[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you order a firearm online to be delivered to your local FFL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1493158139975.png (564KB, 596x791px) Image search: [Google]
1493158139975.png
564KB, 596x791px
If you order a firearm online to be delivered to your local FFL dealer, does your back ground check get started once you make the purchase online, or once the firearm gets to the dealer? Also what exactly do you have to do when you go pick it up? do you have to demonstrate you are familiar with the firearm before they let you take it home?
>>
>>34170381
im In California so the background check is automatically a 2 week waiting period
>>
File: 1428108340311.png (987KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1428108340311.png
987KB, 1600x1200px
>>34170359
Contact your FFL and ask. When I bought a hand gun here in Wisconsin there's a 3 day wait. However my old boy Daryl counts filling out the form and a phone call as day 1.

So I order something and pick it up a few days later.
>>
>>34170359
have you ever done the background check because if you have you know there's no way it could "get started once you make the purchase online", you do it at the FFL place where they have actual computers or forums for you to fill and submit.
>Also what exactly do you have to do when you go pick it up?
just walk in and say you are picking up something you ordered under your name, pay the transfer fee or FFL processing fee or whatever.
>do you have to demonstrate you are familiar with the firearm before they let you take it home?
I think it's a requirement in some places? Ask your FFL. In most cases people would inspect the item, work the action, fondle it a bit while NOT sweeping anyone while doing so.
>tfw picking up AR
>tfw upper pivot and slam into glass counter as I unpin it
>brief awkard exchange of looks with the clerk before we go back to what we were doing
>>
>>34170489
lol..that botton anecdote is exactly what i dont want to happen hahahha man that would be embarrassing....yes i did the back ground check once before so I know i will pass, i bought one other firearm a couple years ago, but that time I bought it from the store, they already had it in stock so I did all the paper work when I was in there buying it anyway.
>>
Exactly what you have to go through depends on the state. You're best off approaching the dealer ahead of time to make sure everything is good. For me, it went like this:
>Order gun on GunBroker
>Send owner money through preferred method + shipping
>Talk to local dealer
>Dealer faxes FFL to seller
>Seller ships gun to dealer
>Dealer calls and lets you know
>Go to dealer, pay transfer fee, paperwork fees, and fill out background check forms (plus IDs required)
>ATF say okay. You go home with new family member
>>
>>34170359
If you live in a ban or cuck state I have no idea what kind of special bullshit you have to do to buy a gun, but in free states it's pretty simple.

>does your back ground check get started once you make the purchase online, or once the firearm gets to the dealer?

The background check is done at the FFL your firearm is shipped to.

>Also what exactly do you have to do when you go pick it up

>walk in
>fill out 4473
>wait for proceed
>pay transfer fee
>walk out with firearm

>do you have to demonstrate you are familiar with the firearm before they let you take it home?

Nope, although you should inspect any firearm purchased sight unseen before accepting the transfer and doing the paperwork. Even factory new stuff that comes from another dealer should be given a once over and at least field stripped.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.