[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The only transferable RPD I can find is +85k What would it take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_0022.jpg (67KB, 472x239px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0022.jpg
67KB, 472x239px
The only transferable RPD I can find is +85k

What would it take to build one on a registered Polytech AK receiver?
>>
RPK, maybe.
RPD? Impossible.
>>
>>34165874
I don't think the ATF is gonna think that's kosher, you're going to have to basically remove the serial numbered section of the receiver and attach it to an RPD receiver, which they don't even let you do for repair.
>>
File: 017_edited-2.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (261KB, 900x598px) Image search: [Google]
017_edited-2.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
261KB, 900x598px
>>34165874
the RPD has only the cartidge with the AK system in common

BUT, you could build yourself a RPK
>>
>>34165874

N O
O

G U N S
U
N
S
>>
>>34165987
NIGGER
I
G
G
E
R

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2215850&postcount=3
>>
>>34165874
RPD isn't fucking AK. RPK is.

RPD is similar to DP/DT in operation, it's just different calibre, belt-fed and shit.
>>
File: RPD_RPK.jpg (160KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
RPD_RPK.jpg
160KB, 1024x768px
>>34166000
tell me, how does one convert the top one, to the bottom one?
>>
>>34166028
They don't
>>
>>34166028
The same way these guys built a belt fed HK23 on G3 registered reciever.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LbbmSYR_pTU

The point is it's been done. I'm trying to learn how and how much cost.
>>
>>34166058
Cant it be done? Theoretically, yes. Do you have access to a machine shop? Do you have machining skills or know someone with skills? Do you have weapons schematics? Do you have the funds and the time to complete the project?

Almost anything can be done, but its a question of whether or not it should be done.
>>
>>34166058
>>34166000

>a 19 year old faggot makes a thread about recreating a belt fed, open bolt, full auto only machine gun, and also somehow designing it to be semi auto closed bolt

>b.. But I just... I just wanna know if it's possible and how much! I... I have a friend who has a lathe!

Fuck off you piece of nerd shit.

Of course it's fucking possible. They designed it in the first place, didn't they?

Is it *feasible* for YOU?
Fucking no.

There's a reason none of the groups of dedicated faggots like you have ever been able to accomplish anything.

How long has it been since they started working on that Vintorez?
>>
>>34167483
>semi auto closed bolt

Learn to read poorfag

Registered fucking receiver
>>
>>34167483
They started working on that vintorez? I thought they just larped and pretended they were gonna figure something out.
>>
>>34165874
Just buy a semi auto one, i love mine.
>>
>>34165874
Why want an RPD? They're horribly ugly.
Also, check the Seattle area. I've seen one or two at gun shows over the years.
>>
File: MAC_RPD.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
MAC_RPD.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>34165874
Just do this
>>
>>34169179
You beat me to it. Franken guns and movie props are all MACs are actually good for
>>
>>34169179
Fuck, it's a postsample. Alcohol Tobacco and Faggotry
>>
You'd be better off building one from scratch.
>>
>>34167597

Hahahahahahah.

A faggot that doesn't know that the RPK and RPD are totally unrelated somehow has the money to buy either.

Fuck off.

That's like asking.

"HEY, how hard is it to convert this Lamborghini Aventador into a Ferrari F40????"

K Y S
>>
>>34165967
They can go fuck themselves. If the serial portion is the gun then I can attach it to whatever.
If I had the money I'd use some shit sub machine gun reciever and build my self a mini gun.
>>
File: Katt-Williams[1].jpg (40KB, 490x461px) Image search: [Google]
Katt-Williams[1].jpg
40KB, 490x461px
>>34165874
>>34166028
>MFW see people actually thinking that you can convert an AK to RPD
>MFW ITT fags who never touched an RPD yet alone shot one

The RPD and the RPK / AK family have literally nothing in common outside of the 7.62X39 rnd. You can't just take RPD parts and bolt them to an AK receiver and expect them to work.

That Flem guy from Acadiana gunworks was working on something similar a few years ago but the only thing he was using from the RPD was the feed top cover, everything else was cobbled together AK parts, and from what I can remember he has never finished it

>>34169179
This was actually easier to do as both the mac and the RPD are open bolt and was not too hard in having the RPD BCG hang on the Mac Sear, but this was project was killed by the ATF, as this classifies as a "Newly Manufactured Machine gun"
>>
can I build a copy of a registered receiver?

like if I had a M16 and the lower became damaged. would the ATF know if I just took another lower and made it into a copy? then I destroy the original. so I still just have that one lower with the same serial.
>>
File: 9873cPi[1].jpg (35KB, 374x503px) Image search: [Google]
9873cPi[1].jpg
35KB, 374x503px
>>34172910
That's a free ticket to one dead dog there annon. This was a loop hole many years ago that was filled by the ATF,

Olympic arms did just this many years ago, you would send them a worn out or busted registered FA lower, they would destroy the old one and make a new one with the same serial number. They did this for a while until ATF found out and told them to stop.
>>
Speaking theoretically, you can pretty much stamp any piece of sheet metal into any other piece of sheet metal.

But the RPD is a milled receiver. It just won't work.
>>
Hide your doggos and abandon thread
>>
File: AYYtf.jpg (26KB, 600x712px) Image search: [Google]
AYYtf.jpg
26KB, 600x712px
>>34172910
>>
>>34172958
With other brands of lowers. They can still replace lowers that originated with them.
>>
File: 8Pv6v5Uh.jpg (86KB, 1024x460px) Image search: [Google]
8Pv6v5Uh.jpg
86KB, 1024x460px
>>34172910
Transferable Colt M16s pop up all the time with post-86 A3 features.

NFA is so prohibitively expensive that the ATF doesn't care if you bend the law a little as long as you are rich or part of the political elite. You just need to keep quiet about it when you do it.
>>
lmao this whole thread is fucking insane
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.