and his friends cannot openly carry a firearm or possess one unsupervised by an adult on public land just because they entered your gay commie state's firearm owner registry and got an ID badge that means absolutely nothing in MI.

Go be a dumb FIB in your own woods.
>>
>>34173548
I'd leave the mak at home dude, while things have been getting a lot better here a cop will still just see a minor with a handgun (a no no). If he wants some more flavor let him bring one of your scatter gats.
>>
>>34173579
>Implying we have woods
Don't remind me :(
>>34173589
Sounds good. But to reiterate, it's ok to bring the rifles/long guns, but no pistols as an underage b&?
>>
Pretty sure minors are prohibited possessors without supervision federally and usually locally. So unless he's got friends that are 18 I'd say it's not legal.
>>
>>34172862
Former Illini here, lived in Mishigan for a while..

Honestly, he *should* be okay, as long as he's not retarded and waving them around/shooting them off... However, if the statie wants to be an asshat about it, FOID cards aren't technically accepted as ID in mishitgan, AND he's under 18, so he cannot legally possess a firearm (if someone over 18 is in the party, they should be okay, unless he wants to hit him with delinquency, and remove the firarms as 'evidence' (read: steal them))

Best to err on the side of caution, and not let him take them.
>>
>>34173611
Technical no no on the long gat too. That's why I said it depends on the cop.
I never got in trouble but then again I was from the area and not a sperg.
>>
>>34173611
You have to be 18 in Michigan to OC. To possess or carry a rifle in the woods while under 18 you need to be DIRECTLY supervised by an adult or possess a valid MI hunting license and be carrying it for the purpose of hunting.

If there are guns in minors tents and you are the only adult a park ranger/sheriff will fuck you. Direct supervision leaves plenty of room for LE interpretation.

If you have a handgun that is not registered in MI and you don't hold a valid out-of-state CPL, you are probably gonna have a bad day as well.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(4qoo0eksry3xkv5pdouyocam))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-750-234f
>>
>>34173650
>>34173688
Damn, little bro will be disappointed when I tell him tomorrow. Oh well.
But when he and his butt buddies turn 18, they're good to go I assume?
>>
>>34173709
As long as there's not some conflict with national park policy then they would be ok to OC under Michigan law. They could also just do the un-/k/ thing and go camping in Manistee without a small arsenal. It's not exactly the Alaskan bush or Upper Peninsula.
>>
File: STALKERgetsarrested.png (122KB, 1383x963px) Image search: [Google]
STALKERgetsarrested.png
122KB, 1383x963px
Thats the national forest where this took place in.
dont go near ludington and you will be fine

T.The drunk stalker
>>
File: 1363077287117.gif (447KB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
1363077287117.gif
447KB, 245x175px
>>34173750
>Not bringing an armory whenever you leave the house
>>
>>34173767
Noted, any places you recommend in particular?
>>
>>34173851
I can't bring my entire arsenal with me when I go shooting. 11 guns tops. I drive a sedan. Not a truck. My shooting trips are 9+ hours on site. (Ammunition weight in car)
>>
>>34173405

we all thought Skinwalkers were bad. Pisswalker just ruins all your future social get togethers.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.