[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ prefer? Melee combat setting i.e. medieval or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Armored Core vs Dark Souls.jpg (246KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Armored Core vs Dark Souls.jpg
246KB, 1920x1080px
What does /k/ prefer?

Melee combat setting i.e. medieval or modern combat setting i.e. post repeating guns?

I used to like guns very much but combat-wise, melee is more fun and personal.
>>
File: IMG_1866.jpg (140KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1866.jpg
140KB, 640x360px
>>34172290
Why not both melee AND firearms?
>>
>>34172471
It's an option, but it's mostly melee all the times since firearms at the time were slow and require reloading every shots.

Once these kinks are worked out, very hard to stay melee.
>>
>>34172290
Modern combat games.
Melee is just mashing buttons.
>>
>>34172516
You mash buttons in shitty shooter as much as mashing button in shitty hack and slash.
>>
>>34172290
Armored core is closer to what "real" combat "feels like."

ie; frantic bullshit and panic while vaguely holding to some preconceived tactics.

Dark souls is technically speaking the superior game, given the mechanics are much easier to grasp and use, but the combat is far more video-gamey. ie; take a turn, back up, block, take a turn, back up, block, dodge, and so on.

I prefer armored core because I find the setting of dark souls to be depressing and the combat deeply repetitive.
>>
>>34172549
But Armored Core is just as depressing.
>>
>>34172496
Riflemen and light infantry have better accuracy than line infantry. But yeah, most of the time it's ends up being a big bayonet mosh pit on siege servers.
>>
>>34172582
Yee, but at least its depressing with things besides "Everyone dies and also you're an immortal ass that will go through dementia and alzheimer's, also good job you just litterally fucking killed the sun asshat. Your reward is to burn alive forever until you cease to exist, which would technically count as dying, or skullfuck the whole planet with the yawning abyss."

Its instead "You're a lone mercenary with a hot waifu in your ear fighting the illuminati for the betterment of mankind and you win! oooor, nah, actually, everyone died but you killed the big bad. Or you killed everyone, good and bad guys included."

Characterization is nice too, given the enemy can talk to you as you rip them half as opposed to getting some really rigid text boxes with voice overs and a silent fight of overdone animations.
>>
Fucking LOVE Armored Core but haven't played any past the PS2. Are the new ones good?
>>
>>34172636
I don't think you understand Dark Souls.

Either ways, AC either ends with everyone dying, you dying or you live long enough to become the villain.

Or worse, none of what you did matter.

Dark Souls has more heroism.
>>
>>34172549
>but the combat is far more video-gamey. ie; take a turn, back up, block, take a turn, back up, block, dodge, and so on.
This is a gross simplication of Dark Souls combat.

you might as well say AC is point, boost and shoot.
>>
>>34172534
>button mashing
>In a FPS
>laughingwhores.jpg
>>
>>34172943
The only genre where you cannot button mash is turn-based games.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.