[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not sure if this is /k/ related or /fit/ but oh well ill give

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (11KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 260x194px
Not sure if this is /k/ related or /fit/ but oh well ill give it a shot.

I want to learn a hand to hand fighting style but I want it to be a no filler type of style.

Karate and certain oriental styles seem more flashy and unnecessary where's I guess Styles like Krav Maga seem to the point but I'm not sure.
>>
MMA fighting. Maybe some jiu Jitsu for holds and joint locks.
>>
>>34161217
MMA seems too douche and full of meatheads that want to be brand flashy rather than learn to fight.

If the singer of tool does Jiu jitsu i know it must be stupid.
>>
File: 1478672720748.png (9KB, 393x297px) Image search: [Google]
1478672720748.png
9KB, 393x297px
>>34161245
>If the singer of tool does Jiu jitsu i know it must be stupid.
>>
I study Jiu Jitsu and it is by far the best if you want to learn a lot without having to get fit.

The art is literally designed for women so it relies on using the power of your enemy against them.
>>
>>34161245
>guys who train to fight other trained guys dont learn how to fight
>>
>>34161245
>too douchebags and full of meatheads

The frat boy douche culture that watches mma isn't the same as the culture that trains it.
>>
>>34161417
>Designed for women

No wonder Maynard and joe rogan uses it.
>>
>>34161197
17 years Judoka here, my advice is:

Western boxing
below the waist kicks
basic joint locks
ground work
core/hand strength
you're GTG

also, Ruh Na Wei style. The best fight is the one you're not part of.
>>
>>34161460
Yeah but they're beholden to Monster energy and jack links jerky n shit. I don't want any of that nonsense.
>>
>>34161490
idk wtf you want at this point
>>
>>34161478
Don't plan on being offensive. Same philosophy as a firearm. I dont put myself in situations where I would more likely need to use it.
>>
>>34161502
I want a fighting style that something maybe a military outfit is trained in and that doesn't have branding behind it.
>>
>>34161460
This. A vast majority of those fighters are insane athletes.

If you want hand to hand combat OP, learn Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu . It will cover punching, kicking, and ground work. Using some sort of "system" is complete bullshido 9.99/10 times.
>>
>>34161516
the military uses guns. if you want to win a fist fight you should train the same things pro fighters train
>>
>>34161537
Who's that Irish loudmouth fighter that I'm always jearing about?I think his name is Hoyce Gracie.
>>
>>34161490
You're incredibly wrong.

Most mma gyms offer a free class or two. I'd recommend you give it a shot because it seems like you don't have a lot of experience with actual martial artists who are by ane large normal adults or somewhat nerdy teenagers.
>>
>>34161197
not
>jew-jitsu

really now
>>
>>34161516
Commando LARP is meme branding for martial arts that can be entirely hit or miss as far as quality of instruction is concerned.

You don't have to worry about accidently going to a bullshit school with combat sports because sports are competitive and practioners are constantly being put to the test.
>>
>>34161516
This guy is a navy seal, listen to him.

https://youtu.be/SGpDVCkhtD4
>>
>>34161197
Boxing and Jiu Jitsu
Boxing for standing your ground and solid fundamentals that will put you light years ahead of your average thug and the JJ for if you end up on the ground. But ideally you should avoid ending up on the ground at all costs. I say this as someone who is a pretty good grappler.
>>
>>34161197
Did you check out Russian Systema ?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.