[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/ I remember reading about some wargame exercises conducted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: _88604599_gettyimages-485514188.jpg (47KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_88604599_gettyimages-485514188.jpg
47KB, 624x351px
Hey /k/ I remember reading about some wargame exercises conducted by the US gov that had some very embarrassing results. I can't remember the exact context but I think the opposing force were some rebel fighters or something and they were led by somebody important I forgot the name. Anyways it turns out the rebels beat the US so bad in the wargames that the US changed the rules to make it impossible for the rebels to win and then ran the games again and "claimed" victory.

I know my description is very specific so somebody will know what I'm talking about. Thanks.
>>
>>34160910
The opfor launched (simulated) torpedoes form small boats and btfo the navy.
>>
>>34160993
The magic messages ran on foot at light speed to give the order to attack.
>>
>>34160910
I mean, that's happened before in the 80's, can't think of any recent examples though.
>>
>>34160993
Yes that was it. What is the name of this scenario so I can search for it?
>>
>>34160910

1) The US Navy could not use defensive systems due to a flaw in the software that simulated the combat.
2) Another flaw also forced the navy to deploy in a manner that was not realistic.
3) the entire exercise was about testing command and control systems in specific situations. Not about testing defensive systems for the navy.

You are an idiot.
>>
>>34161089
The Falcon 2005.

Strange thing is, they pooled a lot of resources to counter this ,as they say, impossible scenario and came up with the LCS which is shit.
>>
File: tom the warlord.png (469KB, 1446x1437px) Image search: [Google]
tom the warlord.png
469KB, 1446x1437px
>>34160910
>>
>>34161280
No actually it's the Millennium Challenge 2002. You just listed the name of OP's image which he wasn't even talking about.
>>
>>34160910
The Vietnam War :^)
>>
>>34160910
Millenium Challenge, which had issues as noted above.

I think another issue was something like "the boats launching the missiles couldn't actually launch the missiles he was using". Essentially, a guy went off-script, said "fuck it put the impractically huge rocket on the boat that would capsize immediately if this was real" and the computer said "lel ok i gotchu bro".
>>
>>34161630
blame the game not the player, playa.
>>
>>34161313
So tom expelled all the niggers? Is that what I'm suppose to be getting from this?
>>
>>34160910
You mean the one with the motorcycles messengers that delivered things at the speed of light and the ships that fired silkworm missiles even though they were physically incapable of doing so?
>>
>>34161671
i can blame the player for cheating when he is using things that literally do not exist or are impossible.

I may as well be dropping F-22s and modern patriot batteries into a 1960' fighter war-game over the skies of Vietnam.
>>
>>34161313
>Going to cripplechan
>>
>>34160910
Im not sure what youre talking about, but reading about Richard Marcinko and his Red Cell ops will make you view the US government in an even more awful light than I'm sure you already do.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.